MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
Jtheripper much improved over MotoGP15, that game is looking quite old now. Sounds, tracks, bikes, pit animation and colours. Still starting really, but they have really put a lot of work in to this. Least now have got present calendar.:D
Yes sir, i just watched a video with clear sound, the older bikes all sound pretty good in 3rd person finally and similar to the real ones.
Can you use them in more than just the specific challenges and practice or race on any tracks with them?
Edit: just did a race in motogp 16 rossi game, the handling is pretty good, and all is smooth, just the usual a.i. bumping into you.

Last edited:
Yes sir, i just watched a video with clear sound, the older bikes all sound pretty good in 3rd person finally and similar to the real ones.
Can you use them in more than just the specific challenges and practice or race on any tracks with them?
Their are some that can use, others, have to unlock, in historical challenges, so lots to do. 500s sound very good, Moto 2 screaming Triumph engine 600.:D

I'll just leave this here, in case anyone missed it.
Quite possibly the save of the year... Alex Marquez FP Motegi 2019

Apparently Dorna blocks everything... even though it might entice you to watch MotoGP. :rolleyes:
Just click the link to watch on YouTube - worth it. 👍

Last edited:
Just watched a video of the different historic bikes for motogp19, i didn't know there were so many, from 1993 to 2013. I wonder how many from that are 2 stroke 500s. The Ducati sounds pretty good in 3rd person, some sound just ok, granted it's from a youtube video. I'm sure I'll have fun when it gets a good discount.
Was watching also some vids of past riders, like Kenny Roberts, Fogerty, Spencer,Green... Not sure if all were in gp or sbk but interesting nonetheless.
Roberts was commenting on how older 2stroke bikes were so wildly, wobbly and brutish. I can attest to the wobbliness of 80s 1100 sportbikes at least. Cheers.
Edit: ohh i just read the historical pack info, says it's the 92 season, so the list i saw including 1993 to 2013 is in the base game already then?
That's pretty cool if so, I'll check the total list that are in historical pack then.
Just checked, it's only 3 bikes, and almost same as 93 or newer model already in the base game except for the Cagiva that seems worth it.
Oh well, then the base game is really all you need. I'll wait for the pack to be on sale for the Cagiva if i like the sound, I'll check it.
Did check the Cagiva, seems one of best sounding in 3rd person at least, worth getting.

Last edited:
Well, been busy of late, just general life stuff... but was able to jump back into the career in MotoGP 19 on the Aprilia RS-GP. Still running on 90% difficulty and didn't want to bump it up as I hadn't run the career portion in quite some time. Have been playing some TT and doing a few of the historical bits, but haven't really played much of anything lately. I did move the track penalty over to Tolerant from Strict as I was wanting to have some fun - and you still can't "cut" the track with it "on" Tolerant... still running realistic settings and pro physics.

Jumped into FP3 as I didn't have a ton of time to do the FP's, Quali, and the Race... Did the development test and was struggling to get my times down to just do the track affinity. :scared: Finally slowed my roll down, I was just diving into the corners and either going waaay wide or losing the front end, and was able to get close to the necessary lap times. After doing the D-tests I set about fine tuning the setup (was running my Jerez setup) and after a couple of tweaks was ret to go. Was able to pop a time in that got into 3rd and straight into Q2. 👍 Somehow, and i mean oddly enough, was able to put the RS-GP on pole... didn't see that coming.

For the race, the temps had dropped just a few degrees and I went with a Medium front and a Soft rear, all others either went M/M or S/M. Seeing this I was hoping to get the jump off the line. Had an okay start and lost just a couple, three positions but was able to get back to the front before the Dunlap bridge. Petrucci and Cal fought for 2nd the entire race and that helped as they were never really able to mount a real challenge on me. Maintained the 1 to 2 second lead the entire race (9 laps) and finished on the top step of the podium. Good to be back!! :cheers:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Here's the standings in all three championship's

enhance

Pretty good for the team championship... even though we're down almost 50 points.

enhance

And only 8 points adrift in the constructor's championship!! 👍

enhance

Thanks for looking and glad to be back in the "game".

