MotoGP 2 Racer Series - A Challenge

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by barryf1fan, Feb 19, 2002.

1. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

MotoGP 2 Race Series

This series of events will take place over 7 races and 7 weeks. Beginning March 4 and ending May 6. Do you have what it takes to be a MotoGP rider? How about the BEST MotoGP rider in the world? Then here is your chance prove it.

Ok, for the rules and regulations:
    There will be a qualifying and race for each event, each due one week apart. Qualifying time will be due the first Saturday and the Race time due the following Monday. All times are due by 12:00 am E.S.T., you can e-mail your times to MotoGP 2 race times KC, a member of GTPlanet said he would accept times and set up results for me so I don't get the times since I'm racing as well. KC will update all times and record points. Everyone sign up as soon as possible and be sure to include your;
    Name and GTPlanet handle:
    The team you are racing for:
    and what country you are from:
    E-mail to KC.

Qualifying:
    1. Time Trial Mode
    2. Simulation - ON
    3. Unlimited Laps - submit best time to
    *KC*.
    4. Can set up bike how you want it in the settings.

Races:
    1. Arcade Mode
    2. Weather - the only race we ARE running wet will be the
    Donington GP, I will remind you when we race there.
    3. 5 Laps per race - Submit fastest lap (given at end of race) and
    Total Race Time to
    *KC*.
    4. Motorcycle must be from FIRST 12 in arcade mode.
    No actual GP riders or Legends riders. In other words you must
    be yourself in the game.
    5. Transmission setting is up to you.
    6. Level must be on Normal
    7. Simulation is ON, except in the wet race, you can run it either way
    8. Can set bike up how you want it in the settings.

Tentative Race schedule:
    Jerez - Spanish GP
    Qual due - 3/04/02
    Race due - 3/11/02
    Paul Ricard - French GP
    Qual due - 3/18/02
    Race due - 3/25/02
    Suzuka - Japanese GP
    Qual due - 4/01/02 - no foolin :D
    Race due - 4/08/02
    Catalunya - Catalunya GP
    Qual due - 4/13/02
    Race due - 4/15/02
    Donington - British GP - Wet Race !
    Qual due - 4/20/02
    Race due - 4/22/02
    Assen - Netherlands GP
    Qual due - 4/27/02
    Race due - 4/29/02
    Sachsenring - Germany GP
    Qual due - 5/04/02
    Race due - 5/06/02

Points are going to be tallied a bit different just to make it easier on KC. Points are as follows:
    1 pt. - pole - let's see some fast ones. :eek:
    1 pt. - fastest lap in the race
    10 pt. - 1st
    8 pt. - 2nd
    6 pt. - 3rd
    4 pt. - 4th
    3 pt. - 5th
    2 pt. - 6th
    1 pt. - 7th
    There is a Rider championship up for grabs. Also the Constructors and Nations cup are going to be awarded. So if you know someone that lives in your country and has MotoGP 2, well, I guess you had better get on them to help your country win the cup.
    Only top finisher from each country will be awarded points per race. One nation can't overload the grid this way and it become unfair. However, country will be awarded points where you finish, ie. 1st and 2nd place is USA with UK finishing 3rd - USA would recieve 10pts.(for 1st) and the UK would recieve 6pts.(for 3rd).

The next race is going to be at:
    Assen - Netherlands GP
    Qual. Due - Saturday April 27, 2002 12:00 am EST.
    Race Due - Monday April 29, 2002 12:00 am EST.

Everyone sign up as soon as possible and be sure to include your
    Name and GTPlanet handle:
    The team your are racing for:
    and what country you are from:

And don't forget to submit your times for the first race, good luck everyone and have fun.

MotoGP 2 Challenge website

2. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

nice one barry, looks like you have put some time and effort into this, i hope we can get quite a few entrants....

3. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I hope so too. Give a shout out to your friends that are Moto freaks like us and see if they would want in on the action. :D

4. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

Come on guys and girls, I know there are more than two people here that are motorcycle fans... And if you are you owe it to yourself to check out MotoGP 2, truly a fun race game. And then of course you can join this comp. for some healthy racing fun with your online friends here at GTPlanet.

5. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

KC is also making a web site for our competition so you can go check out the standings and upcoming events. It will have all the necessary info on it; rules, standings, race schedules, etc.
    He will be posting a link in this thread for it today or tomorrow.
    Be sure and check it out. :)

6. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

yeah c'mon people, or are you scared of the competition? :eek:

7. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I just updated the original post with the "WET" race (Donington) and a link to the Official MotoGP 2 Challenge [/COLOR] website. :thumbsup:

8. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

what is the best way to get your lap times, the only way i can think of is to pause the game, is there another way?

9. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I checked the other day for a better way... I think I found one. I wait until my wife is in a good mood and right after I have done something like clean the kitchen, done some laundry, etc., and then I ask her to wright them done as I race. :p I tell her it's only 5 laps. Other than the cheesy way I do it, I think you have to pause the game.
    I played MotoGP 2 quite a bit this weekend, and I am feeling pretty confident. I think I got your # HJ :D:p j/k. I tell you what though, the more I play that game the more I dig it. They did a great job with it. I had an enormous battle last night with Biaggi at Assen (season mode). I would get by him and one or two turns later zoom, there he went. I would have to reel him in and BAM, B-Dog puts the nasty inside on him. Then get this, he runs me off into the GRASS , :eek: I thought OMG, he didn't just do that. OOOooo, I had it then. I ended up second (just can't get by Rossi). Man that was fun.

10. InterCooler

InterCooler

barry, HUD, count me in.

Assen track rocks. My fastest time with SIM on so far is 2'03.xxx. Where are you guys at?

If the race lap times are a problem, why don't we just leave it out and go for the total race time only? I don't know how long the full race is but I think that will be fun as well instead of just 5 laps. And, if it is just between 3 of us, I think we can proceed faster through the races. eg. qualifying by Wednesday and race time in by Friday kind of thing.

P.S. I will be choosing my team tonight. I am from Canada. USA vs UK vs CDN ! This will be good.

11. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

Welcome InterCooler

I think there will be 5 of us total so far, 3 from the US, 1 from UK and you from Canada.
    I want to keep it the same as far as schedule goes (for now), I have two kids and I know that Hudson has one, so lets keep it the same for now. After the first race is due I will PM everyone in the series and ask them about speeding things up. I mainly did that to allow people to sign up.
    As far as keeping track of laps (which lets leave it at 5 for this series, I might do another one with full race distance - gives me more laps to pound on Biaggi) :D , the game will tell your what you fastest lap was. Be sure and record that for credit to the fastest lap point . Good idea man, thanks.
    I will amend the first post on here and have KC amend the Website.

12. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

that is a bit cheeky barry! :D , but i like it.
    i quite like the idea of doing fastest lap and total race time, as pausing the game realy puts me off my line of thought, not that i am getting fast times yet! :mad: :mad:

Welcome Intercooler...its good to have some more in.

tried to get my mate to buy the game but instead he is going to borrow my copy and enter like that so there should be 1 more from the UK..... :D

added:-yep the new rules do it for me!!!

13. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

has anyone sent their times in yet? i think i will send mine in very soon as i have hit a wall that i cannot get past:banghead:!!

14. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I'll send mine in by Sunday, I'm where you are. The wall thing I mean. :D I just don't think I can get any faster.

15. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

i hope we are all fairly close with times!

hey barry did you see my mate should be joining us....

16. InterCooler

InterCooler

So that we can see who is the fastest and try to best their times on daily basis? I have a time but I don't know where I stand (but good enough to clear the 3 lap no course-out challenge).

Has anyone cracked the 2 minutes yet? I haven't and far from it. Hey, wait a minute. That's Assen lap time! Nevermind.

BTW guys, I have problem with 12:00am Monday submission because I only have access through internet during weekdays so my time has to be in by Friday -> cannot practise or run during weekends. Is it possible to extend the submission time to 12:00 pm or so? If it is too much trouble, don't bother. I'll try my best to submit my times by Friday of every week.

17. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I would rather everyone not share times, just do your best and then see who comes out on top when the times are posted... OOoo, anticipation. I can't stop anyone from PM'ing or email'ing anyone else though. I just thought it more fun with the element
    of suprise. :D
    The times are due Monday at Midnight E.S.T.
    , that's 12:00 a.m. Monday night/Tuesday morning. So you will have all weekend to run, just be sure and turn your times in before monday is over. KC must recieve times before Tuesday.
    KC created this website so we wouldn't be taking up a bunch of space on GTPlanet and you could easily find the results. It will be updated within one day of times being due. Just add the link to your favorites. :p

18. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

yeh i like the idea of keeping your times to yourself until the race, much more exciting.... :eek: :eek:

19. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I ran my race last night and the game does not show your fastest lap in the Arcade mode, as it does in the Season mode. So, we can either drop the 1 point - fastest lap in the race (which I don't want to do, because it's a way to make up a point if you didn't get pole) or, you will have to write down your lap times and pick out the fast lap and send it in.

I will leave this up to the racers. We will decide by a majority vote and go from there.
    Please respond in this thread or PM me, as this will be decided by you all. If we decide to write out the lap times, than lets do them all and send all 5 laps in. That's what I did last night and it really wasn't too much of a pain.

20. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I have sent in my times for Jerez!! Times won't be posted until after individual due dates.
    Qualify and Race done.
    I will be busy this next week working on our house and possibly job searching so I wanted to get this race out of the way. Also start polishing up for the next race. :D
    Good Luck everyone who is participating.
    I hope you highside.. :mischievous: :lol: :smilewink

21. InterCooler

InterCooler

I'll ride along with that.

So that's Monday midnight due time, eh? That's no problem. Ran it last night, turned a pretty good lap. I figure I am good for about 70th place (world ranking) in MotoGP2 site.

22. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I'm glad your doing this InterCooler, I know you are fast. That way HJ and I have something to shoot for. ;)

23. InterCooler

InterCooler

I hope I can live up to your expectations . . . . .

24. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I'm just kidding dude, I was just putting some pressure on you. :D
    I just like the competition, most my friends don't play games and the couple that do aren't into race games. I just thouhgt this comp. would be fun. :p

25. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

Hey!
    Go check out your nations flag on the MotoGP 2 Challenge website here

Tell me if you like it. :thumbsup:

26. InterCooler

InterCooler

Every time I do the time trial, I get little bit better and better and see room for improvement.

Seeing that the world record is 1'36/37 range, I have a LOT of room for improvement.

I was getting highsided every other lap yesterday and that irritated me. I was able to shave about 0.5 seconds off the day before but it is getting to be very difficult and frankly, I can't see how anyone can pull off sub 1'40 lap time.

27. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I can't see the sub 1'40" lap either. I have sent my qual. time in and I am happy with the time I got. I have already done the race and sent them both in to KC. Been practicing Paul Ricard the las couple of nights, and knocked 1.8" off my previous best!! :p
    Practice, practice, practice.

28. HUDSONJONES

HUDSONJONES

Oh dear, i am going to get whooped at this, what am i doing wrong??? :confused: :confused:

still never mind excellent competition makes a better game...

as for best lap time keeping, i am easy i will go with the majority.
    except for Jerez as i haven't made a note of laps.

29. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

I don't think that you are going to get whooped and besides, even if you do, your a Brit. You will most certainly crush us in the wet race at Donington . :D :p :D
    Seriously though, if my buddy Mark will not be so lazy and do this comp. (he's the one that has the RC51 I was telling you about) you are most definitely faster than him... and KC :rolleyes: Poor KC, I'm suprised his controller still works :lol: He'll get better though 'casue I know he won't give up.
    It's all about the fun. And that's what we play these games for anyway isn't it? That and the fact that I'll never ride a GP bike. :lol:

30. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

C'mon everyone... Times is almost up to get in on the first GP at Jerez (at least gettin the Qualifying point for pole). So hurry and sign up and get in on the action. :thumbsup:

Everyone who signs up gets a new Panasonic DVD player ... well, not really, not from me anyway :p
    But you could go get this excellent Motorcycle racing game and pick up a new DVD player at the same time. :D

If you want in, go to the 1st post and follow the rules and regs. and then get ready to get a little on'ya. 'Cause all of us in this are fast and have serious attitude problems. :lol: :D :lol:

Join us for some healthy competition that doesn't involve GT3. :eek: