Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

That would certainly solve it. There doesn't appear to be any buttons at all. :P

I haven't got a T300 but I've always thought This 13" wheel also looks good.

I read about the Sparco R383 wheel on GTPlanet - very good apparently, but the Ferrari wood rim is PC only not console. I have thought about doing my own wood wheel using a 13 inch Moto Lita (or similar) and combining it with Thrustmaster buttons to keep it PS4 compatible - wouldn't be too difficult and could be a lot cheaper! (If I got an expert friend to do the conversion!).

All of a sudden I could only see the sky
as I flipped numerous times in the air and crashed hard on the ground several times over.
I think that was mainly due to my car hitting yours broadside at speed! You'd unfortunately gone wide and caught the fence so I took a slightly tighter line thinking I'd miss you but no, your car ricocheted back off the fence straight into my path. Crunch! :P
hihi.gif

Welcome to GTPlanet @rj195992 👍

Although it can get a bit "busy" I think there are spaces free. Especially on Mondays (there's the Wednesday series too) but over to the boss Mr Cylinder for the definite answer. He'll assign you the cars and colours etc.

just want clean racing!
Oh you'd certainty get that. We're all squeaky clean here. :P
A good range of speeds and abilities too.

Hope to see you soon.

Brilliant, thanks for the reply ifandor, and for the welcome!

I read back a few pages and noticed you guys talking about the classic ferrari thrustmaster rim. Whilst I don't have anything that fancy, I do use a custom rim I made for my G27 (running on the PS4 through a GIMX). Thought you might find it interesting.

received_270306466919521.jpeg

I did short test run yesterday and noticed engine is loosing power every lap at least by -1. I used early upshift and late downshift so save engine, but it wasn't matter. After 8 laps I had -9 engine. Main damage I got after braking on the main straight even I carefully used engine braking - there weren't no rev. lights at all under braking (no red lights, no yellow, no green). Is it normal?

Are there any vacancies in your championship at the moment?

Hi RJ and welcome to GTPlanet. On Monday's there are 3 confirmed vacancies. You are welcome to join - you will need to exchange a friend request with me so that you can receive an invitation. It is best if any friends of yours who want to join also join GTPlanet and exchange friend requests.

If you take the slot in the table titled VACANT 14 you will use an Aston Martin DBR1/300 for today's round. Next week you will be in a Ferrari 250 TR red number 7.

I'm unsure how the pitstops actually work in this game so I will just go by the seat of my pants and see how it unfolds.

Hi Jocke - there shouldn't be any need for pitstops as these old cars only use one tyre wet or dry - you will just keep motoring along!

I did short test run yesterday and noticed engine is loosing power every lap at least by -1. I used early upshift and late downshift so save engine, but it wasn't matter. After 8 laps I had -9 engine. Main damage I got after braking on the main straight even I carefully used engine braking - there weren't no rev. lights at all under braking (no red lights, no yellow, no green). Is it normal?

I'll do a test run after breakfast and confirm the exact settings.

I'll do a test run after breakfast and confirm the exact settings.

Probably you misunderstood me. I use pCars dash, it has rev lights - green, yellow and red. Green lights are on at about middle of possible revs range, at below revs, all rev lights are off. So I downshifted at low revs (there weren't any lights on app), but got engine damage every lap anyway. That was the question - is it normal?

I've just realised that it's historic Le Mans tonight so anyone without the DLC (@Harsk100) won't be able to race! Sorry Pedro. :guilty:
(Have you and your friends got the DLCs @rj195992 ?)

I haven't tried it out yet @Napalm_LT so I'm not sure about the engine damage. I'll give it a try a little later. Is that the Ferrari?

Hi guys,

Cheers for the response Sick. Both me and my mate have season passes for all dlc, ifandor.

My mates psn is RagingBullLC if you want to drop him a friend request.

I look forward to tonight!

All Drivers - Settings for Tonights Race

Date: 14/06/70
Time: 01:00 (Qualification also 01:00)
Time Progression: X 10
4 Weather slots = Clear / Light Rain / Light Cloud / Clear

NB The race will start dry and dark. Soon after it will rain then the track will dry as the sun comes up.

Hi guys. Cheers for the response Sick. Both me and my mate have season passes for all dlc, ifandor. My mates psn is RagingBullLC if you want to drop him a friend request. I look forward to tonight!

That is great!

RJ has accepted the friend request and I have added him to the "Sick's Race Room" conversation on PS4 - we use it to chat after the race. Guys please friend RJ for practise purposes etc. NB we don't practise in the race room, but there is normally a practise room available run by @John Wells

I have sent a friend request to RagingBullLC. He will have the cars listed under VACANT 15 in the table - for tonight Red Ferrari 250 TR race number 6.

I haven't tried it out yet @Napalm_LT so I'm not sure about the engine damage. I'll give it a try a little later. Is that the Ferrari?

I just ran a test race to confirm the weather settings and noticed that the Ferrari 250 TR revs about 500rpm over its rev counter telltale on the Mulsanne Straight - I don't know if this produces engine wear in the game.

Many apologies @Harsk100 for using the DLC version of Le Mans today, but I felt it was important for the atmosphere of the round as we are simulating 1957. Note - on Wednesday with the Porsche 908 we are using the modern Le Mans layout as I didn't want Harsk to miss both rounds.

Just a quick overview @rj195992

Firstly someone often opens a practice room roughly an hour before the race. If you're on the friends list you'll hopefully get an invite.
At around 8.30 Sick will open the race room and send you an invite. When everyone is in he'll start the 20 qualification session (you can join at anytime prior to the race). There's a couple of minutes race ready break and then the 30 minutes race begins.

Just a word of caution about the modified start procedure that helps prevent first corner congestion/crashes. Basically it's don't go on green (unless you're on poll) it's wait until the car in front moves away and then go. There's a sort of rule of not overtaking before the first corner but it depends on the track and the circumstances really. So just be sensible since there's 30 mins to go. ;)

Oh and we tend not to use mics at all - unless it's something very important. We use the psn chat feature instead. I think you can open a party chat though and use that if you want.

Aaah Joe... Thanks for the compliment but did you really have to cost me my spare time in our first encounter!? :D

I didn't have a matching gearstick, hadn't even thought of it to be honest. But now I'm going to have to make one. :lol: Lack of a lathe will make it interesting, but I do have a chunk of mahogany that will suffice.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes :cheers:

@rj195992 - Don't worry you can answer later. :)
Did the base of the wheel involve using a CNC routing machine*? Or was it cutout by hand?
Neat buttons as well.

*I used to programme machines to cut out shapes like that. Never thought of a wheel replacement though!

Back