MotoGP 19 Wet Assen, all weekend, Qul was quite hard because the water on track. Now on Pro settings, so have to be little more careful. Made up some positions, slip streaming, but Al got their places, back great battle till came off, the hairpin. Very immersive though, still no points.:embarrassed:

View attachment 869946 View attachment 869947 View attachment 869948 View attachment 869949 View attachment 869950 View attachment 869951

Lookin's good Mr. Wells, keep going - you get nothing but better by running. 👍

I signed up with Twitch and streamed my next race in Career at Mugello. Did not have a good race, even though I qualified 2nd, the Aprilia did not feel good around the track and just couldn't nail a setup. During the early laps Bagnaia came across me and wrecked me, I should've been a little more patient but I had lost so many positions at the start I was pushing to make them up. Plus I was nervous that I was streaming my race LIVE, too!! :scared: (I also need to speak loudly as you can't hear anything I'm saying) :lol:
Anyway, after the Italian GP I got the mid-season offers and went with Suzuki. After doing FP1 at Catalunya I feel I might have made a mistake because the Suzuki feels horrible so far. It wheelies as bad or worse than the RS-GP!! :confused:

Welp... probably shouldn't stream my MotoGP 19 career. :lol::lol:

Ran Catalunya and the race ended up to be a rain race . . . .

giphy.gif

Free Practice and Qualifying went okay, the Zook wheelies all over the track and fought to find a setup that gave me some confidence in the corners. Finally was comfortable as could be by Quali, but was still not 100% confident on the bike - plus, was nervous again about streaming. Crashed twice in the race but managed to salvage a point from being dead last on lap 2. :banghead:

Motogp19 big discount now on psn in N.A. 23.44 CAD.
Edit: Still liking it? @barryf1fan , @John Wells .. I'm thinking to get it now at this discount. Just wondering if no annoying things or disappointing weaknesses that would make me wait for the next game or ride 4?

Edit: i think I'm gonna go for it, i just tried again my rossi game aka motogp16 i think..and i really like it.
Bikes are more maneuverable than in ride3 and it's more of a sim style although its pretty easy too to control and adjust your riding line, at least to ride at an average pace, so maybe it's arcadey in that sense.
But it's more fun with the maneuvrability maybe than ride3.

But i think motogp19 must be a little more hardcore, or with fancier physics. Probably worth it just for updated look and sounds alone. Although i find 16 looks not bad at all. And some bikes sound good like the Yam. But most sound pretty crappy hehe. Not sure if its the same tracks, must have been a few changes.

Edit: i wonder if there's a clutch control in motogp19? Is there supposed to be in modern race bikes?
It be good with the new ds4 attachment underbelly paddles. You could shift gears with them and press one of the top control buttons for the clutch.
Also the ds5 with haptics feedback maybe will make you feel a little better the handling and road.

The controls are pretty good really, not so easy to be perfect and fast. At least there's damage and tire wear. I wonder if 19 monitors tire temp.

The sound in the replay though.. ouch, lol even for the Yam. That will be a welcome improvement in 19 for me. But it's fun to see the handling in replays, especially slowed down a little..
Also nice to have regular qualifications, races, championships...compared to short fixed challenges in ride.
Cheers.
Edit: well i got it:gtpflag:, and started by setting controls all to pro. And up volume on headphones hehe. Whew it's quite an improvement wow. In helmet or 3rd person. Was trying Wayne Rainey's. 500cc 2 stroke. With volume way up it's pretty awesome.

Then the controls i noticed there's no more tuckin, it's automatic. Except you still have a lean forward backward control but doesnt seem to affect much, and the view shifts differently to motogp16 and ride3. I thought at 1st the controls are reversed.

