Most of my videos lock up when I use the "progress bar"

Hi guys, here's my problem that's making me angry for ages :ouch:

If I watch a video in Media Player, Media Player Classic or DivX Player (or almost any player) if say I'm at 1:00 and want to get to 2:53, when I click that bar at the base of the screen (please excuse my english), I don't know how it's called, maybe progress bar, the whole video stops, the sound keeps going, and completely messes up........

This way I have to watch all videos from nose to tail :guilty:

Strangely, the longer videos work fine (say......longer than an hour....)

Hopefully you can give me some tips, I would be thankful ;-)

Thanks a lot,
Vlad

PS: I also tried Div-X anti-freeze, but it didn't work :guilty:

If you have a codec pack installed, please remove it and install it again.
Could be that the codecs are messed up.

If you have a codec pack installed, please remove it and install it again.
Could be that the codecs are messed up.

Thanks for the tip, tried some codec packs already.......I thought that the DivX was one of the better ones, or am I wrong ? Can you recommend me one ? Allthough this might not solve the problem....anyway....

Thanks anyway 👍:)

CCCP 👍
Combined Community Codec Pack

The codecs didn't make any difference, BUT the media player classic version included in the CCCP worked like a dream (well.....most of the times )

If I can solve my last issue, the whole problem is solved. Is it possible to automatically open the movies in full screen (I mean maximised, not the whole full screen) ?? I looked around but seemed I missed it !

Thanks a lot for the help . It seems my viewers are playing around with me :crazy:

How long do you wait each time.

This sometimes happens to me but after 10-15 seconds, the picture comes back.

For example I'm at 4:20 .......and when I click say to go to aprox. 5:40 or anything, the picture stops, the sound goes away for 1-5 seconds, and then the sound returns....the picture doesn't change, not even after a longer time :-(

I'll bet you're playing .WMV files when this happens -- the same thing happens to me all the time. That file format is garbage.

Back