Monthly TT challenge: PS4/XB1/ PC: Mazda 787b @ Highlands

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 226 comments
I thought the console folk would have been all over this during December. Car must scare them a bit i guess? đź’ˇ

Just had a go on PS4 here , but in the setup you can't change the aero downforce like on pc ,
Another point could be a issue I'm not sure ..... but my steering rotation with the T300 RS takes a long time before I can steer the wheel in to the corners , this can be because it stands on 900° and perhaps for this car it needs 1080° ?

Last edited:
Just had a go on PS4 here , but in the setup you can't change the aero downforce like on pc , secondly you can't change the boost power like on pc .
Another point could be a issue I'm not sure ..... but my steering rotation with the T300 RS takes a long time before I can steer the wheel in to the corners , this can be because it stands on 900° and perhaps for this car it needs 1080° ?
We have rear downforce and a gurney flap. You sure you don't have aero settings? Boost i think you can also alter but i'm not sure, better ask someone that also is on PS4.

And about steering rotation, the game should auto adjust that for you according to the car that you pick. But if you say you have to turn that far for it to take the corner something is definetly off with your steering settings.

We have rear downforce and a gurney flap. You sure you don't have aero settings? Boost i think you can also alter but i'm not sure, better ask someone that also is on PS4.

And about steering rotation, the game should auto adjust that for you according to the car that you pick. But if you say you have to turn that far for it to take the corner something is definetly off with your steering settings.
About the Boost this problem has been solved and steering wheel to , but there is no possibility to change front or rear wing downforce on PS4 .

First attempt what a beast .
PS4 :
T300 RS Thrustmaster
Laptime : 1:19.303
Silverstone 67 Porsche 917 30 Spyder.jpg

Here a picture where you can see that on PS4 it is not possible to change the aero wings on this car .

No aero wings.jpg

Nice one! Aero settings missing is a bug then, was this mentioned on the official forum already? If not better do so.

Ewwww! :yuck: I concur with Mister Dog! You need those Aero options with that vehicle. WTF? How does that get over-looked? :rolleyes:

Ewwww! :yuck: I concur with Mister Dog! You need those Aero options with that vehicle. WTF? How does that get over-looked? :rolleyes:
It is possible to drive but you've got to have a BIG knife between your teeth(or if you prefer .... tits:dopey:) to concur that car in this way .
I've seen many walls today :boggled::crazy:

INVALID TIME

Somehow the RSR Theoretical Best Lap is a 2:09 but I can't see how I'm losing that much time :lol:

Attachments

• Monza_27_8.png
    Monza_27_8.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 27_8.zip
    355 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
Take a look at the Sector 3 time of the overall leader. Now look at the other people running 19 seconds faster!! Now look at which versions each person is driving on. Did they change the sector markers? We know tire changes from 1.8 to 1.11 exist...but not 19 seconds faster than the record holder.

Take a look at the Sector 3 time of the overall leader. Now look at the other people running 19 seconds faster!! Now look at which versions each person is driving on. Did they change the sector markers? We know tire changes from 1.8 to 1.11 exist...but not 19 seconds faster than the record holder.
Yeah somethings off there.

Yeah somethings off there.
Don't they usually reset the Leader Board each time there is an update to the physics/tire model? You can tell that some people get all cranky about that. No one wants to see their Top 10 performance tossed away, but it needs to be. No wonder participation is dropping. I've never even bothered setting it up on my system. I just check the last place time and put my name underneath that person. :P :embarrassed: :banghead:

OK, that makes more sense.

Don't they usually reset the Leader Board each time there is an update to the physics/tire model? You can tell that some people get all cranky about that. No one wants to see their Top 10 performance tossed away, but it needs to be. No wonder participation is dropping. I've never even bothered setting it up on my system. I just check the last place time and put my name underneath that person. :P :embarrassed: :banghead:
Personal I think they should rest the times after every update that has any effect on the physics side. I think if you can set a WR once then what is doing it again? Also everyone gets a rest so it's fair.

Monza_26_9.png

My last time wasn't set with the right temp settings so this is my first "legal" time, 2:26.918. It was set on the first lap so I gave up a lot before the first corner. Still haven't put together a lap that feels good and I didn't miss a few apexs.