Also seems slow to turn in at higher speeds.
Was a bit surprised, you need really slow down to make it turn, bit strange feel for now. You can brake of course to make it turn in better, but it's pretty sensitive and can low side understeer and slide the front and fall.
Maybe cause I'm trying the challenge of historic bikes that's in the base game and there's no set-up choices.
But, i like it of course already, in helmet or 3rd person. Makes me anxious for the sound and handling improvements for ride4 too hopefully.
I'll get the historic pack too for sure soon.
I was surprised to have access to some historic content in the base game already.
I wonder what's the complete content in the dlc. And hope you can do races and custom or any championships?

Oh also, i tried set the clutch to the right stick, and as i hoped, it's not just on off digital like when it's on a buttton.
The new attachment for under paddles for the ds4 would be really usefull now for shifting with that setup. Cause it's tricky to use the right stick for clutch and then face buttons for shift. I'm going to look into it, worth it to use analog clutch control on the stick.
Cool.....hehe love that woohoo.:gtpflag:

Edit: there's something really strange about the helmet view. How come when you push forward to tuckin the view goes up like the rider is sitting up.
Like it's reversed, but the handling changes as should, with sitting up making the bike wheely more, but the view shifts to like tucked in and when you push forward the view shifts to like sitting up hmmm..
I dont get it, can't be such a big mistake and the devs not even correcting it.
Also the handling seems more hardcore to me when in helmet view compared to 3rd person. Well that suits me fine, in 3rd person it seems on the easy side even with all aids off.
Edit:I'm hooked for the motogp bikes, historic and the moto 3 are ok but the lower categories are just too mind numbingly boring lol. And sound is droningly sleep inducing hehe.
Also there is stutter that honestly is pretty regular and annoying, not really acceptable especially on ps4 gen and for a sim like game.
Seems milestone havent quite got a perfect handle on the unreal engine yet. Although that's beem an issue with that engine for Many games for years. Loading textures and stutter.
But i like it alot still and im anxious to see what they can do in the next iterations.
Also it be nice if they added even more sim like features or options. It be nice to select damage outside of career mode.
And the polish isn't so great. Like the replays are not smooth and have lod isssues.

Edit: well maybe i was a bit harsh in the lower categories, some motogp2 are good especially if selecting performance priorities.
I really like the new a.i., feels good to not race zombies, they avoid you even when you're going too slow on straights even veering off the track a little if need to avoid your goofiness.
Also the sounds are really so much more immersive especially the top category. They sound much more mechanical and less digital especially top gp bikes. Makes it easy to just lose yourself in doing lap after lap.

The handling seems more hardcore than my Rossi gp game. but the feel of the front skidding is not strong enough it seems.

Graphics aren't too hot lol. Seems to me ride 3 is nicer quite a bit. Image not so high res or smooth. Maybe when running it on a ps5 or their next game...
Ohh..also the rear brake too can be analog if set to a stick. Can set right stick push up to rear brake let's say, and right stick down to clutch.
I read a comment on youtube to set steering to the gyroscope but i tried and it doesn't seem to work.
A nice touch when you use guided setup changes in practices it uses up some of your allowed time to test and practice.
But when you change it yourself there's no time deducted lol.

It be nice if your tires picked up dirt when going out the track and make them less grip for a few seconds so you need be carefull.

The tracks seem less bumpy to motogp16, that's a big miss.
I like how you can now blip the throttle and feel the liveliness of the engine though.
Hard to go back to the old sounds lol.
And the handling is smoother now, especially in cockpit or head view.

Edit: i wish you can watch a replay in any mode or session, not just races.

Last edited:
Motogp19 big discount now on psn in N.A. 23.44 CAD.
Edit: Still liking it? @barryf1fan , @John Wells .. I'm thinking to get it now at this discount. Just wondering if no annoying things or disappointing weaknesses that would make me wait for the next game or ride 4?

Edit: i think I'm gonna go for it, i just tried again my rossi game aka motogp16 i think..and i really like it.
Bikes are more maneuverable than in ride3 and it's more of a sim style although its pretty easy too to control and adjust your riding line, at least to ride at an average pace, so maybe it's arcadey in that sense.
But it's more fun with the maneuvrability maybe than ride3.

