• 12 comments

Do you enjoy mountain-biking?

• yeah.......it's great!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • no.....not really

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • i'm still learning how to ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you bet.....i take my Harley out every day!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Just wondering if anybody enjoys mountain-biking and what kind of bikes some of you have (if you pay any attention to that sort of thing) :)

I've actually got a Specialized Crossroads from 92 or 93. It's not really a mountain bike, more of a cross bike. It does real nice on dirt trails and such. My dad and I went on a 150 mile ride a few years back. Missouri is making major progress on a new state park idea. They're turing old unused rail lines into "linear parks". They tear out the rails and ties and lay fine ground packed gravel on top of the old railbed. I think they've converted an old Missouri-Katie-Texas line that ran all the way east-west across the state, some 250 miles.

They're doing this all over the country though. If any of you guys are into some site seeing from a bicycle, I highly recomend it.

~LoudMusic

I love ridin' mountain bikes. I have a Specialized Stumpjumper(M4 Pro) that's extremely fun to ride. I ride it more on the streets and beach(and occasionally on the golf course...:P) than I do off-road though...

I got an early '90s Giant Iguana 21 speed that I got from a pawn shop for $145. We fixed it up, now it's a great bike.

I have Rock Shox, a Trek Speedo, I have gone through 3 sets of tires(sorry, but I like to do gravel burnouts a lot, makes me feel like my bike is really fast), a set of brake pads(I like doing endos a lot), some brake and shifter cables, handle bar grips(wheelies tear them up), and a seat(cause when I first got it, I crashed a lot).

I am waiting for snow to come so I can ride in the snow, it's always fun when you're going 20 and suddenly have to turn, and wipe out on someones lawn.

Originally posted by Josh
I love ridin' mountain bikes. I have a Specialized Stumpjumper(M4 Pro) that's extremely fun to ride. I ride it more on the streets and beach(and occasionally on the golf course...:P) than I do off-road though...

Stumpjumpers are AWESOME! Does your's have full suspension?

~LoudMusic

Looks like a few of us have Specialized .....i have a 93 Secialized Hard Rock Sport but just recently, i upgraded to a 98 Gary Fisher Paragon (i guess it's their top-of-the-line hardtail) ......i'm not a huge Gary Fisher fan but i got an insane deal on it .....i couldn't turn it down for $350 Cdn. .....that's about $224 US. .........it's colour scheme resembles the Arrows F1 team ......the rims are even painted orange ......i'd like to upgrade to disc brakes though

Originally posted by LoudMusic

Stumpjumpers are AWESOME! Does your's have full suspension?

~LoudMusic

Nah, just the front suspension(RockShox). I thought about one with full susp., but decided against it since I don't really have the need for it because I don't do serious mountain-biking.
sjproht_d.jpg
<--The bike I got.

I've always bought Specialized(when dealing with mountain-bikes). Started out on a Hardrock, went to a Rockhopper, and currently have the Stumpjumper.

you can still do serious mountain-biking and not have full suspension......bikes like you and i have are cross-country bikes .....they only have front suspension but racers still use these bikes for cross-country racing (which is like through forests and such) .....full-suspension bikes are more for down-hill racers who need dirt-bike style suspension to remain on course when they are doing crazy speeds ....it gives them max. control ......if you don't have full-suspension it doesn't mean you're not a serious biker though .......i know what you meant though .......but some people go out and buy crazy bikes with full-suspension that they don't even need for their purposes

I get my danger fix out of riding in Sydney traffic.

The key is to wear bike pants you can pull down quickly to 'moon' people - not that I condone public nudity (just to inconsiderate motorists).

I just ride a hacked up old Giant.

I go riding as much as I can stand.
I own a Schwinn s40 full suspension bike made of 7005 aluminum alloy frame and a cost of 1100 when new. It stays in the house until its time to come out and play. :P
Its a great sport and am glad to see others enjoying.
Ltr.

Latest Posts

Back