MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
Played on both the standard PS4 and Xbone last night... and got frame rate stuttering like crazy!! :mad::mad: WTF, Milestone?!?!?

You add in 60fps performance to consoles I don't own and totally fcuk up the regular versions. What the hell?? :irked::irked:

Way to go dickheads, might as well play MotoGP 18 now!! :odd:

Played on both the standard PS4 and Xbone last night... and got frame rate stuttering like crazy!! :mad::mad: WTF, Milestone?!?!?

You add in 60fps performance to consoles I don't own and totally fcuk up the regular versions. What the hell?? :irked::irked:

Way to go dickheads, might as well play MotoGP 18 now!! :odd:

Sorry to hear that Barry especially knowing how much you are enjoying 19. About to test it out now on the X and will report back if there are any issues with the X version.

Sorry to hear that Barry especially knowing how much you are enjoying 19. About to test it out now on the X and will report back if there are any issues with the X version.

Yeah, it's unfortunate @BIG CAROLINA , as I play MotoGP second only to PCars 2 (and maybe Star Wars Battlefront) and I have bough the game for both the PS4 and Xbone for several years now (they're each in different rooms) so I can play whether i'm in the living room or my "man cave".

I'll probably still play '19 just because I love MotoGP and really overlooked the FR stuttering in 18 because of them utilizing the Unreal engine for the first time [and I know that they didn't have adequate time with it because of Ride 3 coming down the pipe too]. I didn't get any of the frame rate stutter until last night after the latest patch. :irked: But again, I'm a huge MotoGP fan and will continue to play and hope for the best for '20, as I don't want to spend the cash for a PS4 Pro right now - may cave... I dunno.

Here's some of my obsession:

Finished model

enhance

Built models

enhance

enhance

enhance

Currently working on Carlos Checa's Spain's No1 Yamaha from 2004...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a nut-job for MotoGP (and F1 really, have probably that many F1 models as well ;) )
Anyway, hope they get some feedback on the FR thing though, as it was pretty much non-existent before this last update... :rolleyes:

It's a shame really, as it was fine before this last update. Clean graphics, nice collection of Historical stuff, and good Ai to race with.

I agree everything else is great, the Ai the visuals are really good it's just the performance for me but I did notice that when I switched to cockpit cam things seemed to be a little smoother same with helmet cam.

Digging this game on xbox one. Just got it yesterday.

Unlocking a bunch of the historic scenarios. I was going along fine with silver in most and enjoying the riding model until I started the Garry McCoy event.

The bike won't turn. I mean yeah it will sure, but soooo slooooowly. After messing up the 2nd turn 5 times I let Roberts pass me near the start. I copied his lean angle as close as McCoy can and his entry speed and ran very wide.

I then followed him around the track and he (the AI) can A) lean over more than me and B) brake faster and take turns with more throttle input.

McCoy will barely lean over for some reason and his bike is so heavy feeling.

Got everything on default pretty much with normal physics. No joint brakes, just turn line, electronics at default.

I wish you could tinker with the steering input, brake and throttle response settings like you can in the F1 games

EDIT ok tried this 6 more times, it's becoming MotoGP19 Restart
This event is borked for me. On one turn the bike will turn in way too much and the next turn not at all. In MPH I am taking the right hander, turn 4 I think, the one right after the left hander around 39 mph and Roberts just cruises by faster than me and tighter line while McCoy drifts way out to the edge almost off the track. The bike won't lean and the bike is reluctant to turn at all.
And the description is all about ride it like a cowboy the madman McCoy. Meanwhile he has a sled as a machine.

EDIT 2: No idea what is going on. Just threw a nice lap down on Brno and silvered the Max Biaggi vs Rookie of the year challenge.

Last edited:
Big Carolina. I am .218 off your time at Misano. Love that track. I was on assisted though, the bikes seem unstable during braking so far, it is just day 2 of ownership of this game though.

I took Max Biaggi's bike around there. The rhythm of that track is so great. I am currently the top time on the YZR-M1-02

#1 time is 9 seconds faster with 1.46.664
Top assisted time is 22nd with a 1.51.508
Mine 1.55.896

Last edited:
Ok, confused? me? yes?

Just retried the McCoy challenge and silvered it and the bike rode great. I guess the solution was just to go do something else in the game?
It's a milestone game so nothing should surprise me.

Want to get this on PS4 or Xbox one, but should I wait until they patch the stuttering? Or does this not affect these platforms?

Want to get this on PS4 or Xbox one, but should I wait until they patch the stuttering? Or does this not affect these platforms?