But i think motogp19 must be a little more hardcore, or with fancier physics. Probably worth it just for updated look and sounds alone. Although i find 16 looks not bad at all. And some bikes sound good like the Yam. But most sound pretty crappy hehe. Not sure if its the same tracks, must have been a few changes.

Edit: i wonder if there's a clutch control in motogp19? Is there supposed to be in modern race bikes?
It be good with the new ds4 attachment underbelly paddles. You could shift gears with them and press one of the top control buttons for the clutch.
Also the ds5 with haptics feedback maybe will make you feel a little better the handling and road.

The controls are pretty good really, not so easy to be perfect and fast. At least there's damage and tire wear. I wonder if 19 monitors tire temp.

The sound in the replay though.. ouch, lol even for the Yam. That will be a welcome improvement in 19 for me. But it's fun to see the handling in replays, especially slowed down a little..
Also nice to have regular qualifications, races, championships...compared to short fixed challenges in ride.
Cheers.
Edit: well i got it:gtpflag:, and started by setting controls all to pro. And up volume on headphones hehe. Whew it's quite an improvement wow. In helmet or 3rd person. Was trying Wayne Rainey's. 500cc 2 stroke. With volume way up it's pretty awesome.

Then the controls i noticed there's no more tuckin, it's automatic. Except you still have a lean forward backward control but doesnt seem to affect much, and the view shifts differently to motogp16 and ride3. I thought at 1st the controls are reversed.

Also seems slow to turn in at higher speeds.
Was a bit surprised, you need really slow down to make it turn, bit strange feel for now. You can brake of course to make it turn in better, but it's pretty sensitive and can low side understeer and slide the front and fall.
Maybe cause I'm trying the challenge of historic bikes that's in the base game and there's no set-up choices.
But, i like it of course already, in helmet or 3rd person. Makes me anxious for the sound and handling improvements for ride4 too hopefully.
I'll get the historic pack too for sure soon.
I was surprised to have access to some historic content in the base game already.
I wonder what's the complete content in the dlc. And hope you can do races and custom or any championships?

Oh also, i tried set the clutch to the right stick, and as i hoped, it's not just on off digital like when it's on a buttton.
The new attachment for under paddles for the ds4 would be really usefull now for shifting with that setup. Cause it's tricky to use the right stick for clutch and then face buttons for shift. I'm going to look into it, worth it to use analog clutch control on the stick.
Cool.....hehe love that woohoo.:gtpflag:

Edit: there's something really strange about the helmet view. How come when you push forward to tuckin the view goes up like the rider is sitting up.
Like it's reversed, but the handling changes as should, with sitting up making the bike wheely more, but the view shifts to like tucked in and when you push forward the view shifts to like sitting up hmmm..
I dont get it, can't be such a big mistake and the devs not even correcting it.
Also the handling seems more hardcore to me when in helmet view compared to 3rd person. Well that suits me fine, in 3rd person it seems on the easy side even with all aids off.
Edit:I'm hooked for the motogp bikes, historic and the moto 3 are ok but the lower categories are just too mind numbingly boring lol. And sound is droningly sleep inducing hehe.
Also there is stutter that honestly is pretty regular and annoying, not really acceptable especially on ps4 gen and for a sim like game.
Seems milestone havent quite got a perfect handle on the unreal engine yet. Although that's beem an issue with that engine for Many games for years. Loading textures and stutter.
But i like it alot still and im anxious to see what they can do in the next iterations.
Also it be nice if they added even more sim like features or options. It be nice to select damage outside of career mode.
And the polish isn't so great. Like the replays are not smooth and have lod isssues.

Edit: well maybe i was a bit harsh in the lower categories, some motogp2 are good especially if selecting performance priorities.
I really like the new a.i., feels good to not race zombies, they avoid you even when you're going too slow on straights even veering off the track a little if need to avoid your goofiness.
Also the sounds are really so much more immersive especially the top category. They sound much more mechanical and less digital especially top gp bikes. Makes it easy to just lose yourself in doing lap after lap.

The handling seems more hardcore than my Rossi gp game. but the feel of the front skidding is not strong enough it seems.

