Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Hi,

Just came across this thread and if I can make the race tonight I will try, I am a casual fan of historic cars and tracks but haven't really tried the Aston or done much on the historic tracks in P Cars 2 yet so I will be pretty green for this event (getting in my excuses early).

I have read the opening posts and will follow the rules, I don't really race much online but I always try and race clean.

@Sick Cylinder - I will send the friend request before the race but it may only just be before as will need to get the kids sorted out before getting onto the PlayStation (My online ID is the same as my ID here)

Cheers
Shoey

Hi,

Just came across this thread and if I can make the race tonight I will try, I am a casual fan of historic cars and tracks but haven't really tried the Aston or done much on the historic tracks in P Cars 2 yet so I will be pretty green for this event (getting in my excuses early).

I have read the opening posts and will follow the rules, I don't really race much online but I always try and race clean.

@Sick Cylinder - I will send the friend request before the race but it may only just be before as will need to get the kids sorted out before getting onto the PlayStation (My online ID is the same as my ID here)

Cheers
Shoey

Welcome Shoey - hope you can join us - it should be a lot of fun!

I'm also going to try to get there again this evening. I've had very little practice on a unknown foggy track in an unstable car. Should be fine. :P

Always a pleasure to race with you IfAndOr ! I've done quite a lot of practise for tonight (by my standards), but it doesn't seem to make any difference at this track - I'm still just as slow as I was at first! The track seems ideally suited to the car - quite challenging - the original pilots were very brave - sports car races stopped at this track layout in the mid seventies as a result of too many fatal accidents.

Another great car at this track is the Ferrari Daytona - try setting the race to multi-class, add Class B. OR try the Aston multi-class and add Class D (Merc 300SL) for some entertaining races.

Keep in mind - 3.02 update is out today

As Napalm has said there is an update - it isn't a big one so will only take about 10 minutes, but you will need to fire your PS4's up early.

Results from Spa

Spa Historic career 50.jpg

@Napalm_LT did I caused that spin when I overtook you the first time? If I changed too early I have to apologise.

Results from Spa

View attachment 700242
@Napalm_LT did I caused that spin when I overtook you the first time? If I changed too early I have to apologise.

You pushed me of track and showed where I should race :). Hopefully there was wide grass, I went 4 wheels of track, but didn't spin. lost about 1,5 seconds.

Sorry about that accident, Napalm, Simba, that should never of happened. Saw you coming, but don't how we manged too touch.

I think that ruined our race with that crash.

We cought you in bad place at bad moment - Simba was 0,3 seconds behind and I couldn't slow to much. Maybe I am wrong (haven't seen replay yet), but seemed you was moving inside, so I tried outside, but I misunderstood you or our speed difference was to big and happened what to happened :(. Our third race in a row I must say sorry to you.

It was strange evening at all. I didn't notice damage was on (was it mentioned somewhere?). In the out lap of the qually I was looking at map where others, missed brake point and crashed. Car was good and only in the next flying lap I noticed I cant reach over 200 km/h on 4 gear (5 and other gears works fine). Though it was bug, but in the next lap was the same and only than I noticed damage (I drive with pCars dash, with HUD off). Went to pits, but there weren't my mechanics :) and I went of pits without repair. Hopefully I got I can push "retire to pits", my car was repaired and I was on time to start my the one flying lap just before end of qually.

I didn't check pit stop strategy before race (forgot to do it :) ), usually damage repair is on, but there it was turned of, so when I went o pits after crash, my car wasn't repaired and I retired to pits.

It was amazing race anyway. Big thanks to @Sick Cylinder for organizing this.
I am also very impressed about @AndreasR driving. I don't know how can you drive 0,2-0,5 seconds behind with a so tricky car :bowdown:. It is impossible for me :(

Last edited:
Results? Seriously?

What results at least 2 players where trying to join but unable....

Players who actually (spend) wasted time practising to not be able to join....

