Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Results from LM

Screenshot_20181126-230055.png

Screenshot_20181126-233815.png

@John Wells - I didn't have a clear out of my saves before the race yesterday so unfortunately I couldn't save the replay. When you're taking your photos have a look on the last lap (I think) when Napalm, Rich, Beachboy and myself were side by side flat out down the Mulsane straight heading towards the second chicane*. That would make a good shot. :)

* And it all ended without any contact whatsoever! Well done guys.

My RD had cast wheels, as well, but was a bit of dog, going anywhere, used too eat battery's.

I had a BSA B31, 350 from 1954, this was a lovely bike, you go anywhere.

Have a look at Ride 3, these bikes go round corners, TT game is really, just the handling.
Lots of bikes, can't wait to try Mike Hailwood Honda 4 and Agos MV Agusta.:D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ride-3.378247/page-5#post-12555932

Well someone had to be last and I guess it was my turn hahaha , default levels the playing field and I am happy with that, but the thing I can't sort out is the brakes as in default it's set to 95% and any pressure on brakes just Lock brakes instantly or worse still it will the arse end will come round , recalibrate everything and same ,

So I don't know what the answer is ,I do know there was a bug in both games in default with would either overheat rear tyres or touch of brakes both resulting in spinning because I found the car almost undriveable and had to tiptoe round the track ,

I tried ford A day later in a test online and car was fine to drive in default , who knows lol

@John Wells - I didn't have a clear out of my saves before the race yesterday so unfortunately I couldn't save the replay. When you're taking your photos have a look on the last lap (I think) when Napalm, Rich, Beachboy and myself were side by side flat out down the Mulsane straight heading towards the second chicane*. That would make a good shot. :)

* And it all ended without any contact whatsoever! Well done guys.

Yes,last lap was awesome.

@richroo you should check your pedals, because I saw brake lights blinking under acceleration quite often.

but the thing I can't sort out is the brakes
First off, have you definitely calibrated your pedals via the settings menu? I expect you have but I thought I'd ask. Second, what wheel are you using?

These cars, both the group A & B, do seem to be quite sharp on the the brakes - in that they lock up very easily. Being RWD they are especially light at the rear so moving the balance forward can help in preventing the rears from locking and spinning you around. You can do this in default setup but you will need to map some buttons to do it though.

Did you try lowering the brake sensitivity setting? That should lower your initial pedal input while still giving you full breaking when fully depressed. A little bit of brake dead zone might also help, but not too much through.

Settings for Monday 3rd December 2018

In game date: 3rd September
In game time: 14:00
Time progression: 5X
Weather: Light Rain / Heavy Cloud / Medium Cloud / Light Cloud
Sync to race

Note - the same settings will also be used on Wednesday.

Settings for Monday 3rd December 2018

In game date: 3rd September
In game time: 14:00
Time progression: 5X
Weather: Light Rain / Heavy Cloud / Medium Cloud / Light Cloud
Sync to race

Note - the same settings will also be used on Wednesday.

Does anybody tried these settings? I did 30 min. session yesterday but with light rain only. Tires lasted all session, but if rain will last only 1/4 of the race, do we need to change tires to slick?

Does anybody tried these settings? I did 30 min. session yesterday but with light rain only. Tires lasted all session, but if rain will last only 1/4 of the race, do we need to change tires to slick?

When I did a test race, the rain lasted for about 10 minutes - the track was fully wet for about 20 minutes - the AI changed tyres with 7 minutes left and I didn't change tyres.

@Sick Cylinder the PS network is currently having problems. Thought I'd better let you know since the multiplayer side is having problems. Can't get a practice room up and running at the moment.

Thanks for the info IfAndOr. If I can't get a room up I will cancel / postpone.

I can take part in tomorrow’s race (if I am welcomed :) and there is a space)

I am not sure about spaces - best to be online at 20:30 - I will invite you if there appear to be spaces.

I should be back in time to join tonight if there is room.

Sorry - not sure if there is space at the moment - there might be - I will invite you if there appear to be spaces.

I’m having same trouble,
You could always pit and change tyres Joe. You'll probably need to set up a pit strategy to achieve it though since the pit crew sometimes don't change the tyres when it's set to recommended.

I've given up on this evening. The network isn't playing ball for me at all. Have fun if you manage to race.

@Senna94f1 you weren't the only one. Some were having a measure of success but the network was unstable throughout the evening. Sick postponed the race (until next week?).

Yes - the Silverstone GP race has been postponed and will now be held on Monday 10th December.

I’m having same trouble, the wet tyres are getting cooked. Can we have another spell of rain towards the end? Would make for a good finale...

The number of weather slots will be reduced from 4 to 3. This should help the tyres last to the end. We will try this first on Wednesday.

Sorry sick I tried my best to get online but my ps4 was not having none of it ,I went thru unplugging wifi wires and all that crap ,hopefully Wednesday things will be ok .

Yesterday I tried to set up a room, but the console would not let me - every time I tried I got a disconnection message!

Guys - there have been lots of mentions of bikes recently - here is a short clip of my first bike - a Suzuki GT185 Ram Air Twin. Mine was also blue, but had twin (extra loud) Fiamm Horns!

Nice bike, I had 250gt and the very long 500 and of course my fav bike x7 with b reeds and k+n,s with microns ,I tried to copy some guy who had bored his x7 out to Max's with to ts125 Pistons ,stove enamel Frame, back in the day here were plenty of places to get stuff rechromed aswell lol,

What does =am car change mean ,or I am still using the group 5 Bmw . At silverstone gp , I take its rain but 3x weather slots same as morning,,
I will try my best to get back home tonight sick , got a boring job to price ,around 6pm as its when the customer gets home from his office job,

Never mind me I think to customer ,ived been at work all day and I want to be back home myself at 6pm , not looking at his job hahaha, 60%of these jobs I don't even get ,

Last edited:
Since I didn't complete the group B race due to lack of practice in the wet conditions I thought I'd better put a few laps on the group A BMW. I've done about eight 30 minute races, plus a few part races! Mainly with success since the A's are a bit easier to control.

Aquaplaning advice.
The back straight that goes under the Silverstone bridge is the main problem area. The corner that leads onto it needs to be taken wide or on the inside since there is a puddle in the middle which will throw the rear out. The corner on the end of the straight needs to be taken in the middle or outside since water remains on the inside. The straight itself is best taken by driving in the middle since this give you some left and right leeway if your car twitches.
There are a few other areas that can affect the car but they are more predictable than the straight.
High gear and a reduced (or no) throttle helps with the puddles.

One thing I did find during my lengthy testing was some time and weather settings that make Silverstone more interesting. They also don't wet the surface too much while maintaining the tyre wear via a cooler track and cloud cover.

Set the date to 1/11/2018
Session start time 14:00
Time progression 5X
Weather slots 4
Light Rain / Hazy / Medium Cloud / Fog (the fog works well)
Weather progression 15X

If you want to run with these @Sick Cylinder they produce a really atmospheric late autumnal race with a lovely light show. They bring a whole new look to Silverstone! The lessened aquaplaning is only a problem in the second half of the race, not all through.

The 4wd cars should have an edge if they don't wear their tyres out. Although the BMW has a trick up its sleeve. The lively Ford will need reigning in. Pun intended.

Set the date to 1/11/1991
Session start time 14:00
Time progression 5X
Weather slots 4
Light Rain / Hazy / Medium Cloud / Fog (the fog works well)
Weather progression 15X

If you want to run with these @Sick Cylinder they produce a really atmospheric late autumnal race with a lovely light show. They bring a whole new look to Silverstone! The lessened aquaplaning is only a problem in the second half of the race, not all through.

Magnificent! Great Job!

We will be using the above settings by @IfAndOr (note amendment to 1991 to match the cars instead of 2018).

My T300 is kiling me. Tried to do two 30 min races today and both times I had troubles: 1 time I got controler disconection issue, during second 7 min to go gas pedal stoped to work. This one was new to me. Restarded race but problem didn't gone, reconected usb usb cable of the wheel and gas pedal worked again.
So, T300 is a crap for sure, more races I had problem than didn't have.
This is one of the reasons I play only one day a week.

The T300 is a great wheel but the reliability does seem to be a bit of a gamble. It put me off them when I was looking at a PS4 compatible wheel.
It does sound like a loose connection somewhere Napalm. :guilty: Maybe try a different port on the PS4?

Magnificent! Great Job!
Oh, right! Glad you liked them. It does help a bland Silverstone.

You know me, I'm a bit OCD when I start to get into the various settings. :) I was actually trying the 5th Nov. to see if SMS had included fireworks. I never saw any. I shouldn't think that the year has much effect, the sun was still rising and setting in 1991.

Back