Graphics aren't too hot lol. Seems to me rise 3 is nicer quite a bit. Image not so Hugh res or smooth. Maybe when running it on a ps5 or their next game...
Ohh..also the rear brake too can be analog if set to a stick. Can set right stick push up to rear brake let's say, and right stick down to clutch.
I read a comment on youtube to set steering to the gyroscope but i tried and it doesn't seem to work.
A nice touch when you use guided setup changes in practices it uses up some of your allowed time to test and practice.
But when you change it yourself there's no time deducted lol.

It be nice if your tires picked up dirt when going out the track and make them less grip for a few seconds so you need be carefull.

The tracks seem less bumpy to motogp16, that's a big miss.
I like how you can now blip the throttle and feel the liveliness of the engine though.
Hard to go back to the old sounds lol.
And the handling is smoother now, especially in cockpit or head view.

Edit: iwish you can watch a replay in any mode or session, not just races.

MAN!! That's a lot of observation... :lol::lol:

Instead of hitting on individual specific points you make, I'll just make some points of my own. Haven't played the game in quite awhile (I did go back to career last night though) so may have a foggy memory of some of it. ;)

Modern GP bikes only use the clutch on the start, or if they crash and try and get going again (ie, push start by marshalls) and generally it doesn't work then...

I think that MotoGP 19 was a big improvement over 18, in almost every facet of the game... but it is, after all, still a game. Portraying two-wheeled vehicle sensations on a flat surface is much more difficult to achieve than say for a four-wheeled vehicle.

The best thing Milestone could do would bring back Managerial career, and fine tune the Ai a bit more... I've never ridden a bike like the ones in the game, but these bikes (from my understanding) have a ton of grip compared to some of the older bikes. in fact, I think some of the older 500cc bikes in the game have too much grip, but I'm sure they didn't really spend time on different tire models as they just don't have the time or resources for that. Even with THQ Nordic purchasing them they still are not gonna be a big developer, like Polyphony, EA, Codies, etc., etc...

Just thrilled that we get a video game iteration of on of my favorite racing disciplines... Wished there was a WSBk game.

Went back to my Career after a long hiatus off of MotoGP 19 and really enjoyed it - but man, am I out of practice. I turned the penalties to, Tolerant and put the rewind back on as when I jumped into FP1 I was all over the place. :lol::lol: Still on Pro physics, but just wanted to have fun and get myself back into the groove - and as I have stated before, I'm not that great at these games anyway.

Ran Brno and got completely destroyed... Was up in 12th in Quali but then the Ai decided to go faster... :ill: Qualified dead last and had a dreadful race, finished 21st (although I know that the Ai are STUPID fast at Brno, :confused: ).

I decided to run the next round at Red Bull Ring in Austria, and glad I did. Was able to do the development tests (wasn't able to do ONE in Brno, just wasn't able to put in those kinda times) and was fighting for the top spot through all 3 sessions. Ended up going straight to Q2 and got Pole by almost a full second... Weird!

Anyway, the race was good and came in 2nd to, of all people, Jorge Lorenzo. He was untouchable in the race - even though he qualified 12th. :rolleyes:
the Suzuki still wheelies off of almost every turn and through multiple gears (kinda wished I had stayed with Aprilia now). Overall though, glad to be back in it.

Btw, I got a new 55" 4K UHD tv and this game (along with Project Cars 2) looks amazing on it - and the same 'ol standard PS4. 👍👍

MAN!! That's a lot of observation... :lol::lol:

Instead of hitting on individual specific points you make, I'll just make some points of my own. Haven't played the game in quite awhile (I did go back to career last night though) so may have a foggy memory of some of it. ;)

Modern GP bikes only use the clutch on the start, or if they crash and try and get going again (ie, push start by marshalls) and generally it doesn't work then...

I think that MotoGP 19 was a big improvement over 18, in almost every facet of the game... but it is, after all, still a game. Portraying two-wheeled vehicle sensations on a flat surface is much more difficult to achieve than say for a four-wheeled vehicle.