I have the X version and played yesterday post patch and I didn't have any stuttering issues at all. Granted, it was a dry race so maybe that's why.

@worldrevolver , I think you meant Mugello instead of Misano? I have not set a TT time for Misano but that time that you posted for me was from Mugello on SuperSics bike. I actually improved to a 1:53.XX yesterday.

2gb patch on X box today I've no idea what it addresses but from what I noticed the frame rate has improved.

On rossis nsr500 when stationary, the exhaust smoke effects when revving are so good, the puffs of smoke coming out really impressive.

Last edited:
I bought the game and I think it is okay.
There are some likes and dislike I have so far having raced rbrookies for 90% so far:
- All the different classes are really nice. So far tried RBR, Moto3 and Motogp and they really do ride very different.
- The control seems solid
- I like the graphics.

Dislikes:
- At least in rbr the AI is able to get a ridiculous corner entry speed which Im pretty sure I cannot match physics wise. They are just able to make a tighter turn it seems. Depending on your difficulty level you can make it back up on the exits. After a lot of practice I was unable to get below 1:54 on Jerez whereas the AI all go below 1:54 in practice on difficulty 80%. All in all it seems like the AI does not follow the same physics rules. They do not seems to endure tyre wear either.
- The AI field stays too tightly packed in races
- Game still misses character, which is typical Milestone
- No feedback whatsoever on braking. Not a problem on the Rookies, where you can really push it into the corners. But when jumping on the Duc, you lack all feel how far you can push and are on the ground all of the sudden.

I played SBK X and Generations back in the day, which were really good back then. This game doesn't really do a lot of things different or better.
While I do like the game so far, it is a stereotype Milestone game, which to me means:
AI has its own ruleset.
Game lacks personality.
Multiplayer very bland(especially coming off GT Sport).

As I understand they had stepped their game up compared to previous years, which is the reason I bought it. RIDE was the last bike game I played(also Milestone), which was a bit of a let down for me.

For me, Milestone games have always lacked a certain personality in their games, which other developers like Codies do so well. It's just go to track and race. Which would not be a problem but the AI lacks the depth for that and the multiplayer does not have the playerbase nor the options to make it something which can survive very long.

Only my 2 cents for now.
If someone wants to do some racing add me on PS4. gamertag is sjokkomoes.
Still complete crap still on most tracks though and absolutely not good on the big bikes yet.

Well, jumped on a did a little more career on this thing. After Milestone have tweaked the Ai a couple times, I'm now running it on 65% diff, on Pro physics. It's odd too. So a couple of nights ago I run Catalunya and Assen, and got completely destroyed, think it was 24th and 22nd, respectively. then last night I run the next two rounds, Sachsenring and Brno. I end up winning both races, Germany I win by just over 1.5 seconds - but then at Brno, I win by over 12 seconds... I thought that was awfully strange. That big of a discrepancy in time.

So I decide to run one more race, which is Red Bull ring. I'm outpacing the other riders by almost two full seconds in Quali, and thinking, " I need to adjust the Ai back up". But in the race, they are right there with me. Ended up being a good race and I got the "W" by less than a second.

The Ai difficulty is strange in this game, though... :odd:

Ran another race tonight in my career, Silverstone, and I guess 65-70% Ai difficulty is right for me. :lol: Had a great race and had to work for Pole and the race win. Battled with 4 or 5 other riders for over 4 of the 6 laps. Wasn't able to make a gap until the last lap and ended the race just over a second ahead. Then ran a quick Moto2 race, and need to practice on the bigger bike (have 6 races left in Moto3...)

Moto3 action at Silverstone

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Quick Moto2 race.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I will add to the Ai difficulty setting, that your tire choices seem to matter. For instance, if I choose to go with a M front and H rear, whilst the other riders on the front two rows are on a M or S rear... well, they're going to get off the line better. If I choose a S rear and others on the front row are on, say, a M rear - then I'll get the drive off the line. It definitely makes for a strategic race. 👍

