Monthly TT challenge: PC: Audi R18 E tron @ Paul Ricard BlancpainPC 

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 66 comments
:dunce:

upload_2017-1-13_17-48-38.png

At least it looks pretty!

20170113174331_1.jpg

Great combo! But trying to drive that Maserati at speed... :scared:. Yup, I'm not man enough.
It's not that scary once you setup the car a bit to your liking, then it becomes pure joy using it's natural tendency to oversteer in those left/ right sections through the jungle.

Good chance I'll win this one too :dopey:
When's the deadline? Tried it for 1 lap last night, first time on the track. Gave it 12laps tonight so far, and can see where 2+ more sec could be gained, probably not by me though.

I changed the gearing to not top out on the straight, and ran cheater settings of no tire/fuel usage w/ 2L in the tank, 0% damage (very useful while learning this track :lol:).

First time using the free version of Content Manager as well. Looks like I owe that guy a donation. :bowdown:

Attachments

• 6cyl.PNG
    6cyl.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 21
When's the deadline? Tried it for 1 lap last night, first time on the track. Gave it 12laps tonight so far, and can see where 2+ more sec could be gained, probably not by me though.

I changed the gearing to not top out on the straight, and ran cheater settings of no tire/fuel usage w/ 2L in the tank, 0% damage (very useful while learning this track :lol:).

First time using the free version of Content Manager as well. Looks like I owe that guy a donation. :bowdown:
Nice one 👍
The challenge runs until March, first week I have to come up with a new combo. I guess I'll go for something less intimidating this time :D.

Content manager is fantastic, loads 3 times as fast and there's a whole bunch of additional tools. I donated some beers to the dude also, quality work like this deserves recognition.

I love this combo!
I wish I had come across this thread earlier. Any excuse to drive the Maserati 250 is a great time for me!

I finally figured out how to download a track!
this is my first result after figuring out where the track goes, I still need more time to be completely comfortable with it. So my first attempt with a completely stock tune was 2:25.123 - good enough for the world record on the rsr timing app!
I'll drop some fuel and adjust the gearing because there's still quite a bit of time to gain.

IMG_1853.JPG

Edit:

I have run out of time for now, but after dropping the fuel to 6L and upping the gearing a little bit, and learning the track better, I was able to get down to 2:21.836
IMG_1855.JPG

Last edited:
I found a bit more time - 2:19.955
I might be getting near the limit now, I think a 2:18 might be possible, but I'll need to learn the course perfectly and nail all the corners.
I'm currently trying to upload my lap to YouTube but I have painfully slow upload speeds....
IMG_1856.JPG

Lol, don't be! I'm no good with fast cars that have downforce and traction control! It's a totally different driving style and they don't really mix that well, it's hard to be fast in both types of cars.

The biggest thing with this car is just to remember that slow is fast!
Sliding sideways isn't quick and driving straight feels very slow, but it's not.
Steering with the throttle is also a big help.

I guessing that it's gonna be another couple of hours before my four minute vid is uploaded so you can see what I'm talking about.

Wow, it took about 2+ hours per minute of video to upload, anyways here it is.

its a little cropped compared to what i actually see in the rift, but you can see my pedals graph and youll notice that i do a lot of two foot driving. left foot on brakes and right on the gas to keep the rear wheels from locking. try not to downshift until it feels like your gonna stall, thats the only way not to lock up the rear end unless you use both feet.

pay attention to the weight transfer, as it has a big effect on traction. when you're on the gas the front wheels will understeer quite a bit, but if you let up just a bit the tires will grab and turn.

on corner exit, pretend there is a rubber ball under the throttle pedal, you have to gently squeeze it to feed in the power, its not an on/off switch. its quite easy to overwhelm the rear tires and sliding is slow, so is spinning the tires to much. it feels slower to drive this way but the clock says its faster.

im also on the pc version which i think is a little bit faster than the ps4 version. i think the pc is on a different tire model or something...

I put in a good 2hrs last night and had quite a bit of fun pretending I was Fangio. :dopey: On the 5th lap I got a 2:25.8 with a lucky drift around the first hairpin, but also 4 wheels off at one point. Same session, after dying about 20 times over the main-straight JUMP, I later got a 2:25.3, even though I braked late and crashed into the armco at the first hairpin. :odd: The lap wasn't red-flagged. I didn't capture evidence of the laptimes, since they were both dirty.

I put in a good 2hrs last night and had quite a bit of fun pretending I was Fangio. :dopey: On the 5th lap I got a 2:25.8 with a lucky drift around the first hairpin, but also 4 wheels off at one point. Same session, after dying about 20 times over the main-straight JUMP, I later got a 2:25.3, even though I braked late and crashed into the armco at the first hairpin. :odd: The lap wasn't red-flagged. I didn't capture evidence of the laptimes, since they were both dirty.
Tell me about it, I kept on missing first gear entering the hairpin and getting all fours next to the track at turn 1. No Mary Jane neither to calm me down :mad:

20170308193444_1.jpg

First off, what an awesome track this is!

Second, what a pig this car is! :lol:

I really don't think I'll be able to do any better than this. I barely got it into the 13s and ran in the 12s only once. My only advice to others is to drive it like you hate it. 1:12:794.

244210_20170521213550_1.png

My best so far after a few laps is a 1:44.295. I've always struggled with not being sloppy here so it can definitely be improved. GL all.. it's a crazy one :)

Back