Monthly TT challenge: PS4/XB1/ PC: Mazda 787b @ Highlands

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 226 comments
I finally managed to complete a few laps and since I was aiming for a 2:30ish time I actually got it.

2:30.644
Stock setup PS4 t500

IMG_1736.JPG

I'm gonna have a go with the setup that was suggested by @carracerptp and see if I can better my time.

I can make/post videos now so this is my best lap so far, sorry about the camera jumping around, I was looking at my ghost.

:bowdown: Very nice driving. One thing that scares me about that car is how I sometimes forget I'm on a right-wheel driving car. :lol: I'm watching your video on pins & needles like, "oooooh!! Don't hit....ooooh he's gonna clip the rail!!!" but you never did. You held that line very nicely.

Something I never thought of until just now. This circuit must be very boring for people with controllers. No ffb while ripping around Sopraelevata (North & South). I've taken some very forceful hits from hitting a couple of bumps at just the right (wrong?!) angle. Scares the crap out of you...

First attempt:

230.7%20Monza%20GT40_zpshqjbz37f.png

Plenty of time, I feel pretty bad out of second lesmos and not really consistent at braking for parabolica.

The banking is most fun!

Edit: I grabbed the tune so kindly posted by @carracerptp

229.7%20Monza%20GT40_zpsciigdieq.png

The gearing feels better, also felt I got a better drive out of lesmos 2 and parabolica. Parabolica is "the" corner on this track, the bankings and run down to turn 1 is flat, you carry so much speed.

It's a pretty frustrating combo, as there's 3 braking zones in a 150 seconds of driving, if you mess one up...:D

Last edited:
I'll kick things off with my usual 10-lap try at it, from last night.

Yc6XzTR.png

Video here.

As you can see, there's plenty of room for improvements - even for me - especially in the first half of the track.

Oh yeah, I forgot about tweaking the engine limiter. Turns out the tune I downloaded and used for my time set it to 101%. Now I'm tempted to see what can be done with it at max... though not sure if I need that much stress in my life right now :lol:

I had a bit of free time to give it a go.
Great little combo, the car is very rewarding to drive fast around Magione.
1:39.690 PC - T300RS/TH8A
170311054232372131.jpg

Too bad I had to stop on the fourth lap after a little accident, the poor thing couldn't handle my horrible driving :D :
170311054253217114.png

I will try to do the next combos, it's great fun. 👍

Latest Posts

Back