Premium
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Moglet85
Moglet
This is the future:

1061a.jpg

1062ii.jpg

As you can see, it's the 'XR' model, which stands for 'Xtra Rad!' and means it was the coolest model they ever made. It has a very very powerful 1.4 engine and I have to be careful with the throttle or it'll run away with me! Woah! Straight line speed is very quite fast and 0-60 happens in a number of seconds. With the radio off.

It's finished in a lovely metallic blue with faded badges (these were an optional extra, it's rat look) and the most modern wheels you will ever see:
1063v.jpg

Alloys? Pah! You don't even need to remove the wheel nuts to take these new, ultra modern plastic compound wheel covers off! You can swap them for whatever you like! No more expensive wheel swaps! 👍 13 inch wheels for FASTER.

Peugeot haven't just thought about style and performance though, they have eco credentials too. This car has stop and start technology. Pull up to any junction and the engine automatically stops, saving fuel! It starts again with a simple turn of the key. Now you need never fill up again! Probably.

Interior wise it has air conditioning. Open the windows and air comes in. The condition options are 'stuffy' or 'freezing'. It also has an automatic sunroof, press the red buttons in and move your hand upwards and it automatically moves up at the same time as your hand! Wowzers! It also has a temperature controlled glovebox. It's controlled by whatever the temperature outside is.

Then there's the real party piece. To start the car you must enter a 4 digit number on the keypad! As seen in The Transporter! Jason Statham digs this ****! I've not seen anything like this since The Crystal Maze.

1064s.jpg

Here's my mods, +5bhp for each one. The 'Snap Off' one very handily covers up the 'GAY! x2' that has been scratched onto it. Blatantly used to be owned by a hot lesbian couple.

scrappage.jpg

snapoff.jpg

So there we have it. It's available to hire for weddings, funerals or track days. Most supercar clubs won't let it race with them though as it's too fast for them LOL.

Last edited:
I hate you for making me read that at work with my co-workers wondering why I'm snickering. Snickering with jealousy, of course. :indiff:

Glad you like it and it does look to be in pretty good shape. 👍

Do those buttons really work for that? If not, then sorry for my gullibility. If they do work, then that is 🤬 awesome

Do those buttons really work for that? If not, then sorry for my gullibility. If they do work, then that is 🤬 awesome

Which buttons? The keypad is actually an immobiliser, I have to enter my 4 digit code before I can start the engine. It's great for annoying mechanics.

I don't have an in car oven though. :lol:

Which buttons? The keypad is actually an immobiliser, I have to enter my 4 digit code before I can start the engine. It's great for annoying mechanics.

I don't have an in car oven though. :lol:

Yeah I was referring to the keypad, which is quite awesome

If it's anything like a Saxo (which I imagine it is, being pretty much identical) then you'll love it in winter too, you can drive around with the windows open and still be warm because so much heat gets sucked through the vents from the engine, those French designers are geniuses!

You just got to hope you don't run into any French hooligans! :lol:

The code thing is pretty dope 👍

Last edited:
Nice write up 👍

The Citroen ZX I went to the south of Spain in for a charity rally had a keypad immobiliser (as did my mum's old Pug 406) and without fail, every single time it was my turn to drive I tried to start the car without pressing the code in first. We're spoilt these days by automatic immobilisers...

Nice car though. Always thought the facelifted 106 was a nice design, though the only one I'd personally buy is the Rallye, and indeed might buy at some point before they've all been turned into race and rally cars or tastelessly modified by people who don't know better.

Congrats on the purchase, I was wondering when your Members Rides thread would come up.

I'm considering a video review, if anyone would watch it?
Most definitely. I find your reviewing skills just great. You're so honest and obviously not scared of pissing off the company PR guy.

EDIT: Also this:

sj74I.jpg

Last edited:
:lol: That was great to read, probably the best analysis of a car I've read in a very long time.:D

Video is coming soon! In the meantime, it's been to Yarmouth and back and only cut out about 15 times! :lol: Apart from that it's running brilliantly, but I've discovered that pulling away with full power in the wet is impossible, the wheels just spin like mad. 2nd gear isn't too great either, and you really have to be careful putting your foot down in a corner when it's been raining or you'll be off in the hedge in a huge mash of understeer.

Cheap tyres + light car = fun. Dangerous fun. They'll be getting replaced soon enough.

Last edited:
The cutting out issue was getting annoying and it was going to keep costing money to figure out what was wrong with it. I was willing to put up with it but my girlfriend was getting a bit annoyed when it kept happening on us. We knew that a friend had recently upgraded his car and was selling his 2002 Yaris for a good price and when we asked him about it he dropped the price for us and said he would let us pay him in 'installments'. He's bringing it over on Sunday.

It's a 2002 1.3 VVT-i CDX so it's got a few nice little extras like air conditioning, electric mirrors, sunroof, remote central locking and alloys. :)

Last edited:
The Yaris has arrived! My friends brought it over on Sunday and even threw in their sat nav for me which was nice. :) So far so good, it drives brilliantly and it's so smooth it feels like something more expensive. The only downside is the lack of steering feedback but then I have been driving an old, light car in comparison.

I haven't got any external photos yet but have one of the interior:

20110808200419.jpg

Yes, that is the speedo and rev counter. I love it when people get in and ask where the hell my speedo and clocks [sic] are. :D They look like they're right down in the engine bay, possibly due to magic. External photos will come after a full detail.

I always wondered why so many of these were used by driving schools, when the speedo is impossible to see from the passenger seat...

Glad you like it 👍

Latest Posts

Back