Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

solved the connection issue in the very last moment by setting the DNS on automatic again

Results from Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca Mon.jpg

OH btw @slthree I´m loosing my mind not beeing in Las Vegas

I still hope somebody posts the race
Sorry it's a no from me as well. It also wouldn't save for me either.

In perhaps the opposite to Rob, until 8.15 I hadn't actually driven the 300SL before! Sorry team Hill. However it did feel good though. But come qualification it was rubbish with no grip at all! I swapped setups a few times and eventually it felt OK again. Odd.

It was a fairly uneventful race for me. Other than Lancer (who'd had a V8 fitted :P) I managed to catch up and get past the other Mercs and then spent the next 20 minutes going around in circles by myself.

I can now see what those who had driven it before were complaining about though - the amount of engine wear/damage it gets is ridiculous! It didn't help that Andreas was maintaining his pace behind me, but even trying to be gentle with it mine had gone over 55. Too much longer and I'd have needed a tow truck.
(I expect Jocke struggled with the auto gears, it would red line all the time before changing)

Well done to team Hill and especially to Rich for maintaining the 2nd place Ferrari slot.

Last edited:
My first go in the Ferrari so took a little while to get the finesse needed to keep it going forward. Just tried to get round without too many mistakes and cautious on the corkscrew as the braking would bite hard if you got it wrong.
Congratulations to @rj5992 for the outstanding performance.
@Don Mejillone felt for you as in the mirror i see you go off after keeping the pace for 99% of the race .

Thanks Captain
Go Team Hill

Hey guys, I'm not going to be able to race on Monday, gone and caught the flu! Have a good one.

Get well soon rj5992!

Great pictures @John Wells - I especially like the ones taken from inside the car - great! I hope you have managed to get your wheel fixed - a TV repair shop might be able to fix it. I accidentally snapped a memory stick and a guy from a TV repair shop was able to do delicate soldering so I could recover the data.

I posted the table on page 1, but to save looking back through the thread, here it is again!

Mon Nassau Round 7 Laguna Seca.jpg

Guys - if you have some spare time watch this great film of the Road America Circuit in 1958. It was made by amateur racer and film maker Tom Countryman - he even had to make a special mount so he could film while driving his Porsche - this must be one of the earliest genuine onboard films. Watch out for some very rare and interesting cars - at 6 minutes in spot the blue Echnida - only 3 of these were made! (NB the film is incorrect in mentioning a Jaguar chassis - it actually came from a Chevrolet sedan, but was narrowed front and rear and shortened by 20 inches to fit a Devin fibreglass body). Note the Lister Knobbly at 6.28 and also a couple of cars in Briggs Cunningham colours including a Jaguar D Type and Lister - also the Porsche Spyder powered by the incredibly exotic and rare 4 cam Carrera engine - so many great cars in this film!

Great pictures @John Wells - I especially like the ones taken from inside the car - great! I hope you have managed to get your wheel fixed - a TV repair shop might be able to fix it. I accidentally snapped a memory stick and a guy from a TV repair shop was able to do delicate soldering so I could recover the data.

Thanks Sick, got in touch with Thrustmaster, so got too send some information, too later today. But if they can't anything, that's a route to go I think, so thanks for advice.:cheers:

I have some settings for controller, car feels a lot better, did some laps last night, had the Aston a round quite well. But not master like Harsk:D

I have some settings for controller, car feels a lot better, did some laps last night, had the Aston a round quite well. But not master like Harsk:D

Are you using the motion controller function or the sticks for steering? When I had to use a controller a while a go I found I was a lot more consistent with the motion steering. I can give you the settings if you want

Are you using the motion controller function or the sticks for steering? When I had to use a controller a while a go I found I was a lot more consistent with the motion steering. I can give you the settings if you want

How do you use motion , I'm use sticks, but R3, throttle, like have in bike games.:)

How do you use motion , I'm use sticks, but R3, throttle, like have in bike games.:)

Go to button assignments, press X on steer left, and tilt the controller to the left. Do the same for steer right. The other settings I have on controller are:

Gear Up: Circle
Gear Down: Cross
Headlights: L1
Request Pit Stop: R1
Cycle Camera: Square
Look Back: Triangle
Cycle HUD: Left on D pad

Throttle and Brake are automatically assigned to R2 and L2 respectively, but you can assign them to whatever you feel most comfortable with.

