Most powerful front wheel drive car?

• Thread starter Rev It Up
  • 38 comments
260HP, most powerful ??? Kinding right ???

An EG Civic gets about 330 HP when turboed, as an Acura Integra Type R gets about 300HP just with internals and exhaust. The Dodge SRT-4 gets 400 HP easily, which is one of the most powerful FF cars in GT4. But THE MOST powerful FF is hard to say, there is so much...

:) thanks. Lets keep on topic though, altho nothing really to talk about. Come to my 'rate the sig' thread, give me a good rating! In the rumble strip. Anyway on topic or PM me, I dont wanna get banned again for creating yet another random tangent.

The Mazdaspeed 6 is NOT FF. It's AWD.

The most powerful stock front wheel drive cars are the Acura CL (260hp), the Volvo S60 T5 (250hp) and the Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (247hp) , in that order... but in order of quickness, that list is reversed, due to the weight of the other two.

Following that are the Alfa Romeo GT (237hp) and the Ford Taurus SHO (238hp). The GT is as quick or quicker than the 147 (depends on the curviness of the track. The SHO is very slow, hampered by a 4-speed AT and soft suspension... nice modifier, though.

But if we're talking power to weight ratio, the Ford Focus RS has the best, and is easily the fastest FF, stock.

The most powerful modified FF car is the Dodge SRT4, which can produce over 511 hp.

Cheers.

Try entering the Mazda 6 MPS in the FWD cup. It wont let you in. It wont let you in the 4WD cup either. Note that there is no drivetrain specified in the spec sheet.
In real life it is AWD with the rear wheels getting on demand power.
It has a 2.3 litre turbo engine with 6 speed manual.Quoted power for Australia is 180 kw.

Rogue Ssv
*gasp*
Famine... made a... mistake?!
*mouth drops*
*needle scratches*
*glass shatters*
Then yes its the CL Type S

I am quoting real life car.
In game I dont think PD had much idea.
Maybe Famine drove it and concluded it was a front driver.
Maybe it shows as FWD in arcade mode?
He does a pretty good job of getting infomation right most times.

If you sort your garage by drive type, what does it come up as?
I will have a check tonight.

Dunno I dont have GT4. :(:(:(:(........:banghead:
No games at all. Anyway Famine also made 2 other typos, one saying FFR4 instead of FR and the other 6MR2 instead of MR

And I repeat:

The Mazdaspeed 6 (or Mazda 6 MPS) is NOT FF. It's AWD. It's listed as AWD in the garage. It acts like an AWD, drives like one, and is one in real life. Must be a typo.

-----

Again:

The most powerful stock front wheel drive road cars are the:

Acura CL Type S (260hp) - slow on track, massive snap-oversteer, heavy
Volvo S60 T5 (250hp) - fast car, good handling
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (247hp) - understeery
Ford Taurus SHO (238hp) - moderately soft suspension, poor gearbox, really bad tires
Alfa Romeo GT (237hp) - bit more balanced than 147, but that's subjective, really

The fastest STOCK FF cars are:

Ford Focus RS (212 quoted, 220 after oil) - just have to learn how to deal with wheelspin
Honda Integra Type R (220 hp or so) - so damn easy to drive
Dodge SRT4 (217 quote, 230+ after oil)* - highest tuneable FF, 511hp

The SRT4 is not faster around corners than the Honda ITR or the Honda CTR. In fact, it's much softer and heavier than the other two. That said, the Hondas have more understeer, that hampers them through some of the longer high speed corners. The Dodge SRT4 is faster than the Integra in a straight line, though.

And no, the SHO doesn't take a corner as quickly as a Civic, despite what you might hope. Still an interesting car, once tuned.

Thats 262 hp. For CL.
Anyway I didnt know MPS stand for Mazdaspeed, cause I knew the MazdaSpeed was AWD. Anyway I dont have any games so couldnt check.

niky
The SRT4 is not faster around corners than the Honda ITR or the Honda CTR. In fact, it's much softer and heavier than the other two. That said, the Hondas have more understeer, that hampers them through some of the longer high speed corners. The Dodge SRT4 is faster than the Integra in a straight line, though.

And no, the SHO doesn't take a corner as quickly as a Civic, despite what you might hope. Still an interesting car, once tuned.
Interesting fact 👍. On my next chance I will force the B spec to drive dodge SRT4 or Taurus SHO against civic or integra and see what happens :).

Mazdaspeed 6 = Mazda 6 MPS

In North America their whole line of cars are Mazdaspeed (Miata, Protege, 3, and 6)

In Asia the line of the same cars is called MPS.

Wolfe2x7
You're all wrong. It's the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06, with 263hp. :lol:

The Trial Celica SS-II '03 is even more powerful, with 279hp, and the Citroen Xsara rally car has 294hp, but the most powerful stock production FF roadcar in GT4 is the Eclipse. ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt4/car_list/get_cars.php?&type=FF&sort=power

Oops... There is that. I keep forgetting about that beast. And it might just be quick enough on track to beat an RS, too.

Shame on me for using the list to check the power of cars I knew, while forgetting to use the sort function... good call, Wolfe. 👍

niky
And I repeat:

The Mazdaspeed 6 (or Mazda 6 MPS) is NOT FF. It's AWD. It's listed as AWD in the garage. It acts like an AWD, drives like one, and is one in real life. Must be a typo.

-----

In the PAL version The Mazda 6 MPS has no indication of drivetrain layout in the garage spec. It is not listed when garage is sorted by FF or 4WD. It's drivetrain type is shown as " _ _ " .

However when fitting the fully variable LSD to it in the settings menu there are adjustments for both the front and rear wheels. So AWD or 4WD.

It cannot be entered into any drivetrain specific race.

Uncle Harry
I am quoting real life car.
In game I dont think PD had much idea.
Maybe Famine drove it and concluded it was a front driver.
Maybe it shows as FWD in arcade mode?
He does a pretty good job of getting infomation right most times.

If you sort your garage by drive type, what does it come up as?
I will have a check tonight.

Apologies...

Yes, the drivetrain type for all cars shows up in Arcade Mode (at least in Time Trial) and the Mazda 6 MPS '05 is indeed 4WD. However... the database at GTRP also lists the car as FF... I may have copied that error.

Rogue Ssv
Anyway Famine also made 2 other typos, one saying FFR4 instead of FR and the other 6MR2 instead of MR

Nope. I have a 44WT (4-speed, 4WD, Turbo+Intercooler), a 6MRt (6-speed, MR, turbo-only), a 5FFt (5-speed, FWD, turbo-only), a 6MRN (6-speed, MR, NA Tuning), a 4FFt (4-speed, FWD, turbo-only), a 5RRt (5-speed, RR, turbo-only) and a 2FRS (2-speed, FR, Supercharger).

That column lists the number of (forward) gears, drive type and peak-power tuning type.

Oh, that explain something, now it makes sense. But I was confused because you only did for like 6 cars, and I didnt get far enough into the explanations at the bottom. Thanks for clearing that up.;)
Love you Famine!!!!
By the way I am quite aware that the MazdaSpeed6 is AWD, I just didnt know what MPS was. :)

I think its the Corolla Rally Car. Rally cars have more power, generally, to squeeze speed out on the dirt.

Famine
And it's 4WD too.

Yep. Most rally cars are 4WD, but the Xsara and the Lancia Stratos, and the older rallies are mostly FR, I think.

Hey how is the '06 Eclipse on the track anyway? Seems like a cool car. :)

Latest Posts

Back