Motorsports Academic Paper

• Thread starter NoonenF1
  • 4 comments
NoonenF1
Hello everyone!

I’m looking for a little help here. I have seen an academic paper referenced several times recently that I can’t seem to find anywhere on the internet & looking to see if anyone can help here. It is a paper that was published in 2016 that was a mathematical model that studied the relative influence of driver and machine. I believe it just ranked F1 drivers. I have seen it referenced & would like to read/view the whole thing. Thank you for the help in advance!

- NoonenF1

^Great article! I didn't have time to read all of it in detail so just skimmed through, but incredible effort on the author's part :crazy: I always feel like cold hard statistics don't give the whole picture though, and as a result there are always weird results from these kind of analyses.

Hello everyone!

I’m looking for a little help here. I have seen an academic paper referenced several times recently that I can’t seem to find anywhere on the internet & looking to see if anyone can help here. It is a paper that was published in 2016 that was a mathematical model that studied the relative influence of driver and machine. I believe it just ranked F1 drivers. I have seen it referenced & would like to read/view the whole thing. Thank you for the help in advance!

- NoonenF1

Do you mean this one?

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Driver_and_Constructor_performance_1950-2014

Back