The next thing is to change the settings in the configuration menu to those in the picture below. The throttle and Brake settings are for R2 And L2, you might find they need a little tweak if you are using the stick.

received_434856570386931.jpeg

Go to button assignments, press X on steer left, and tilt the controller to the left. Do the same for steer right. The other settings I have on controller are:

Thanks rj, car was bit like driving a rubber ball tonight. So had a look at the settings, when we finished, look left, right was still on L3 button. Change that too something else, car a lot better too drive.:)

Had good race with @Napalm_LT keeping it close at 1 sec average for the length of the race .
We had a little incident and both went off at turn one but after getting back on we lined back up and continued our race like gentleman :)
I did take the lead at one point but napalm was better on the brakes and took it back a lap later .
Pit stop was frustrating as it slowed me up to let napalm box and i lost a second gggrrr.
Missed @rj5992 as sure he would have added a bit more drama to the running. (Hope your getting better)

Well done all
Check out @lancerevoo vid

Last edited:
Mon Nassau Round 8 Road America.jpg

Above - a great performance from @lancerevoo scoring such solid points with the Merc!

Note - next week (27th February) we are at Monza Historic Combined. Unfortunately SMS have given us a layout with a very slow, tight chicane - it will be important not to start racing until after this chicane. Also practise braking for the chicane - it needs a greater distance and slower speed than expected!

In real life the circuit was raced with and without chicanes so it would be nice if in future SMS gave us a greater choice of layouts. The combined circuit was used a few times for sports cars and single seaters, but the banked section had been very poorly built and soon became too bumpy to race on.

I couldn't find a nice clip of Sports Cars at the Monza Combined Circuit so have posted this clip of the 1962 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder. It was one of the first production cars to feature a turbocharger (Oldsmobile 1960 I think is the earlier one) - the advert starts with ludicrously speeded up film and the announcement, "Go for the powerful thrust of turbocharged gas!"

I don't think that yellow Ferrari is able to get a win @richroo. 2nd is it's maximum position.
That's the excuse we'll stick to anyway. ;) Well done with that second place anyway and extra points are I think deserved for that spectacular finish!

I think there was only really you and me at the end. Don was trying to keep his daughter from grabbing the wheel throughout the race, John had thrown his controller out the window although Harsk was still there not too far behind . :)
Well done team Hill. Some more points in the bag.

After starting near the back I'd managed to "charge" forward and had bit of a scrap with Andreas. I managed to squeeze by on the final corner after he had an off track moment. Lancer was impossible to catch! Although I see I did just beat his best lap time. Yay!

"Go for the powerful thrust of turbocharged gas!"
Sprouts or baked beans works for me.

Highest place finish....ever....for me! :rolleyes: :lol:

It was a hard race, not a fan of the Aston. Has anyone notice if you shift up and then back down really quickly you can get some decent power slides going? The car seems to lurch and lunge about when shifting, and my goodness does the front end bounce if you put your foot down too quickly!

I enjoy racing the Lotus so tomorrow should be a tamer event (I hope!)

Just had the one bump with Sick. It was fairly minor and I’m not really sure what happened....there was a crash in front of us and I went right to avoid and I think you did too, but there wasn’t a lot of space to move for either of us. I think you were too polite letting me back past. I didn’t have you in that corner, you defended well, and I was actually pulling out of a pass attempt on you to give way to you entering the corner. You should have kept the place IMO, as it was all pretty unavoidable from my perspective. The crash in front wasn’t your fault. Fair play to you though.

Loving the YouTube vids. Going to watch the Road America ones on the Wednesday thread later!

Highest place finish....ever....for me! :rolleyes: :lol:

Congratulations on a great result - I meant to mention it earlier!

Regarding the pass - the person in front had (I think) lost control of their car while braking for the corner and gone to the inside - I had to go inside them to avoid a collision and the game gave me a penalty saying I had to give a place back. I was glad when you came past promptly. I tried to latch on and went for a slightly different pit strategy, but you were pulling away steadily so thoroughly deserved the result. Towards the end I had some difficulties with judging braking points because of the low sun and opted to go cautious so lost quite a lot of time in the closing laps.

Loving the YouTube vids. Going to watch the Road America ones on the Wednesday thread later!

Glad you're enjoying the vids - I found it interesting in the 1958 one how close trees used to be to the track. Also, how the track doesn't have a defined kerb, but a rough edge - this would make the track much harder to drive and more dangerous with a risk of catching a tyre if you strayed over the edge.

The Vid on the Wednesday thread is really great - you will see cars competing which also raced at Nassau at the end of 1963 and 1964 including the fabulous Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport. At Nassau Chevrolet inflicted a heavy defeat on Ford who had come up with the first 427 Cobra in an attempt to combat the Grand Sport - this Cobra was known as "The Turd" by Shelby Team members and was raced by Ken Miles. Listen out for a rare interview with Ken and hear his refined English accent. Sadly he was killed while testing the Ford J Car - the predecessor to the 1967 Mark 4 which is in Project Cars 2.

If you haven't already seen them, I recommend the videos on page 1 of the Monday and Wednesday threads - which feature the 1962 and 1964 Nassau meetings.

Last edited:
Back