Moto GP

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 2 comments
I don't know why I bought it, considering how little gaming I've been doing of late, but I was out yesterday with some friends and saw MotoGP running as a Demo in Electronics Boutique for the Xbox. It looked cool so I bought it (I had held off on the PS2 game of similar name, but by a different company)
We got back to my house and had a blast playing it.
It's the best motorcycle game I've seen/played since the original Moto Racer. The graphics are great, and it has this awsome tunnel vision effect where everything around you blurrs at high speed except for a very narrow corridor (depending on how fast your moving. It gave it an extremely real look (Especially from the drivers point of view.)
It has Seperate front and rear brakes for added control, and you can lean you driver in different directions for better speed/turning.
You can also do a Wheelie or an Endo (Back over front/ Endo over End) fairly easily with a little practice.
We played 3 player split screen and that was pretty cool, especially since they keep all 20 bikes on the track with you (Something that is getting rarer and rarer, especially on the PS2)
There is nothing more satisfying than knocking your best friend off of his bike, and running over his body as it slides across the pavement :D
Oh... and it has licencsed Motorcycles, and tracks (11 tracks, tons of bikes)
Oh and there are tons of "Hand Signal" exchanges between drivers... if you know what I mean. ;)

motogp_screen023.jpg

Back