This is some propper .... (Fill in the blank)
And.yes even after a nights rest I'm ****ing mad as hell... I was looking forward to that race for quite a long time to then have it ****ed because ****ing glitchy ****game. Combined with everyone hey my ****ing game is good let's continue attitude...

How do you want people to gain joy out of this league? Ho do expect people to stay around for leagues if for all they know all the work they are putting in is useless because the ****game might **** them over and it cpuld have all been for nothing....

To all those willing to join a league keep that on mind is one of the perks of beeing in a league in pC2

Edit: this is more critique of pC2
The game is brilliant but the inconsistensies make it a disaster for anything competetive...

Last edited:
Congratulations to Champion SimbaLora

Sadly the meeting went a bit Pete Tong (wrong). The settings seemed to be messed up for some reason (update?) and we had people trying to get in and disconnecting and random uninvited people gate crashing the party! I think the room must have turned public. I didn't have a HUD. or a mirror or track map or any information on lap times or any idea what was going on so the whole meeting was very confusing for me.

Amidst all the carnage, the experiment with adding four AI worked well - they drove cleanly at level 79/50 and during the race I actually thought they were real people - I was pleasantly surprised at how cleanly they drove!

As the meeting was such a disaster I propose that we run it again, but with the correct settings on Wednesday 27th December (that was going to be a Christmas Fun Race) - this would give everyone who prepared for the meeting another chance to race a great car at an iconic track. Let me know what you think guys!

Thanks Napalm it was a tight place on the track, I maybe should moved to right, you both going a lighting speed. My car was already damaged from previous crash, so pitted got repaired. Saw you stay in the pits. Then I had another big crash, with car up side down, so retired to pits after that.

Thanks Sick for organising.:)

Very atmospheric shots John. You were sensible in having your lights on.

It was indeed a bit of a strange race! I deliberately didn't set a qualifying time since I wanted to stay clear of everyone. I didn't get a bad start, although I still haven't figured out the best technique in Pcars (any advice is welcome). I was tailing the pack but all the messages about players leaving/joining distracted me so much that when a spun car appeared out of the fog I wasn't ready for it! I missed it but ended up in the verge. John was upside down so I waited to see if he needed rescuing. :)

I tailed John for a couple of laps but another off road incident ended with the car slightly damaged so I decided to pit. This turned out to be a full manual pitstop which was a surprise since I'd never done one before. It went quite smoothly though with the damage getting repaired.

I was just hot lapping and getting to grips with the car towards the end. My lap times were coming down quite well.

There are definitely still some glitches but I think that maybe some of the problems are caused by having too many options with sometimes the inability to save them fully - or they reset.
I'm also getting some strange graphical errors since the update. I've noticed others with it on the bug thread.

The added AI was pretty good but I wonder if their presence caused the connection problems. Have you had those problems previously?

Pcars is very good but its inconsistences let it down at times.

Oh and well done to Andreas. 👍

I propose that we run it again
The Aston around Spa historic in a full blizzard. With a umbrella.

Hi all,
shame about the race. Was hoping the updates had sorted things out, but had to leave due to progress warning starting again going to track , tried a few times.
Got back to lobby but too late for the race. I was as angry as Mr Tree after putting in some practice time .
I understand sick only has a set amount of time and restarting would involve shorter race length .plus all the championship to keep up with (well done that man!)
Hope bad luck takes a back seat for the coming year!

Ps. Merry Xmas All

Catch u soon

The new racing livery Ford Mustang looks really good, haven't driven it yet.:D

It's really good John - well worth trying, but I wish they had modelled a Boss 302 Mustang instead as that is the model which raced in the Trans American Sedan Championship (Trans Am) against the 1969 Z28 Camaro already in the game - perhaps licensing rules affected their choice?

Where's the fun race Sick?

The Fun Race will be on Wednesday 27th December so I'll advertise it in the Wednesday thread.

