MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
I'd like to start from the beginning.... Motogp 14... If anybody would like to do the same hit me up psn wigs2009
Basically for the online trophy's !
I need help with Valentino Rossi with the 30 onlines wins also lads. Cheers.
I found a boosting partner for Moto Gp 14 and cleared Valentino Rossi 👍

Last edited:
Can't wait! I'm really excited to see how they're optimizing the new graphics engine. Ride 3 was even better than 18, so hoping this builds on that.

And please for the love of all that's holy, get rid of the yellow visor helmet cam tint!

The question isn't if the AI is "smarter" it's more if it's actually aware. That is the biggest issue with Milestone's on road bike games. So if that behavior remains and it "learns" your riding then the game will suck. Might as well just do time trials. Don't understand why with Milestones MXGP and Supercross games the player and AI are actually in the same game. They affect each other. But in their Ride & MotoGP games the is on a rail and generally has no idea that you are on the track.

I wish they'd stop with the gimmicks, recycling of features, and bad ideas and just focus on quality

I hope it's not just going to be the classic riders from 17 + Simoncelli

Eh, I hear'ya. Some people buy FIFA and Madden every year for the updated "roster" and the minute improvements overall to the game. I tend to purchase racing games for that reason (F1, Forza, etc..). I would get MotoGP 19 for the updated rider lineup and the updated liveries on the bikes. Anything over that is icing to me.

I hope Laguna Seca is one of those tracks.

First MotoGP race I got to attend, back in '06 - and the Kentucky Kid won that race and the Championship that year. It was so hot that day, they were flying in bottled water by helicopter and giving it away. I had heard from several locals at the track that the temps were in the 105-108*F range. :eek:

If Milestone can even just fix the FR stutter, and the online bit, then I'd be happy. 👍

First MotoGP race I got to attend, back in '06 - and the Kentucky Kid won that race and the Championship that year. It was so hot that day, they were flying in bottled water by helicopter and giving it away. I had heard from several locals at the track that the temps were in the 105-108*F range. :eek:

If Milestone can even just fix the FR stutter, and the online bit, then I'd be happy. 👍
That'd be amazing to see firsthand. I can imagine it was very difficult to race in those conditions too.

I go to Road America for the IMSA/American LeMans race every year, some years it's damn hot, 90-100.

And er185es- thank you! Those were the 3 I was hoping for.

It'll be great to compare the versions with Ride 3.

My only real wish for this is for them to get rid of the yellow helmet cam visor tint. Ride3 was better in that regard.

I want to go back into bikes sims. Hope motogp19 will be good.i feel to enjoy all the tracks i knew from past games. I wish they made superbikes games too. Oh well. I'll get probably motogp19 and ride 3 unless ride 4 is announced with good improvements before ride 3 is on good discount in Canada. I have ride 1 on ps4 and the older superbikes games for now.
Edit: i remember the kyalami track i think it was called, not sure if in superbikes or gp but it was a fun fast track. Sugo and assen i liked aswell. I still have superbike 1998 or 1999 i thnk on pc.they were good for the time. And superbike on the 360.

Last edited:
Certainly looks as though the graphics are a considerable improvement on past iterations.

Physics (hard to be sure) and movement look better too.

Been making do with '17 on Xbox Game Pass but tempted to buy this on or soon after release providing reviews are alright. Any score 75+ for a MotoGP game would be a good sign.

I'm just so glad and relieved that Milestone finally upgraded their dev tools like Ue4, scanned tracks, sounds, and now a.i. and more it seems too. And they seem to support better their games lately with patches and dlc. Especially they are the only bike racing game devs almost, and put out many bike games covering street,racing series and dirt bikes. It was needed and about time that's for sure. Hope they will continue in the right direction and keep give us deeper and quality sim style bike games. As a fan of exciting racing sims i'm thankfull to finally see hope of improvement at least.

I'm just so glad and relieved that Milestone finally upgraded their dev tools like Ue4, scanned tracks, sounds, and now a.i. and more it seems too. And they seem to support better their games lately with patches and dlc. Especially they are the only bike racing game devs almost, and put out many bike games covering street,racing series and dirt bikes. It was needed and about time that's for sure. Hope they will continue in the right direction and keep give us deeper and quality sim style bike games. As a fan of exciting racing sims i'm thankfull to finally see hope of improvement at least.

Well said @Jtheripper , I know their games aren't perfect, that's a pretty special unicorn - a perfect game, but the way people drone on and on about how bad they (Milestone) are because of this or that... I get it, they should've fixed this or that. But at least we are getting bike games, which, I for one am thankful for. I play Ride series, the MX and SX series and of course their Moto series, and just glad to have the opportunity to.

Their saving grace for me has been that i like the handling challenge in ride1, with aids off and cockpit view on the harder more exciting sportbikes 750cc and up,the ones with reasonnable sound(not the zx10 omg crappy sound hehe) or smaller if exciting to ride too.
And the challenge of beating the a.i. I like the replay too and controls for it,except u can't save them.

But of course I've been dissapointed since long on the remaining aspects and hoping for this sign of improvements, most especially the sounds, hence my previous post.
Now I'm eyeing ride3 on flash sale here on Sony store in N.A. hehe.
Edit: i should add and specify that I'm especially glad to have simlike and pc centric games on ps4 more and more, with assetto corsa, project cars2, dirt rally, mudrunner,...
Edit: i was watching a comparison video on motogp18 vs 19 and the sound in 18 seems better really and surprisingly. Maybe it's just the video playback.

Last edited:

Love to see the helmet cam same as in ride3. Looks great to me all, just wish can hear the sounds loud clear in the video. Ill be getting this soon as i can, i just got ride3 and to me it's the quality bike game i wished for since so long, and you can see they are building on that in motogp19. Did you notice if the stutter is gone, that i read 18 has? Thanks for vid.
Edit:
Just saw on a youtube vid of robo46 from a hands-on preview, seems all is really better from 18. A.i. humanlike supposedly and more challenging if set to hardest, sounds are better, even historic bikes been recorded for real, and moto2 too, graphics smoother, physics and tire more realistic, with wear even for the a.i., and a limit of tire choice and quantity for all sessions so need manage that, online was lag free,searchable lobbies, smaller collisions less likely to get a crash, grass more slippery, etc. Hope it's ok to repeat what i saw. Just the tuckin looks really close in, and he tucked out when in curves, not sure how that will play out. Check it out @john wells and @barryf1fan. :cheers:
Well i hope the collisions are not like in rossi game though, that was arcade so much like a bowling alley, you just crashed thru the ai, i don't like that so much.

Last edited:
Bike games will always be a bit meh to me as actual biker of 25 years. At least with force feedback wheels and now VR, you can get a pretty good impression of actual driving. There is nothing that remotely equates with real riding just holding a joypad. Perhaps if someone hit with baseball bat every time you crashed it would help?

Get good at sim driving with a wheel and I think you could actually be ok at real driving (GT Academy seems to prove that). Riding a bike .....no way, even Schumacher only got to national level.

I just play them for a laugh, even more so as the joke is usually on us with Milestone releases.

Anyone have '19 preordered? Really hope they got the online lobby sorted, would really like to join a league or something.

[fingers-crossed]

Back