Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Results from Sonoma

Sonoma GP Lotus 40.jpg

BOF Report (back of field:P) :
1. Loved the single file rolling...was glad to quali near back of field...in case of early carnage if it didn't work...but it DID work..beautifully (at least from my vantage point!).
2. Was up to 8th near behind Sick, then we passed someone who spinned (maybe?) Into 7th...felt good for awhile, then...
3. My usual stupid spinout (1st stupid thing:dunce:) about 7 or 8 minutes in left me back in 10th with pretty bad damage...drove around and missed the pits (2nd stupid thing:ouch:)... so limped around a 2nd lap before pitting..then..
4. After pit repairs completed and upon release from the pit stall, my car under AI control swung out and hit the outer pit wall:confused:! Do not know if that caused damage or not...then..
5. At end of pit lane as soon as car was released to manual control, I was busy watching for cars coming around bend and failed to grab my wheel, so car veered right severely and clipped the edge of the pit wall enough to cause me new damage (3rd stupid thing:scared:)...then..
6. Had a real merry~go~round spinfest the next couple of laps until I figured I should pit again before I crashed you front runners...and again after pit stall release, the car hit the inner pit wall! Arghhhh:boggled:...then..
7. Managed to spin less and limp home. Whew :crazy:
Really had fun though. Looked like a very clean race from where I was, anyway.
Thanks for reading!
PS: Sick, can we change the races to 7 or 8 minutes long?:gtpflag:

Congrats to Napalm, Lancer and Simba! What a tough car/track combo this was!
I was so focused on maintaining my speed on the formation lap, that I forgot there was a track out there somewhere :lol: Sorry for the mess I created... But the race start itself went beautifully in my opinion. Double file would probably have been a bit messy.
I didn't livestream today to test the lag issues, and it did seem better. But as I had to save the share video clip, I forgot to save the replay... :ouch: It would be good for a laugh.

Anyway, here's my footage.

Race start:

Spent the evening familiarising myself with the 40 and Road America, both new to me. After some practice I tried a race with AI on 79/80 but they seemed to outbrake me and often punt me off, particularly into the corners with long heavy braking zones.

Is this an AI balance thing or is it just me?

Spent the evening familiarising myself with the 40 and Road America, both new to me. After some practice I tried a race with AI on 79/80 but they seemed to outbrake me and often punt me off, particularly into the corners with long heavy braking zones.

Dunno... never raced the AI in the lotus 40. You do need to brake very early compared to formula or modern cars

I'd say the outbreaking is caused by the 79 (skill) and the punting is from the 80 (aggression). There doesn't seem to be settings that work for every car or every track. It's a matter of adjusting them as necessary. I usually try around 65/55 and tweak them up or down from there depending on how the AI reacts and how fast I am.

How's your peddles? Sounds like they are working.

I have the Al set 40/40, in the Lotus 40, with a reduced grid. Than tried the Aston Martin, 14 on grid, at same level, they where fairly quick, could only keep up with at the back.:)

Guys, won't get onto ps4 till Monday, so I am wondering if the issues with the new patch are resolved so we can race Monday?

The PC2 patch is 3.5 GB - I haven't had any problems with it - in fact some cars seem to have improved! NB there is also a 0.5 GB PSN update - if you haven't been on the PS4 for a few days you may still have that to do.

The PC2 patch is 3.5 GB - I haven't had any problems with it - in fact some cars seem to have improved! NB there is also a 0.5 GB PSN update - if you haven't been on the PS4 for a few days you may still have that to do.
I got them both thru auto save..good to go in Wisconsin!!! Thx Sick

Championship Points (NB the points are also shown in post 1 on page 1)

Lotus 40 Round 2 of 5 Sonoma.jpg

Round 3 Road America

Below Classic Racer and Instructor Jim Pace drives the ex-John Surtees Lola T70 Chevrolet which won the inaugural (1966) Can Am Championship.

Below Jim Pace racing the ex-Brian Redman McLaren M6B at Road America in a Historic Can Am event.

NB we are still looking for one more reserve driver - if interested please leave a message below.

The Lotus 40 certainly isn't a car that you can drive while thinking about what items you need to add to tomorrow's shopping list. It demands your full attention! Strangely if it wasn't sliding over the kerbs it was getting attracted to them.
Thankfully I managed to avoid making contact with anyone, but I can't say the same about a couple of barriers unfortunately.

It's not a car for close combat racing but a interesting one nonetheless.

Well done to the top guys and to all for finishing the race.

I forgot to ask...

Did I appear to lag to anyone? My car looked to be ok on Tavilha's videos.
My new internet connection seems to be relatively stable now, with just the occasional reboot, but I of course can't tell how I appeared to others. I didn't see any lag from anyone else which is hopefully a good sign.

It's currently settled with the slightly slower download and slightly faster upload speeds, which is a comprise I can live with. It'll stream a Netflix/YouTube video without problems.

I forgot to ask...

Did I appear to lag to anyone? My car looked to be ok on Tavilha's videos.
My new internet connection seems to be relatively stable now, with just the occasional reboot, but I of course can't tell how I appeared to others. I didn't see any lag from anyone else which is hopefully a good sign.

It's currently settled with the slightly slower download and slightly faster upload speeds, which is a comprise I can live with. It'll stream a Netflix/YouTube video without problems.

You were so fast - I didn't get a glimpse! I didn't see any lag from anyone, but I only got to see the bottom third of the field.

You were so fast - I didn't get a glimpse!
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. :P

I have my moments of greatness, the trouble is they are often followed by moments of "Oh hello barrier".
Consistency more than outright speed is the key for being up the front. Although being fast in the first place helps. :)

Back