Personal I think they should rest the times after every update that has any effect on the physics side. I think if you can set a WR once then what is doing it again? Also everyone gets a rest so it's fair.
Absolutely, positively the only correct decision. Anyone who tries to disagree should be in a mental institution. And not even one that's covered by insurance. They should be handed a huge bill to pay for their treatment in getting their brains put back together properly. :D

Here you go. The bottom part for the gap of everyone's lap times is now defined. :D

C9BAN3R.jpg

Actually, this is not that bad a time, considering that:

- this was based on literally 10 laps;
- it was my first time with both the car and the track;
- I'm still getting to grips with using a clutch pedal + H-shifter (third time using them). The good news is that this part is definitely getting better, otherwise I'd be all over the place with this combo.

Also, there's the thing with the track temperature, which we still don't have control over at the consoles.

Slight improvement, down to a 2:26.485 ( many, many, restarts ). It seems the 2nd or 3rd laps are the fastest so I have lowered the fuel level so it runs out of juice just after lap 3. I don't think it is worth much but anything helps. I need to play with the dampers to try and get a bit more low speed front grip.

Monza_26_5.png

Haha yea. Sorry I've missed some, I've just stared out in iRacing and it consumes you...

Here's my first attempt this round:

Capture.png

GT40 is a great car, never got a chance to drive it much until now đź‘Ť

VR must be awesome in this game.

How the ever loving crap do you guys handle this monster?! I'm reading all of these posts on the Official Forums, "Oh...the GT40 is a delight with TM10..." Well la-di-friggin-da for them! I'm facing backwards more than I am forwards in this thing. I know some people have given me their opinion that the base setup sucks balls, but when your setup skills are even worse... :mad: I'm not bad with this GT40 when I'm going in a straight line. It's when I have to turn the wheel or press on the brake pedal that I get screwed up. ;) :lol:

How the ever loving crap do you guys handle this monster?! I'm reading all of these posts on the Official Forums, "Oh...the GT40 is a delight with TM10..." Well la-di-friggin-da for them! I'm facing backwards more than I am forwards in this thing. I know some people have given me their opinion that the base setup sucks balls, but when your setup skills are even worse... :mad: I'm not bad with this GT40 when I'm going in a straight line. It's when I have to turn the wheel or press on the brake pedal that I get screwed up. ;) :lol:
Did you try it with this particular combo already? I didn't even work on the setup yet, car feels very much 'at home' there to me.

Wow this looks like a serious challenge! I'm inside some Nordic ruin in Hjaalmarch, Skyrim at the moment, but as soon as I'm out I'll take this on.

Did you try it with this particular combo already? I didn't even work on the setup yet, car feels very much 'at home' there to me.
Actually, I haven't. Without trying it yet, I have a feeling it might be a perfect track for that wild beast. Pretty much entirely flat, beside those bumpy, scary as heck sweepers.

So, Monza 1966 is probably the safest playground for the Ford GT40.

Are you using a wheel or controller? I have found this car to be great 99% but it really is difficult to trailbrake with. Try and get as much of the heavy braking done is a straight line let it roll into the corner a bit and balance with throttle. I'm running almost the stock setup. I shortened the gears one click and removed fuel so I can run about 3 laps till empty.

Are you using a wheel or controller? I have found this car to be great 99% but it really is difficult to trailbrake with. Try and get as much of the heavy braking done is a straight line let it roll into the corner a bit and balance with throttle. I'm running almost the stock setup. I shortened the gears one click and removed fuel so I can run about 3 laps till empty.
I'm on a wheel. I wouldn't play if I didn't have a wheel.

The GT40 isn't bad on Monza 1966. I just took it for a quick 3 lap rip. When the GT40 was upgraded to TM10, I took it out immediately that day to test it out...I chose Silverstone GP. I will admit that I think I'm over-driving the car a little bit...at least for my skill level. The car is deceptively fast. Still, I just kept spinning and spinning. Of course, I could have really backed off and had clean lap after clean app. You're so right about getting the braking done before turn-in.

I've always been curious about that Engine Limiter and cranking it to 11. What happens if you have damage set to 100%? I normally drive with Damage at 10% - just enough so I can see what I would have damaged, but not enough that I have to quit back to the pits and start over during a practice session. With Damage set to 100% do you start seeing the engine damage indicator quickly if you set Engine Limiter past 100%? Or can you get away with 101% or 102% and keep your foot to the floor?

Back