Motogp 18 or Valentino Rossi the Game ? or Ride 2 (basic edition?)

• Thread starter widano
  • 20 comments
Egypt
Egypt
Hello. I'm a PS4 gamer, only use controller, wanted a bike game but I'm a beginner, only played bikes in games like Sleeping Dogs and Onrush. MotoGp 18, Valentino Rossi the Game and Ride 2 are each for 3$ at the moment on the psn store. Which one should I get ? Which one is easier ? I don't really care if it's realistic or not, I'm not at all a racing expert, I just want to have mindless fun. Never played a Motogp before. Thank you!

Valentino Rossi: The Game is basically MotoGP 16, with extra Rossi content such as dirt track bike racing and a small amount of (car) rallying. If you're looking for something easy then this fits the bill if you turn the assists on and the AI level down.

I've not played MotoGP 18, it's by the same developer as the Rossi game but its reviews are less good.

It's been a while since I played Ride 2 but it felt harder, you will crash much more. Personally I prefer it to the MotoGP games because it has much more varied content, bikes from different eras and a better track list (Nordschleife and Ulster GP being my favourites - though they don't fit the bill as being "easy"). The real world tracks are good but the fantasy ones are pretty dull, they all feel very similar to one another and the only difference is in the scenery you're flying past. But because of this variety there is more to do, more to mess around with than in the MotoGP games.

So, if you want licenced tracks and riders and the easiest motorcycle game around, get the Valentino Rossi one. If you prefer a bit of variety, get Ride 2.

Thank you ! I found reviews of all these games separately, but no reviews comparing them to each other. I am indeed inclined to get VR the game as it seems more friendly, still one week to decide.

Ride 2 is OK, not too difficult. Just loaded it onto my Series X and it's more enjoyable a riding experience than Ride 3 was on my PS4 - the handling was always so twitchy.

It has a comprehensive array of bikes in the standard edition, from 125cc strokers via retro nakeds to the litre class staples such as Fireblades and R1s.

No question ride2 would be the one for more casual player. Plus has lot street bikes, road courses.
Rossi aka mtgp16 and 18 are much more hardcore.
R2 will look a little old though, depends if you don't mind. But it's a well liked ride game i think.

Also the ai in rossi is non existent, they race in a rigid pack, and you can't race between them, passing them, you need avoid the whole bunch or you will be crashed into.

Ride 2 running on a Series X. It's scaled pretty well and whilst the models are good, perhaps the lighting and material textures are what ages it.

rsz_dab2afdc-2982-42b9-ba19-2182c11b03c9.png

I just bought the Ride 2 special edition for 4.99 on the PS Store. And like OP I just wanted a bike game. I had seen it for awhile and I was curious about it but not at full price. After reading reviews I think this will be fun. I like that it has a good selection of bikes and decent customization

I also think I'll get Ride 2. Have you tried it ? I read several reviews that generally praise the game, but say the AI is "extraordinarily fast" especially at the beginning where your bike is still underpowered and that progession is "painfully slow". But maybe these things have been patched since then.

I haven't had the chance to play it yet I just got it late last night after seeing the special edition on sale. I didn't get a chance to download it. I hoping to try it out later today. I think as along as I can adjust the AI I should be good though

Well I downloaded Ride 2 and all of the DLC. I did the initial race a few times. Best I could do is 6th. I crashed a lot. But it was fun kinda reminded me of Road Rash. There's a learning curve but I like it so far

I will definitely do that . I think once I learn the track and get use to the controls I think I should be okay. By the way what is the best starter bike?

kjb
I will definitely do that . I think once I learn the track and get use to the controls I think I should be okay. By the way what is the best starter bike?

I started out on the 125 2 stroke machines. Yamaha I think. The bit about upgrading the bike can be quite important. It's something I never do in racing games, can't be bothered just want to use stock and race but in this game it can be quite impossible to win without it. Enjoy !

Great so far ! I chose the Honda 125 and raced in the temple track. First attempt got me in 10th position. Then I spent all my credits to improve the bike, raced and finished first ! but I was actually penalized and the game put me 3rd... anyway this is on choosing "very easy" AI, and I used the rewind feature to avoid a few catastrophes. But the game is indeed approachable to newbies who never did any sim racing. Thanks for recommending the game, I hope to get better soon !

I may give a better report in a week or so.

I have to say the crashes are priceless; so funny to see the poor guy sent flying because of my terrible mistakes :D

I upgraded my bike and I finished 16th. I didn't upgrade it right I was very slow on the straights so even when I was crashing I could not keep up. I chose the Suzuki and I think I am going to start over and choose better upgrades. I had fun though and I must say for 4.99 this is an outstanding game! I almost might have paid full price for this... maybe. Actually not really I rarely buy games full price nowadays TBH I believe all of the games I have on my PS5 are either used or bought on sale.

Edit: Just found out it was the Honda and not the Suzuki. Anyway still jacked it up so I am going to start over

Last edited:
Ok, so I've been playing for more than a week now and Ride 2 is really great, the old reviews you find on the web are really unfair. My guess is that perhaps things got fixed since release. The reviews should have been updated.

I currently own 12 bikes, they all feel different. I'm not at all an expert in racing, I only have a controller and mostly played arcade racing (mini)games before. Yet I have a lot of fun with this title. I do keep all assists on so far, it's the kind of riding that I want. With that, the racing is a lot of fun; nothing beats carefully crashing other bikers to take the lead :D I have a lot of gold medals. Money is a bit slow to come; the bikes are expensive to buy and to upgrade. But that's why you have these invitational events every 8 races, where you are offered four times the usual credits plus a free bike. So I'd say progression is well balanced.

There are still tons of content to explore. Some tracks are very challenging, just getting into 3rd position was an exploit. I personally hate the "perfect trajectory" races where you have to avoid traffic cones. But that's probably because I have an arcade mind; I saw a reviewer saying these were his favourite races.

As a negative point, I'd say the game doesn't encourage you to take risks by removing assists and increasing the difficulty. Indeed, the game only rewards you with a very tiny bonus for a significantly harder experience. It would have been more exciting to give greater rewards for brave riders.

Glad you are enjoying it. I am enjoying it as well. Its is a bit grindy and I am think about getting the booster to help ease the grindiness. I think you have to take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. I like to watch gameplay videos so I can see how i t looks and how it potentially plays. I haven't gotten as far but it is fun

Latest Posts

Back