More info about GT4 Mobile...

• Thread starter Zap_UK
  • 35 comments
Here's the info that I have managed to collect from around the web. It appears the game will pretty much be a direct port of the PS2 version - only handheld!

Less Cars and Tracks
There will be a few less cars and tracks available. :( However there will be extra ones that aren't in the PS2 version to compensate. :)

Multiplayer
There will be a multiplayer mode in the form of the PSP wireless support. So 4+ people with a PSP and GT4 Mobile in the same vicinity will be able to play against each other. No news as to whether internet play will be supported via the PSPs' yet to released internet gaming architecture. Needless to say that would be very cool.

Graphics
Graphics will not be quite on par with the PS2 version, a little less scenery, a few less polys. Personally I don't think this should be very noticable considering the PSP obviously has quite a small screen compared to a regular TV. Also, only 4 cars will race and not 6 as in the PS2 version.

Photomode
Photomode will be available in the PSP as it is on the PS2. The images will be in a higher resolution than normal as with the PS2 version. (I don't know what this higher resolution will be yet though). You'll also be able to save your pictures on a memory stick, which can then be copied to your PC.

There are some screen shots and a couple of video clips available at IGN and Gamespot . Most of the info above I gleaned from the PSXExtreme website.

Does anyone actually have a PSP yet? They're not out until June here in Europe. To anyone that's got one, can you see the PSP being able to do GT4 justice?

Control will be iffy, pretty close to a PS2 controller... no sensitivity on the buttons though... the graphics and speed should be fine. PSP has pretty amazing graphics... vs any console, let alone handhelds.

Load times would be the only thing I am concerned about. They seem a lot longer than on PS2 with the same game... i.e. Tiger Woods.

Ardent_Psyclone
I have a PSP and if the graphics of GT4M are on par with Wipeout Pure then there is nothing to worry about.
Do you find the analoge stick (pad :confused: ) annoying? This is because a few reviews had said it's in a funny position. I will be using it for GT4: Mobile.

Is it asumed that both GT and arcade mode will be available? If the game has a GT mode as large the ps2 version I may buy a psp for this game alone.

^^^ I hate that joystick, it is just too weak. It is basically just a dime glued on to the front of the PSP, all i know is that it doesn't work at all when I got NFSU. I mean it works in that it is compatible but Im sure you understand.

ofcourse not.

They will remove the cars wher there are only one from,how can they remove Skylines if they wanna sell it in Japan? :/

Once I moved to the DFP, I don't think I could go back to analog stick. If PSP has a USB, I could hook up the DFP but I suppose that would ruin the portability aspect... I may as well just lug around a PS2 which will have more cars and tracks.

godzilla_GTR
imagine if they removed the nurb becouse it was to big or something?:(

impossible. the 'ring was too big for the ps2 to handle. I read somewhere that the track is "streamed", meaning only portions of it are loaded at a time, so it doesnt take so much memory. perfect i think, should work on the psp flawlessly
:)

I picked up my PSP the other day. This is PP 2nd chance at GT4 in bring my dreams to the table
which the failed last time with NO GARAGE CARS on LAN. I REALLY HOPE, that pp finialy listened
to it's fans and made this at LEAST possible on the PSP. ****, I'd give up the ring for the ability
to use my own cars in multiplayer. That's a nifty feature that they bumped up the graphics
in photomode. Probably be more worth my wild now when I'm bored.

Like I said before...

1. PLEASE PLEASE Let us be able to use Garage cars against one another in Wi-Fi
2. Let us be able to take our saved game from Ps2 version and continue it on the psp.

I heard the 2nd one was going to happen, so hopefully it will.

core_drifter
i heard that it might be cancelled =(

Okay, where did you hear that? I've heard nothing but silence from Polyphony digital since GT4 was released in all territories.

E3 should have some big GT4 news (I hope) so keep May 12-25 on your calendar...

Knowing their record, they'll probably announce GT4 Mobile will be released mid-2006, then claim that it's not a delay since they never had an official release date to begin with. I'm learning :rolleyes:

no, i really don't want it to be cancel
i bought my PSP already, and one of the reason I bought my PSP is it will have Gran Turismo..
and they used GT4 mobile to promote PSP last year, I really don't think they will cancel it

Wouldn't it be great if you could use a PS2 wireless controller (or USB) for GT4 with the PSP??? I have a feeling I am NOT gonna like the PSP's controls with GT4......

Back