Monday Night Racing (recruiting for GT7 now)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 382 comments
Monday Night Racing
[PSN Community: Race Room]

May 11 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car & Wear: Honda NSX Gr.4 Sport Soft tires/Intermediates, 394 HP, 2998 lbs, Tires=10X, Fuel=5X

Honda-nsx-Gr-4-20200511192451.jpg

Tracks, (Laps):
Willow Springs Streets of Willow 2 (10)
Autopolis (8)
Red Bull Ring - rain (9)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

June 8 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: McLaren 650S Gr.4 Sport Soft, 399 HP, 2866 lbs, Tires = 9X, Fuel = 4

Mc-Laren-650-S-Gr-4-20200607204829.jpg

Tracks, (Laps):

Blue Moon Infield A 2 (12)
Dragon Trail - Seaside 2 (8)
St. Croix B 2 (5)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

June 15 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: McLaren 650S Coupe 2014, 641 HP, 2932 lbs, Sport Soft tires, Wear = 6, Fuel = 3

Mc-Laren-650-S-Coupe-2014-20200613152053.jpg

Tracks, (Laps):

Willow Springs Big Willow (11)
Sardegna Road Track B 2 (10)
Spa (5)

This car has nothing of what you would expect from brakes on a $265,500US car, so find your braking zones! The car came with ZR tires. That rating is optional for cars that can go 149 MHP or more, up to 186 MPH. Apparently, there are no similar requirements for actually slowing a car down adequately.

Last edited:
Are you avoiding racing on-line? Still? Why?

If you are new to on-line racing due to downtime because of the pandemic, you may have found that the Daily Sport races and some custom lobbies can be pretty rough. That is an instant turn-off for all but the nihilistic. It is not fun, trust me. I stopped doing almost any Sport races more than two years ago because there was little chance of having fun. Occasionally, something like the Supra Championship will interest me in Sport Mode, but for the most part, I stick to custom lobbies that have good settings and racing with friends that I have learned to trust, but I still look for lobbies with unfamiliar drivers to me. That at least gives me some control over the racing environment, by picking and choosing custom lobbies which have great settings.

This is also why I host the weekly Monday Night Racing challenges. Using good settings that have stood the test of time, the environment can be set such that drivers soon learn on their own that they can't mess about and get away with much. Penalties are set to strong, damage is set to Heavy, and tires have limited grip. These three things are enough to set the tone of our races. The cars also have their original weight and power, so weight and braking can be a factor, too. Everyone knows (or soon learns) that, if they mess up, they will either have to limp back to the pits or they will have some sort of time penalty (within GT Sport's limitations, of course). They also learn better that they could be the cause of someone else's pain, too, and the empathetic drivers will calm down and are more cautious when around other drivers.

Limiting grip makes drivers more cautious compared to the carefree environment of almost limitless grip found in many lobbies. No Traction Control is needed for most vehicles in GT, so that weeds out more of the drivers who rely on it versus learning to drive without it, but this can affect some drivers using Dual Shock controllers. GT does not allow for compromise here, though.

Setting the grid to Fastest First usually eliminates a lot of the first corner or first lap incidents caused by crowding going into the first corner. It also adds a bit of incentive for the drivers with cars ahead of them to try harder and go faster, to at least try and catch up to them.

Each MNR's program is also comforting, in that you know that you usually only need one car, whether good or not so great, for the whole night. This gives you a chance to improve your settings for it, get more time to grow comfortable with individual cars, and gain more confidence in your driving. You also are likely to get a better chance to redeem yourself after making mistakes, so there is an incentive to sticking around for a while longer. The length of the races allow for making mistakes and still trying to recover and close gaps.

Our public lobbies are open for drivers joining us sight unseen. This is when it can get interesting because no one knows just who will show up. Experienced drivers will rise to the challenges and stay for the good racing. And believe me, there are some very fast drivers out there. Players new to on-line racing can also take a look, but, unfortunately, a lot of them don't stay for the clean environment. This disappointing but not surprising. They want clean, fun racing, but aren't willing to learn how to drive with less grip quite so soon, even though this is the environment that they actually need in which to improve.