The best thing Milestone could do would bring back Managerial career, and fine tune the Ai a bit more... I've never ridden a bike like the ones in the game, but these bikes (from my understanding) have a ton of grip compared to some of the older bikes. in fact, I think some of the older 500cc bikes in the game have too much grip, but I'm sure they didn't really spend time on different tire models as they just don't have the time or resources for that. Even with THQ Nordic purchasing them they still are not gonna be a big developer, like Polyphony, EA, Codies, etc., etc...

Just thrilled that we get a video game iteration of on of my favorite racing disciplines... Wished there was a WSBk game.
Hehehe yeah i tend to ramble on, at least i can share my thoughts and hope anyone finds it somewhat interesting, or fun hehe.
I like it of course, just like to test out games i like and see how i feel of each aspect that interests me.
Edit: and get some usefull insights, info from others, or just fun enthusiastic sharing of similar interest with anyone here.

Edit2: Also it adds up from edits i make to share further thoughts as i try a game and no one replies so i just keep editing my post until it's so long winded im sure not many read thru it haha. Oh well,at least they let me share my ramblings on here lol.
Yes i wish for an SBK game aswell.
Hope the announced next isle of man game is good.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hehehe yeah i tend to ramble on, at least i can share my thoughts and hope anyone finds it somewhat interesting, or fun hehe.
I like it of course, just like to test out games i like and see how i feel of each aspect that interests me.

Yes I agree the game is so much improved, over previous games, lot more detail and sound. Been doing some racing online, with Ace's that fast, historic challenges and time trials.
Will get back to career.

This game really has weird control mistakes seems to me.
When you lean forward you can feel the bike less prone to wheelie and it will do an endo on braking as should be normal. But then when you accelerate in higher speed where aero affects speed, i noticed the acceleration DECREASES when leaning forward lol and increases when sitting up, which makes no sense at all.
Same for the view changing in reverse from what should be too when in pilot view and leaning forward or sitting up more.
I dont know, unless im missing something, it's ridiculous so big mistakes that are not fixed and i don't see any comments mentioning this, pretty baffling.

So if you keep the forward lean on the left stick and u steer with it too, pushing it forward and sliding it left right to steer, you're leaning forward which makes you slower lol in top speed acceleration.
You can see in 3rd person too the rider sitting up when you lean forward, but only when going straight and not leaning at all with the left stick.

Last edited:
So if you keep the forward lean on the left stick and u steer with it too, pushing it forward and sliding it left right to steer, you're leaning forward which makes you slower lol in top speed acceleration.

Ripper I noticed that, as well, I had it on automatic, switched off, go into options, change so rider moves forward with the stick:dopey:

Ripper I noticed that, as well, I had it on automatic, switched off, go into options, change so rider moves forward with the stick:dopey:
yeah but unless you put it on the right stick instead, so its doesn't affect when you're steering, you still have that reverse effect.
I just set it now to right stick, and use it to control when there's to much wheelie and for endos.
That way if you don't touch the forward backward controls in high speed acceleration you're not slowed down by that silly reverse effect cause the rider seems to not sit up when you dont touch the weight transfer at least.

EDIT: i was trying to figure out more how the weight transfer works in this game.
You can see in 3rd person the shift from the suspension seems to depend on if you are on the throttle or brake. I mean the weight transfer seems not reversed when braking.

Also disappointingly, it seems to only work when the bike is completely upright. You can see no effect at all on the suspension or rider position and on the feel of the bike as soon as you are leaned even a little.

I can understand maybe it partly mimics real life cause it's harder to shift your weight back and forth when leaned but still seems pretty limited.
And the wheelies when getting out of a curve seem to only happen when you are totally going straight,edit: well they do wheelie a little when just barely leaning, same for endos.
To me this seems limited and not realistic as you can see often race bikes wheelie when still leaning powering out of curves, in older gp bikes at least. And i was testing with an older historic bike too.

If you try bikes driveclub, which is more arcade, in 3rd person doing stunts like endos, you can see the physics are better in some ways, the bike doing an endo and if you lean it swings the rear wheel out and the bike reacts pretty believably.
You can do stunts like you see on youtube.

