• 679 comments
Final Entry
IMG_1078.jpg

Trumpetman

Canon EOS600D / Rebel T3i
Canon 24-70mm L f4 IS @57mm
F4.0 - 1/80th sec - ISO200
Edit:
YES! YES! YES! Mijn Picture got selecteerd voor the "Daily Dozen" on National Geographic!!!

https://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/2018-03-22/

Last edited:
Final Entry

warrior - veteran

March 16th, 2018
Canon PowerShot S3 IS | Full auto
f/3.2 - 1/25 sec - iso 233 - 12.6 mm

His 45 year multiple sclerosis battle has left my older brother, John, ravaged, crippled and debilitated.
A stubborn temperament keeps his fight tenacious and dogged but his foe is ultimately invincible!
Sadly, I am powerless to remedy.
:(

To keep momentum

106 - October Theme

Black and White

Do whatever you want as long as it the results shown are in black and white.

I've took the liberty to create a new challenge whilest we wait to see who wins the 105 competition.
The winner of the 105 competition will decide what the theme will be for the 107 competition.

HhdQJ.jpg

The rules are as follows:​

• Entries will accepted until 30th April 23:59 BST
  • Each competition's voting will last for one week. The winner of that round will choose the next theme.
  • All entries must have been taken within the last 6 months and preferably after the announcement of the theme.
  • Entries must be posted in this thread, as a thumbnail no larger than 700px on the longest edge. Full sized images may be as large as you'd like.*
  • You must submit only your own photographs, do not post anyone else's work.
  • Only one photograph per person, marked with Final Entry. You can change your entry, but must remove your current entry first and clearly state that you have posted a new entry.
  • You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.
  • The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Date and Camera used and, if you'd like, the major camera settings - shutter speed, ISO, etc.
  • Titles for entries are encouraged and they will be posted with the image in the poll
  • This thread will be used as a central thread from now on with this post and the title being updated for each new competition, so feel free to subscribe for alerts of new themes as this is where they will be announced.
  • No large composite images are allowed

*While full sized images may be as large as you'd like, you should try to limit them to approximately 1200px to enable viewing the entire image without scrolling. It's much easier to see the full effect of the shot when you can view it all at once and not have to pan.

Current theme:​
Black and White

There are some changes outlined in the rules so please be sure to re-read them and ask any questions you may have.​

Deserted

Nikon D7200 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8G
f1.8 | 1/40 sec | ISO 320

@Murcie_LP640 how do you like your Macro lense? I've been looking to get a decent Macro for a long time now. Trying to find the old Nikkor Macro 60mm f2.8, that, and the Nikkor 105mm f2.5.

Gonna hit the flea market this weekend and see if I find one, if not, then it's off to eBay :P

Last edited:
Murcie_LP640 how do you like your Macro lense? I've been looking to get a decent Macro for a long time now. Trying to find the old Nikkor Macro 60mm f2.8, that, and the Nikkor 105mm f2.5.

Gonna hit the flea market this weekend and see if I find one, if not, then it's off to eBay :P

I love it, the Tokina was regarded as one of the best Macros at any price and I can certainly see why, but I will say that I don't really have any benchmarks to compare it to from personal experience.

The amount of detail it offers is outstanding.

107 - June Theme
Open theme chosen by 105 winnen @ProjectWHaT

To boost participation shoot what you want and share with us

HhdQJ.jpg

The rules are as follows:
  • Entries will accepted until 30th June 23:59 BST
  • Each competition's voting will last for one week. The winner of that round will choose the next theme.​
  • All entries must have been taken within the last 6 months and preferably after the announcement of the theme.​
  • Entries must be posted in this thread, as a thumbnail no larger than 700px on the longest edge. Full sized images may be as large as you'd like.*​
  • You must submit only your own photographs, do not post anyone else's work.​
  • Only one photograph per person, marked with Final Entry. You can change your entry, but must remove your current entry first and clearly state that you have posted a new entry.​
  • You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.​
  • The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Date and Camera used and, if you'd like, the major camera settings - shutter speed, ISO, etc.​
  • Titles for entries are encouraged and they will be posted with the image in the poll​
  • This thread will be used as a central thread from now on with this post and the title being updated for each new competition, so feel free to subscribe for alerts of new themes as this is where they will be announced.​
  • No large composite images are allowed​

*While full sized images may be as large as you'd like, you should try to limit them to approximately 1200px to enable viewing the entire image without scrolling. It's much easier to see the full effect of the shot when you can view it all at once and not have to pan.

Current theme:​
Open Theme

Back