New 2018 Series

2018 Programme.jpg

Posts 1 - 7 of this thread have been updated to feature the new 2018 series. We will be reliving the 1965 BSCC season during which Roy Pierpoint triumphed in an Alan Mann Mustang originally prepared for the Tour de France Auto. He was competing against his team mate Sir Gawaine Baillie, Mike Parkes and Sir Jack Brabham (also Mustang's), Jim Clark and Jack Sears (Ford Cortina Lotus), plus Warwick Banks and John Rhodes (Mini Cooper S).

After 5 frantic rounds of classic saloon action we switch to our recreation of the 1965 Formula One season using the Lotus 25 at a range of great, period look tracks.

1965 Career Track List 2018 Mon.jpg

Poster Mustang RP Cup.jpg

I'll be posting some information shortly regarding Mustang colours - unfortunately this car doesn't have race numbers, but some of the liveries are good and by selecting the best ones the grid can look more authentic.

Please feel free to post any queries or comments below and if you haven't raced with us before - welcome - I hope you can join us !!!

Round 1 from Brands Hatch GP on 8th Jan 2018 at 20:30 UK time

Does everyone have the Season Pass?

If required, I’ll buy the season pass at any point. It’ll happen anyway, sooner than later.

The season pass is currently on offer in the PSN store - £17 instead of £25. A bit of a saving for anyone thinking of getting it.

I'm quite tempted although not knowing quite what it is you're paying for is a little off-putting. And the fact that, at the moment, the GTS extra content seems to be free .

The season pass is currently on offer in the PSN store - £17 instead of £25. A bit of a saving for anyone thinking of getting it.

I'm quite tempted although not knowing quite what it is you're paying for is a little off-putting. And the fact that, at the moment, the GTS extra content seems to be free .

Hi If - the contents of the various packs has been leaked, but not officially announced. There are 4.5 packs. The first complete pack was the Fun Pack which contained 2 RX packs and 8 cars of which the best is a 1966 Trans Am spec Ford Mustang Fastback. The 0.5 pack is something you get as a bonus for getting the Season Pass and is very good (so good in fact that I have forgotten what is in it! - I get confused between its 4 cars and the 4 cars for the pre-order bonus, which you can also buy now). The remaining 3 packs are expected to be released at quarterly intervals and contain 1 or 2 tracks and 8 or 9 cars. They are: Le Mans Legends, Porsche, Ferrari. The DLC is expected to include Classic Le Mans, Interlagos, the Porsche 917 in Le Mans and Can Am variants plus a 1957 Ferrari TR 250 to battle against the classic Aston.

The GTS content may be free, but it doesn't seem to include iconic racetracks and historically significant race cars. Well worth £17 I think, but I will ensure that future race series are still open to people who haven't bought the DLC.

I paid £25 for the season right before my holidays and don’t regret it.

I don’t mind having paid the extra £8 as I like to support SMS guys, who in my humble opinion are doing extremely well.

I briefly tried GTS and it is the first GT game I will not buy (Unless something changes dramatically). It’s just not my cup of tea anymore.

GT might be adding content for free but it was content that was missing in the first place.

GT might be adding content for free but it was content that was missing in the first place
Missing from a traditional GT game then true enough. And still there isn't a large variety of tracks.

I quite like both games but for different reasons. PC has the more down to earth gritty proper racer feel and is very customisable. I enjoy it with all the permutations it provides. Whereas it's also nice to see the highly polished product that GTS is in all its sparkling glory. I can sit just looking at the cars, photos and liveries at times. The GT online lobby experience is also superior. Not sure about sport mode since I've never ventured into that, seems a bit hit or miss. One game is made for the masses and the other for the more purist racer. Each has its place and is very good at what it does. And then there is of course Assetto Corsa!

I did get the Japanese car pack @Sick Cylinder although those cars are probably not high on your list of desirables. :P
but I will ensure that future race series are still open to people who haven't bought the DLC.
I'd phase the new content in Sick (if it's good), since those who have bought it will want to use it. Are you planning on a rally cross event at all?

And I forgot to say previously...
All the best to everyone for the New Year. 👍​

Back