Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

When I did the practise the other night I was on a manual pit stop with the controller, and the pit limiter was automatically applied, presumably because I didn't have it mapped on the dualshock
Interesting Rob! Manual stops might just be the way to solve the mandatory pit requirement then. Drive right though.

It would need testing though.

In testing the default stop only took 5 seconds today. I think it's simpler to stick with the default stops. One option is to make the pit stops early - for example, if they were served at the end of lap one - the faster cars would now have to work their way back through the pack and any stops to repair damage would have to be served separately.

We will try today with a default stop prior to 20 minutes and see how it goes.

Results from Silverstone

Silverstone Classic Road to Nassau MON.jpg

Sorry for bump on the first lap Shauny, you was lagging (only half of red bars were next to your name before start - is you connection really so weak?) and I couldn't notice where you really were.

Guys who drove MB - what engine damage you had before finish? Mine was 13 - is it normal?

I remember days when I was fighting Simba, Lanc, Tavilha and other top drivers, but now I am miles away. Don't know - everybody around improved a lot or I've completely lost my pace, but I am slower and slower since summer. I started gym on August - maybe that is a problem? I am getting back home from gym 30-60 min. before practice room, feel myself tired, hands feels "pumped" :). Does anybody else do weight exercises on race day?
I could say more demotivated I was once on GT5, when couldn't get gold in Special event with Alpha Romeo for a while :). Was so angry so sold my DFGT I had and game, returned to racing only 2 years later when GT6 was released :). Earlier I was thinking about to upgrade to Fanatec (maybe Podium PS4), but now it looks like to buy Ferrari and drive first gear only.
@Sick Cylinder, demote me please, I am not a Pro+ driver.

I don't think you have lost your pace Napalm, fairly hard too catch in the Merc. I go to gym 3 times a week, nothing too heavy.:boggled:

I had some transition damage, kept increasing, towards the end, so how do reduce that. Was having good race with Harsk, Rage, lost them when came in to pits. Have customised my screen now, so have all the information, so looks better.

Looking forward to our next race.:D

I used to know someone called Jim. That's about it.

I also don't think you've slowed down @Napalm_LT. You did well in the previous series. Perhaps you are trying too hard to keep up in a slower car which is causing errors to creep in. It might be difficult after a gym routine but try to relax and enjoy the race and then you hopefully will get your rhythm back. 👍
Maybe a change of FFB may help too. I found switching from RAW to immersive has helped with the current cars. They seem less tail happy.

@ShaunyB like Napalm I noticed that you were lagging (jumping about on screen) and your connection bar was jumping from full strength (green) to poor (red). Do you connect via Wi-Fi by any chance? That can cause those problems. A direct wired connection is the best option for gaming with power line network adaptors being a decent alternative.

Sorry for bump on the first lap Shauny, you was lagging (only half of red bars were next to your name before start - is you connection really so weak?) and I couldn't notice where you really were.

Hi @ShaunyB - Is your PS4 connected to your modem via a cable? If you are using wifi this might explain why you sometimes show red and lag.

There is a confirmed space for you this Wednesday due to the absence of @DON Mejill

@Sick Cylinder, demote me please, I am not a Pro+ driver.

Please don't get disheartened - you will be in a faster car soon - just try to score some solid points until then and remember the Merc 300SL is in a different class. You earned the Pro+ ranking by winning a championship and therefore deserve it.

Results

Mon Nassau Round 5 Silverstone Classic.jpg

Above: a good start from Team Hill with solid scores producing a total of 46. Team Ireland scored 35 points and felt the absence of @Oldbass47
Team Gregory scored 30 points, but suffered two retirements - if possible please keep racing - you might score another point or two for the team. A great performance with maximum points from Reserve Team Captain @AndreasR means he leads the individual standings.

Below: results of the 1962 Nassau Trophy - I have shown the first 16 places so you can see who you matched yesterday. Also shown are some interesting cars which finished outside the top 16 - for instance a Birdcage Maserati, Chevrolet Corvair, TVR, Shelby Cobra 289 and Lister Knobbly Chevrolet. 1962 was the debut season for the Cobra and probably the last season for the Lister Knobbly which as a 1958 design was obsolete in top line racing. Note in an incredible 7th place the 7 litre Ford Galaxie of Darryl Dieringer which competed in NASCAR spec. You can watch footage of the 1962 races by clicking on the link in post 1 on page 1.

Mon Nassau 1962.jpg

Spotlight on Phil Hill
Our poster for the Monday Series shows Phil Hill pushing his Ferrari at Nassau. This great driver won the inaugural Nassau Trophy race in 1954 as well as the Le Mans 24 hour race three times, the Formula One World Championship in 1961 and many other racing victories. A trained mechanic, he seemed to have a sixth sense regarding the health of his cars which contributed to his incredible record in long distance races. His first love was car restoration and after retiring from racing he went into business restoring classic cars - his vehicles taking many trophies in the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

I hope you enjoy this great film about Phil Hill which was made in 1975 - you will see brief glimpses of James Hunt, Mario Andretti and other stars from the seventies.

Guys who drove MB - what engine damage you had before finish? Mine was 13 - is it normal?

Yup, mine was 13/14 as well.

I have shown the first 16 places so you can see who you matched yesterday.

Call me Lorenzo Bandini from now on in that case ;) Far more exotic than Rob! :lol:

I'm guessing we're sticking with the single pit stop now that points have been allocated? It's a shame we weren't all competing for race positions, came second in the Mercs and got lapped by all but two or three of the Aston's!

It's really going to spice up the team game though, with that much extra pace it's the AM's that could possibly win the championships for the teams with them not having to drive the MB. Looking forward to it!

It's really going to spice up the team game though, with that much extra pace it's the AM's that could possibly win the championships for the teams with them not having to drive the MB. Looking forward to it!

Yep, and I think the Astons will be a lot better-matched to the Ferraris on some of the tighter circuits as the 250TR's higher power will be less relevant and their drum brakes will start overheating (I hope!). I really enjoy sawing away at the DBR1's wheel but will miss the 250TR as it's one of my favourites in the game.

Like Rob said, I think this series will be a really interesting one. Hats off to @Sick Cylinder for all the planning and testing!

p.s. my Aston's engine damage was on 30-odd by the end – and that's after having the previous 30 repaired during my pit stop!

Last edited:
Well done Team Hill
Was tough race felt like i was going backwards plus the engine breaking made me worry a bit.. (13/14 by end)
Captain @IfAndOr good to see you leading by example!
@Harsk100 Nice to see you keep it together keep it up.
@Don Mejillone
@John Wells
Well done guys

@Napalm_LT don't think your slow bud with the split class we will have our day :)

@rj5992 well done dude you really showed the car who's boss.

Last edited:
i was going backwards
As team captain can I say try going forwards. It's much easier to see where you're going. :)

Should you need it for any timing changes @Sick Cylinder my Ferrari had 1 engine damage and no other faults. Using the default strategy the stop took 3 to 4 seconds. The overall time was longer of coarse. (Negotiating that tight pit entry was the most difficult!)

Have you thought about the manual pitstops and just driving through idea at all?

Note to Team Hill
What a difference it is to drive this track compared to last week. A lot more finesse is required as the corners are a lot sharper and have some well placed bumps. Brake early and take care not to over do it ...
Have a good race . :)

Sorry to hear that @Napalm_LT hope it gets better soon .. just get someone else to do it next time ..

Back