Bit disappointing, even ride 3 at least has weight transfer while leaning and no reverse effects like silliness of more drag when leaning forward.
Edit2: just tried hard tires, i was on default soft up to now. Makes bikes more maneuverable, im doing much better lap times lol than on soft. Just the time trial and challenges are pretty strict on cutting curves, invalidating your lap if you touch a blade of grass lol, i wish they just made the grass really risky to ride over, and still have some cutting rules but not so frustrating.

Edit3: i have to say i love the engine rumbling on the yamaha yzr500 2 stroke of Wayne Rainey, 1993 i think. When you're in low rpm in 2nd and just starting to apply back some throttle, the low rumbling is really immersive and believable, sounds pretty good really.
Feel and sound pretty good in 3rd person, i like it more than in ride3. But then the helmet view is so immersive too.
Edit: update 1.15 improves performance, stability, stuttering...

Last edited:
I just purchased it and played a little. My first impressions on the graphics were NOT good. I have the Xbox X and Milestone seemed to do a blurry effect thing with everything down the track..

I just purchased it and played a little. My first impressions on the graphics were NOT good. I have the Xbox X and Milestone seemed to do a blurry effect thing with everything down the track..

That's odd... I have it on standard Xbox and standard PS4 and it looks great... Not PCars 2 good, but still, really good. I upgraded to a Samsung 4K UHD tv recently for my PS4 and it looks a lot better now.

How old is your tv, I know firsthand it looks great on the Xbox One X - but if you have an older flat screen - that is hurting it.

When I put the game on for the first time there was a motion blur option defaulted to on, maybe you can find it in the settings and try without.

I turned the motion blur off before I played. What it is is their heat wave effects. It's overkill like dirtying the windshields in some games.(Forza) I was wondering if anybody else have a tough time braking. I just can't slow down with motorcycles....
I've been playing Moto gp since the original xbox came out and the Milestone versions are the best.

Last edited:
Just tried a race on Mugello in the rain, i really like the look, looks great, stormy and immersive.
Edit: I've been using mostly historic bikes until now, just tried the ducati full motogp bike, no aids, it's a handfull lol. I like it:D,even if i suck haha, it's pretty much hardcore sim style, great.

One silly question, the hud is pretty simple but i have no idea what the 2 vertical gray red bars mean lol? Can't be tire wear, it goes down to minimum in the 1st lap or so and i don't notice any changes. Isn't tire wear the circles opening up as tires wear? Idk, maybe i have a blank, and it will come back to me.

Must be the damage:lol:. Im liking the ragdoll physics, which i have many occasions to witness:lol:.

I'm pleasantly surprised really how hardcore sim it is,just trying out in career testing with this Ducati bike.
Even just downshifting, you gotta match your revs. Good stuff.
Cheers guys.:gtpflag:

Edit2: big difference with soft tires, much easier, was using medium until now.
The little notes when loading say that the best times are near the end of sessions when the track is more grippy. Does motogp19 really simulate this?

I wonder also if the test times/ lap objectives change with the ai difficulty you choose? Seems it should. Haven't tried it out.
Have to say the controls are super smooth and nice which is so great so you don't fight the joystick, only the bike itself. I can't complain at all and don't see how much better it can be.
The commentator makes me laugh, says i think we can look forward to changes in their setup. Yeah cause my times suck haha.

I guess it's the tire wear those vertical lines, seems to match the info in the menu.

Taking me many laps to register memorize turns 9 and 11 in Qatar, my god I'm slow hehe.
I'm loving the next race, argentina, fast sweepers.
Really loving the helmet view in this game.
Even though 3rd person is well made too and fun.

This game is brilliant, in helmet and 3rd person view. The sound on that Ducati is really good in both views, the feel is amazing with no aids. Really glad i gave this a shot. This and mxgppro are so good. Ride3 is good too but i hope they improve the feel like in this, and the career.
Also the bikes and rider look great in replay.
Good times to be a bike sim fan. Glad it's getting this good now. Ok enough bla bla from me.:D until my next edit or post.:lol:

Edit3::D too bad no replay in all modes, just passed an historical challenge and you can't even watch a replay of it aww idk. Seems it could use just the same replay as in races, i don't get it.

