Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Great battle from start to end @Sick Cylinder, really enjoyed that. Congrats on the GT win, you've had some good results lately.

The new weather settings are really bringing an added dimension to the atmosphere of each race so thanks for spending the extra time testing.

So has it changed from PCARS1 where you could use a DLC track if the host chose it even if you didn't have DLC yourself? Shame to lose @Harsk100 from this week if so

@John Wells from memory I think I dropped down to 3rd for Indy and then second for Arnage but I probably experimented a bit during the race as I didn't have time to practice this car/track combo. White House is my worst part of the Classic circuit so probably best to ask Sick – he was leaving me there!

Great battle from start to end @Sick Cylinder, really enjoyed that. Congrats on the GT win, you've had some good results lately.

The new weather settings are really bringing an added dimension to the atmosphere of each race so thanks for spending the extra time testing.

So has it changed from PCARS1 where you could use a DLC track if the host chose it even if you didn't have DLC yourself? Shame to lose @Harsk100 from this week if so

@John Wells from memory I think I dropped down to 3rd for Indy and then second for Arnage but I probably experimented a bit during the race as I didn't have time to practice this car/track combo. White House is my worst part of the Classic circuit so probably best to ask Sick – he was leaving me there!
Is this wednesday also the Le Mans? If it's that case, then I won't be able to attend....

Thanks Joe I could see you both, for a while then disappeared. In one the quicker cars, can be a bit tricky White House section. I didn't test the weather, just date, so nice when track got dark though, buildings all lit up.:D

Shame Harsk can't drive on these rounds.:yuck:

Don't know if it was game or wheel problem - shifted down while braking, pushed padle once but gears changed right from 4 to 2, rear wheels locked and crashed. I have never had this earlier. Does anybody know something about that?

Don't know if it was game or wheel problem - shifted down while braking, pushed padle once but gears changed right from 4 to 2, rear wheels locked and crashed. I have never had this earlier. Does anybody know something about that?

I've had it very ocassionally, like the wheel registers the paddle shift twice. I think it's only happened on the way up the gears for me, but I thought the downshift protection in this game would prevent it on the way down...

MPPTQC8OGF-AAASWE_.jpeg
Project CARS 2_20180731105634.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731110257.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731110512.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731111102.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731105946.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731112632.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731112855.jpg
MPPTQ-BM21AAAASWE_.jpeg
MPPTQCIM21AAAASWE_.jpeg
Project CARS 2_20180731112419.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180731113132.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801141810.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801142657.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801143030.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801142220.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801142328.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801143704.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801143836.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801143315.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180801143551.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180730214115.jpg

Thanks Sick Mustang better to drive now, haven't had that clunk changing down. I'm not sure of all the corners myself, but when watching, Classic Le Mans, said about White House, went off at the Porsche Curves. So its probably French, meaning for that bit, not great on language, struggle with English.:embarrassed::rolleyes:

Notice for all Racers

Slight change to settings for both Monday and Wednesday - Session Start Time 01:00 (Night), Time Progression = 10 X, Weather slots 4 = Clear, Light Cloud, Clear, Hazy. Weather Progression = Sync to race.

im-back.png

How the heck did I get the fastest lap! :crazy:

I didn't really know the track, especially at night, and had never driven the car before so I followed Beachboy around for quite a few laps (good fun) until I'd got used to them both. So I suppose I got quicker as the race went on.

Very nice lighting effects Sick. Quite atmospheric.

Was looking forward to a good battle with @beachboy6658, and @IfAndOr on his return. Popped to toilet and to get a drink before the race start, got settled back into my rig and watched the last few secs count down. Didn't realise you had to press 'ready' to not get kicked off the grid. Gutted.

To ease my frustration and get some practice in for Wednesday's race, I thought I'd spend the time doing the 1970/71 Le Mans invitational in career using the 512S. After spending probably half an hour restarting until I managed to survive the first lap without being taken out by moronic AI, I finally had a clean one and managed to build up a lead of a few seconds ahead of a couple of 917LHs. Finally some success at La Sarthe was on the cards.

Except I miscalculated my fuel load and ran dry on the final lap! :banghead:

Hope tomorrow goes better (and I remember to press start...)

Last edited:
Didn't realise you had to press 'ready' to not get kicked off the grid. Gutted.
That's a real shame and not something I realised either. It does seem a bit harsh but thinking about it if someone isn't genuinely ready they would appear on the grid but wouldn't move, so they are removed as a safety measure I suppose. It's certainly something to remember!

That was too bad Joe, not very good:ouch:

Had good race with Sick, Old, could see there tail lights for quite a while. Then Old spun out, so managed to by, but got couple time penaltys. So was behind on the final result, there wasn't much in it with our lap times, really.

Good see you back If.👍

Was looking forward to a good battle with @beachboy6658, and @IfAndOr on his return. Popped to toilet and to get a drink before the race start, got settled back into my rig and watched the last few secs count down. Didn't realise you had to press 'ready' to not get kicked off the grid. Gutted.

Yes - you have to watch that - I've been caught out - I wrongly assumed that the Host would automatically be in the race, but no! Also I once pressed ready before I had sat down and the car set off before I was ready - only press Ready when you are ready!

At the moment I normally pop to the loo while the game is counting down and if people haven't pressed ready I wait as long as possible - I think I waited until 10 seconds. If I think my bladder can last 30 minutes and everyone has already pressed Ready then I'll press it right away.

I recently finished reading David Hobbs excellent autobiography "Hobbo" which inspired me to watch this old Le Mans film again - David Hobbs entered Le Mans 20 times during his career including this early entry for Standard Triumph in a "Spitfire".

only press Ready when you are ready!
Good advice for life there Sick. :)

I've been caught out
Yes I remember the story of you racing with your trousers off. Although I've been trying to forget it! :boggled:

I've told you before to prevent any bladder problems you want one of these
fdd769f5b06ef3db1d04ab9e6efc70bd.jpg

Just needs a screen in front of it and you're sorted.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm not going to be able to race tonight guys, I have a road test date with an MG SVR and I don't think I'll be back in time.

Good luck all, see you Wednesday

Latest Posts

Back