More Free Cars on the Way for Forza Motorsport 7; Car Pass Gets Extended

Small correction @Joey D, only one car will be a repeat, the other 2 will be new to the specialty dealer. :sly:

Specialty Dealer Updates
The Forza Motorsport 7 Specialty Dealer will undergo some changes next week. We will have three cars in the Specialty Dealer each but, starting next week, two of those cars will be completely new to the vendor. The majority of these exclusive cars have been given away in other events, but all of the new cars will be ones that have never appeared in Specialty Dealer before, so this will be a great chance to gain access to exclusive cars you might have missed the first time around.[./quote]

Extending the car pass two extra months and adding the Hoonigan pack is a great gesture and is appreciated by me. Hopefully these next car packs are epic!! Two cars that I hope they add to the game are the 1982 Delorean DMC12 and 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6). I’m glad Turn 10 has listened to our complaints and has started fixing/improving the Specialty Dealership. That’s really good news.

Small correction @Joey D, only one car will be a repeat, the other 2 will be new to the specialty dealer. :sly:
Well 2 entirely new cars and one old car is even better news. Looks I’ll be back to checking the Specialty Dealership every Tuesday again.

Well, that is very good news. Might fire the game up again. Although it's just hopeful wishing, I hope they would add Blueprint to Free Play.

Awesome news. Lol well I didn’t need to buy a digital version (pre odered ultimate physical) for hoonigan pack lol on sale$$$, o well don’t have to put a disc in so that’s good I guess hahaha.

And some say T10 is a greedy developer. Awesome news!

Every business wants money...

FM7 launched with like three or four cars new to Forza. The not so exciting launch may have contributed to underwhelming sales, so Turn 10 probably came to the conclusion that they would be better off making the Ultimate Edition more attractive to late newcomers as opposed to charging for every pack released beyond the pass. To me it looks like they're basically hoping to provoke a small spike in Ultimate Edition sales by reaching out to those still on the fence, which may have been more players than usual.

The decision also helps to maintain the loyalty of existing players. It was beginning to look like everyone was ready to leave Forza Motorsport behind, but these forthcoming cars at no extra charge and the revived Specialty Dealer should restore some faith. In other words, it was necessary to put the greed aside for a second.

Last edited:
Legacy of delinquency and incompetence

That's ultimately the thing here. What Fred is saying - and I agree with him completely - is that T10 has managed to basically get into the dog house for many valid reasons, yet we see with both Slightly Mad and Polyphony, they they generally get the benefit of the doubt, and I truly believe that SMS and PD have done worse things then what T10 has been doing now. Are we forgetting that SMS games going back to NFS SHIFT have been buggy messes at the best of times, and often times with actively hostile controller support, something that they seemingly get away with every time because it's sim racing, and you're expected to have a full racing set up, forgetting that some of us do not have the money or space to do so? Or how PD has essentially pushed out three subpar or eh games in a row, and have become a stick in the mud when it comes to the everchanging tides in the sim racing space?

Granted, I expect nothing less - this is a GT fan forum first, after all - but still, how PD has essentially gotten a free pass for instituting an absolutely bonkers form of online only, with server based saves to boot, and pushing out free updates that they only made free because the vast majority of content you got in GT6, only uprezzed for 4K. How is that any different from T10 basically reaching a fever pitch by saying **** you to the fans, and stumbling into rakes consistently like Sideshow Bob? If anything, the same venom applied to T10 should be applied to PD IMO.

Granted, I expect nothing less - this is a GT fan forum first, after all - but still, how PD has essentially gotten a free pass for instituting an absolutely bonkers form of online only, with server based saves to boot, and pushing out free updates that they only made free because the vast majority of content you got in GT6, only uprezzed for 4K. How is that any different from T10 basically reaching a fever pitch by saying **** you to the fans, and stumbling into rakes consistently like Sideshow Bob? If anything, the same venom applied to T10 should be applied to PD IMO.
Have you read the GT Sport forum? There is a lot of negativity in there. The zealots try to snuff it out quickly, but the dissatisfaction is there. And the poor sales of GT Sport reflect that imho. Online only saves is madness. As this is a game aimed mainly at online racing, which you need a subscription to do, with so little content, no way should that have been a full price game. They make the money from the subscriptions. It would be interesting to know the percentage of online racers versus game sales. I for one never have, and never will race online.

Anyway, back to Forza. Free stuff should always be applauded regardless of the reason.

When I was a kid, my mother used to tell me "if you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything". As a result, I won't talk about SMS.

I personally think a lot of the flack T10 has been getting since launch comes from the fact no one actually expected them to crap the bed this bad. While FM7 was still not quite SMS/Ubisoft levels of terrible during the first weeks of its life, it still was a massive disapointment considering T10's track record, and considering it followed in FM6 and FH3's footsteps. Thankfully they've fixed most of the major issues now, and it looks like they will keep on doing so. I still maintain it's the best game in the franchise when it comes to driving and driving only.

And while we could see it as a bit of damage control indeed, don't forget that T10 has given us free stuff in every game since FM2.

And while we could see it as a bit of damage control indeed, don't forget that T10 has given us free stuff in every game since FM2.

This is not the first time they have extended the car pass either... Although IIRC the only time they did was back in the FM5 days. Is two extra DLC the equivalent of a fruit basket with a card saying "we am sorry for disappointing you" from T10? :lol:

Please give us cars that are relevant to the title... please.

June pack featuring 5 compact sedans and 1 outdated race car

Nothing juicy in this WIR which means for the whole month of May all we got was the new Civic type R....what a let down and waste of a month to be honest. Let's hope June provides us with some fresh cars for once.

Back