The professional racing drivers are going through the same learning curve on-line today as we all have. Less cautious drivers on-line are causing their pro friends the same grief that we receive. Only they have scrutineers looking at replays after the fact, to try to figure out what to do about incidents. We don't have that luxury. We rely on finding a group of likeminded drivers who recognise what it takes to have good natured but challenging, clean fun racing together frequently. Where everyone can rise to the occasion and do their best every time without carelessly getting bumped around. That doesn't mean that we don't make mistakes, we all do, but an MNR lobby is likely to be much more challenging, much safer than what you normally find in GT.

Do you know what a true test of a great racing challenge is? Whether the drivers in chat are focused on their driving rather than talking. If they concentrating on their driving, then the racing will be tougher, closer, and cleaner, with fewer mistakes being made.

Are you avoiding on-line racing still? Maybe you haven't found the right custom lobbies yet.

Monday Night Racing: come for the free beer, stay for the great racing!

Monday Night Racing

June 22 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: McLaren 650S Gr.3, Racing Hard tires, 506 Hp, 2734 lbs, Tires = 15X, Fuel = 4X

Mc-Laren-650-S-Gr-3-20200620155842.jpg

Tracks, (Laps):

LAguna Seca (10)
Interlagos (10)
Bathurst (10)

Last edited:
Tonight, we will be having a bit of fun doing longer races with great handling cars 2 of which we have used before (your tunes should be ready for you to start quickly), so if that interests you, please join in!

There will be three races of increasing duration using increasing performance cars.

Monday Night Racing

June 29 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car [Conditions] @ Track (Laps):

* N200 Honda Integra Type R (CD2) 1998, 198 HP, 2381 lbs, Comfort Soft, Tires = 30X, Fuel = 15X @ Barcelona (7)
* N400 TVR Speed 6, 360 HP, 2425 lbs, Sport Hard, Tires = 18X, Fuel = 5X @ Fuji with chicane (15)
* N600 Jaguar F-type R 542 HP, 3638 lbs, Tires = 14X, Fuel = 4X @ Brands Hatch GP (27)

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing!

Integra-Type-R-1998-20200629171926.jpg

TVR-Speed-6-20200629171914.jpg

Jaguar-F-type-R-2014-20200629171903.jpg

Hi! I'm interested in joining, What do I need to do?

Thanks for your interest in MNR, S2Kid.

You can get in the right car, match the specs, and just show up, but you would be better served by joining the "Race Room" PSN community. The weekly details are always posted there first. (and I see that I missed posting them here, this week...)

I hope to see you next week!

Thanks for your interest in MNR, S2Kid.

You can get in the right car, match the specs, and just show up, but you would be better served by joining the "Race Room" PSN community. The weekly details are always posted there first. (and I see that I missed posting them here, this week...)

I hope to see you next week!
Is there anyone I need to friend to get into the lobby? Also how would I get into the PSN community?

Go to the PSN Community called "Race Room" and request membership, then I can accept it.

The MNR lobbies are open to everyone, unless we are doing something that demands that we make it private, which is rare.

Public lobbies are generally not an issue with the settings that are used, to keep them as safe environments.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

July 13 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car [Conditions] @ Track (Laps): Peugeot RCZ Gr.4, 345 Hp, 2701 lbs, Sport Medium tires

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr-4-20200711203028.jpg

Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop, Tires 7X, Fuel 8X (10)
Maggiore West, Tires 7X, Fuel 8 (10)
Alsace Village 2 Tires 3X, Fuel 8* (8)

Monday Night Racing

July 20 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car [Conditions]: Mitsubishi EVO VGT, 2976 lbs, Sport Medium tires, Tire Wear = 8X, Fuel* = 3X

Mitsubishi-EVO-VGT-20200717172015-1.jpg

Tracks (Laps):

Kyoto Driving Park (8)
Sardegna Road Track A (8*)
Nurburgring GP (8)

This is an awesome car that you won't want to miss! Yes, it is AWD and it has typical AWD car issues, plus limited tuning, but it is a really fun ride.

Come for the free beer, but stay for the great racing.