Was for Biaggi Yam yzr-m1 2002, was easier than most this one to unlock.
Another bike with nice sound, also love all the cockpits, looks almost like you can reach and touch, good textures and detail.

One small detail that's silly is the setup always defaults back to aids full, like in challenges you have to off them once it's started on track and restart it. You can't even off them while the autopilot is on at the start.
Also it be nice to have your tire choices on the hud next to the tire temp and wear.

Another thing is you get as many tires to use in your weekend of racing even if you choose to do only let's say one qualif and the race. It's too easy compared to doing all sessions.
You have plenty of tires, that's in quick mode single race, i don't know if it's different in a championship season or career and if you have a limited number of tires for your season or if it scales to the number of sessions you do. I'm sure not many players bother doing each practice lol too.

Here goes EDIT4: have to say it's a really silly oversight to not have fixed this reversed rider forward lean. Each time you push forward to lean forward to control the wheelies it works but your rider sits up instead of leaning forward and slows your acceleration since you sit up into the wind.

Its not so bad for performance cause you need do this mostly at lower speeds and doesn't affect so much your acceleration but its annoying especially in helmet/cockpit view as your view goes back alot. It's same when just accelerating at higher speeds, and need avoid pushing forward on your joystick which is counterintuitive as you control your direction you need pull back on it to avoid this sitting up into the wind and then the view is shifting back and forward.

Worse is it does this only when going straight. When you lean a little the rider doesn't situp like this even when you him push forward.

I don't get how they let this pass, it's like no one is checking that basic controls work as intended lol. Oh well..

Also when you set the engine braking higher it works pretty well but then if you use the rear brake it slides the rear alot more even if you are in a higher gear at low speed.

I get of course that it should do this just like in PC2 for example, but not at so low in the power band, in low revs at higher gear going slow. Unless the engine is a torque monster and gears are so short.

Anyway hehe, i do love this and the challenging feel. Really like the bad weather look of the tracks. Assen is pretty cool, and Sashenring too, nice flow but takes some time to memorize the curves.

Oh one little detail i like in this is how in helmet view when you look back, your view swivels to the back to check back. Feels more natural and immersive than how in ride3 it just snaps to the back view.

And it even swivels to the side you are leaning, pretty cool.

EDIT5: hehe yh, the animations of the ai bikes is really good in this i find, so cool feeling to be in a race and see many ai in front moving so smoothly and naturally, and also a little differently from each other.

And in replays, your own bike, pretty cool looking to see it lean smoothly from one curve to another leaning the other side.

Oookkk hehe another small EDIT6:
this game is nuts, i mean as in good. The 2000 and up full gpbikes with no aids especially with less than soft tires are nuts hehe. The rear can spin on full power even in 4th gear and almost straight ahead. You need sit back to try make it not slip, it's amazing.
It fits with what real racers say too, they cant use full throttle except a few percent of each lap, cause the rear just spins. Pretty cool. You need pull back to help the tire grip then sit forward a little when the bikes front wants to go up. Its a constant juggling act.

Plus when you shift especially if using the clutch, you need shift your weight too to handle the acceleration just after each shift.

Then it's the engine braking and trying rev up when downshifting to avoid rear slip too.
Lots going on, you're focused and don't see laps go by. Feels pretty damn real like i would imagine, with the bike dancing around non stop, plus you have to manage your tires lol, and when they start getting worn a little bit much, it gets even more slippery lol.

Phenomenal feel to me, but it's like playing piano on the controller lol, not easy hehe.

And a phenomenal challenge to race these in a way the pros do, with helmet view and all handling at max difficulty, as it should be i feel.
Oh and the sound is amazing especially when blipping the throttle to match revs on downshift. I know the more modern gp bikes don't need this but i love it hehe.

Cheers..

Last edited:
Back