Example, in the race above (my Moto3 career at Silverstone) I went with a M front and a H rear, mainly because I had already tested (I usually run, at least, FP2 & FP3) that tire combo. On the M/H setup I could get very, very close to my S front and M rear best times. The only combo that I could really drop the times into the low 2:18's or even a couple of high 2:17's was the S/S setup, in which case the rear just didn't last but about 3 laps... no bueno in a 6 lap race. So, knowing I could save my tires, on the M/H combo, and have plenty of tire life left for, say, the last 2-3 laps, I just bided my time until I got an opening and started pushing. Lap 4 & 5 the Ai were hanging with me, but they were having to really "dive" into the corners to try and stay with me. This happened with 4 or 5 riders until eventually they had (probably) used up their tires and had to "fall in line". All the riders on the front two rows, bar me, were on either a M/M or M/S tire setup, one was on a S/M combo. I believe it was my tire strategy that won the race at Silverstone, because, had I gone with the S/M tires I think I would've struggled to keep up with Dovi & Petrucci (the Ducati's are fast down the long straights) later in the race. With my tire combo, it allowed me to attack the braking zones and keep them at bay late in the race, forcing them to use their "softer" compounds to match me through the turns. :D

Anyway, I know this game, like every single other Milestone game, has issues but I think they have done a good job in making the game fun and competitive. Just have to find the right Difficulty setting for your skill level. Btw, if I remember correctly, my fastest lap in the Moto3 race at Silverstone was a 2:18.2 something... I was able to dip into the 2:17's on the S/S tires. For comparison, I think my fastest lap in the Moto2 quick race I did (ran a S/M combo) was a 2:11. something. Not even close to a human "fast" lap in either class... but, that's where I'm at. :cheers:

The Moto2 bikes require a gentle finger on the throttle in Championship mode more so than the GP bikes ,but they are fun to ride.

In my career I just made it to Moto2 and the bike seems less throttle sensitive than in Championship mode. Maybe that's due to my bike being down on power though.

The Moto2 bikes require a gentle finger on the throttle in Championship mode more so than the GP bikes ,but they are fun to ride.

In my career I just made it to Moto2 and the bike seems less throttle sensitive than in Championship mode. Maybe that's due to my bike being down on power though.

Yeah, I think I enjoy the Moto2 bikes the most, so far anyway. I have, I think, 6 rounds or so to get done with Moto3 and really looking forward to moving up to Moto2. And yeah, check the team your with in Career, and then go look at their "percentage" when you go to quick race... the bikes that are 100% or 90% are harder to ride than the next step down in "Team" performance, to me anyway. When I jump in and do a TT or Quick race, I usually take a lower bike, just so my sucky ass can ride it!! :lol::lol:

So are the tyres quite important, in this game, Al are better than Ride 3, don't really have choice in that.:D

I think they do... try this, start a race in career with a soft rear and see how you get off the line. Then, pause the game and restart, you can change to a hard rear and see how different your "launch" is with the hard rear tire. I think there is a distinct difference in tire selection and race outcome. I generally run 35% or 50% races, maybe if you're doing 5 laps it may not matter.

When I had first got the game, back when I was running the Ai on around 85-90% difficulty (before it has been tweaked multiple times now), I started a 50% race on the S/S combo and about 6-7 laps in I paused the game, restarted, and switched to a M/H combo. The M/H combo both were worn down to about 20-25% front & rear, by the end of the race. No way would the S/S have made it.

Ran the San Marino round last night at Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli and had another good race. Upped the Ai to 70% (from 65%) and was on Pole by about 1.6"s - thought, "hmm?". When the race started though, the Ai were able to up their pace to match mine, ended up a whisker over two seconds ahead at the end and my fast lap was only about a tenth faster than the next guy. I like that track and do alright there, my FL was a 1:48.9 something... the next guys fastest lap was a 1:49 flat. 👍

Got a new helmet - not my design, I downloaded it but think it's great.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Another 2gb patch today, I'm guessing these are mainly ai tweaks and on that subject I am loving the behaviour of the ai on this game, I have the diff set at 75 and on mugello they were going around me as they were out braking me on the first hairpin after the start finish, I managed 5th after 5 laps on moto 2 class.

Another 2gb patch today, I'm guessing these are mainly ai tweaks and on that subject I am loving the behaviour of the ai on this game, I have the diff set at 75 and on mugello they were going around me as they were out braking me on the first hairpin after the start finish, I managed 5th after 5 laps on moto 2 class.

👍👍

Glad I'm not the only one loving this game - and sure, there are still things that need work, but overall it's a fun game and some good racing can be had. I'm really looking forward to moving into Moto2 class.

👍👍

Glad I'm not the only one loving this game - and sure, there are still things that need work, but overall it's a fun game and some good racing can be had. I'm really looking forward to moving into Moto2 class.

I am still loving it also. This is the best A.I in a MotoGP game by far. I have no desire to go online at all because I can get great races in offline.
You are going to love the Moto2 bikes and the A.I seems better also.

Some of the helmet designs that you can download are absolutely beautiful. I don't have the talent or patience myself, so I am glad downloading is an option.

Back