Monday Night Racing

July 27 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car [Conditions]: Lexus RC F Gr.3 prototype 2016 only, 521 HP, 2866 lbs, Racing Hard tires

Lexus-Gr-3-prototype-20200726175333.jpg

Tracks, Conditions, (Laps):

Dragon Trail - Gardens 2: Tires = 15, Fuel = 4 (10)
Fuji No Chicane: Tires = 15, Fuel = 4 (10)
Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop: Tires = 17, Fuel = 4 (8)

The races will feel fast and should all be lots of fun.

Monday Night Racing

August 3 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Toyota 86 GRMN 2016 N200, 212 HP, 2690 lbs, Comfort Medium tires

Toyota-86-GRMN-2016-20200803172658.jpg

Fuel = 7X*
Tokyo Driving Park Miyagi Tires = 18X (15)
Sardenga Road Track C2 Tires= 20X* (12)
Autopolis Short Tires = 18X* (12)

Monday Night Racing

August 10 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Subaru WRX Gr.4, 377 HP, 2910 lbs, Sport Medium

Subaru-WRX-Gr-4-20200808014202.jpg

St Croix A, Tires = 9X, Fuel = 6x (4)
La Sarthe with chicanes, Tires = 10X, Fuel = 5X (3)
Nordschleife, Tires = 10X, Fuel = 7X (2)

You don't want to miss racing this car! It is a riot to drive, so much fun! And all of the tracks are fast, too!

Monday Night Racing

August 17 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Honda NSX 2017, Sport Soft tires, 570 HP, 3,924 lbs

Honda-NSX-2017-20200814234508.jpg

Kyota Driving Park, Tires = 6X, Fuel = 3X (8)
Autopolis Road Course, Tires= 5X, Fuel 3X, (10)
Suzuka GP, Tires = 5X, Fuel = 4X (6)

Tire wear is pretty even, but I found that this car was difficult to tune and drive. Also, the car is supposed to be AWD, but there is only one differential setting. Hmmm... Please practice a bit on all of the tracks.

Last edited:
What an, um, "unusual" car. Couldn't Honda find enough aluminum to make some of the parts lighter? 3924 lbs, are you kidding me?

Everyone struggled with this NSX. One driver even admitted to be dripping in sweat after driving it for a while. If anyone wants a used one, I know where you can find a bunch of them with only a few hundred miles on them.

Monday Night Racing

August 24 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: McLaren P1 GTR, 986 HP, 2965 Lbs, Racing Medium tires

Mc-Laren-P1-GTR-20200824121835.jpg

Maggiore East, Tires = 4X, Fuel = 3X (10)
Barcelona, Tires = 3X, Fuel = 2X (11)
Fuji with chicane, Tires = 3X, Fuel = 2X (12)
La Sarthe with chicanes, Tires = 3X, Fuel = 2X, (6) (pitting will be required)
Any additional races will be on voted tracks.

This has to be one of GT Sport's best cars, so I hope that you all can join us tonight.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

August 31 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday @ 2:30 PM

Race #1: N200 @ Sardegna Road Track C, Comfort Medium tires, 10 minutes
Race #2: N300 @ Big Willow, Sport Hard tires, 15 minutes
Race #3: N400 @ Tokyo Express Central Outer Loop, Sport Hard tires, 20 minutes
Race #4: N500 @ Red Bull Ring, Sport Medium tires, 20 minutes
Race #5: Gr.4 @ Brands Hatch GP, Sport Medium tires 6X, Fuel = 3X, 30 minutes
Race #6: Gr.3 @ Dragon Trail Seaside, Racing Hard tires 6X, Fuel =2X, 30 minutes

This will be a busy night, but with everyone's cooperation, we should be able to get them all done in a reasonable time. All races will, therefore, be BoPed. All category cars MUST be at 100% Horse Power and weight, though. NO bridging of categories.

Please join in on the fun! Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

September 7 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday @ 2:30 PM

Car: Citroen DS3 Racing 2011, Comfort Soft tires, 203 HP, 2568 lbs, Tires = 12X, Fuel = 8X*

Citroen-DS3-Racing-20200905141952.jpg

Tracks, (Laps):

Suzuka East (15)
Tsukuba (14)
Monza with chicane (7)*

Tire wear will not be a problem, fuel will be at Monza.

Please join in on the fun! Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
A Labour Day lobby is open.

Well, that was a fun car! Good turnout, too.

Last edited:
Back