MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Aren't you guys lucky with the DWG, for at least the first year and a half I played dam near every day to win my DWG, I never won any of the expensive cars, had to grind for every one of them. If we ever have an N300 XBow one makexrace as t BMB you guys are in trouble. :D
If PD really quit giving away the unicorns I would have to believe it's because they want their time played by each user to be very high for some strange reason, since you cant buy them with real money it's no skin off of their butts if you have them in your garage.
Hey I only got lucky once. Felt like winning a lottery. Not 3 times like @Rinsky. The 2nd would suck when you realize you can't cash it in. What the sale price is for 20 million I wonder.

They want people to play the game. I figured that out when they added the micro trans actions and made you can't just buy buy anything over 2 million credits. Those cars still give you something to work for.

I should point it still a lot easier to get these cars in the game than in real. You last I heard a Ferrari 250 GTO when for like $52 million at an auction.

Plus there is an unlimited supply of them. I real life there is only 1 Jaguar XJ13.

Depending on how you count there are 3 or 4 Ferrari 330 P4s. Three were built. And one more was made by modifying the car before 330 P4 into one. That's if they all 4 still exist too. I would look up the other cars.

This is what I have for tonight's race.
Once again @micantony will be your host.
I will show up but I'm not racing tonight and I will leave the lobby before qualifying begins. It looks like my spot will be needed.

Member/Car list

1. Bloodyboyblue - Lexus
2. racer233 - NSX
3. Venster - Toyota
4. Docbrown40 - GT-R
5. RINSKY - Porsche Out for Sept
6. micantony - Audi
7. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
8. fastone371 - Aston Martin
9. Standard_FV - Hyundai
10. Cold Warrior - Corvette
11. GTP_Guido - Mitsubishi
12. QTip8329Wags - Viper
13. T5BLACK- Lamborghini
14. Sheldonsuckz - Jaguar
15. Herimopp89 - Mercedes Out for Sept
16. Infineon- Megane Trophy
17. Im2fst4u55- Citroen
18. Clean Racer - 4C
-----------Cut Off Line------------
19. Rob Pardun - Mustang

Member/Car list
(friended = 👍)

1. Bloodyboyblue - Lexus 👍
2. racer233 - NSX 👍
3. Venster (Focie) - Toyota
4. Docbrown40 - GT-R 👍
5. RINSKY - Porsche 👍
6. micantony - Audi 👍
7. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari 👍
8. fastone371 - Aston Martin 👍
9. Standard_FV - Hyundai 👍
10. Cold Warrior - Corvette 👍
11. GTP_Guido - Mitsubishi 👍
12. QTip8329Wags - Viper 👍
13. T5BLACK- Lamborghini
14. Sheldonsuckz (antbuster97) - Jaguar 👍
15. Herimopp89 - Mercedes 👍
16. Infineon- Megane Trophy 👍
-----------Cut Off Line------------
17. Im2fst4u55- Citroen
18. Clean Racer 4C 👍

19. Rob Pardun (shifter1961) - Mustang 👍

I'm friends with everyone except Focie/Venster, T5Black and Im2Fst4u55

So if they want to race tonight, after they accept my friend request from early this week, they probably need to reboot their PS4 so they can see the room. Not exactly sure the semantics of how that works, but I wont be able to reboot after i open the room. So it's up to them.
I assume if they were racing they would be around today and would have accepted my friend request and/or know about the change when i tagged them.
4.25 ('ish) hours until qualifying. Room should be up early. Please let me know if anyone sees something I set up wrong. No restarts, so be extra careful into turn 1!
We will have tons of pitstops to make up for any damage you may encounter. It's part of racing. If we have a laggy room, please speak up, I need to know these things.

on a side note:
After having practiced and seen what the BOP on ovals did to my AUDI, along with the inability to adjust Brake Balance, I will not spend 180 laps in that car tonight. I suffered through Autopolis hoping it was a one off with the new tire wear, but its horrible at BB too.
So while i respect the concept of not changing cars, my FF just isnt working any longer to be competitive in the least.

I will disqualify myself from the results, but i am going to grab the McLaren tonight to race in. I've been eyeing it all year anyway and noone else seems to want it, so it's my seat tonight. Just need to find a livery.

So if they want to race tonight, after they accept my friend request from early this week, they probably need to reboot their PS4 so they can see the room. Not exactly sure the semantics of how that works, but I wont be able to reboot after i open the room. So it's up to them.
I assume if they were racing they would be around today and would have accepted my friend request and/or know about the change when i tagged them.
4.25 ('ish) hours until qualifying. Room should be up early. Please let me know if anyone sees something I set up wrong. No restarts, so be extra careful into turn 1!
We will have tons of pitstops to make up for any damage you may encounter. It's part of racing. If we have a laggy room, please speak up, I need to know these things.

on a side note:
After having practiced and seen what the BOP on ovals did to my AUDI, along with the inability to adjust Brake Balance, I will not spend 180 laps in that car tonight. I suffered through Autopolis hoping it was a one off with the new tire wear, but its horrible at BB too.
So while i respect the concept of not changing cars, my FF just isnt working any longer to be competitive in the least.

I will disqualify myself from the results, but i am going to grab the McLaren tonight to race in. I've been eyeing it all year anyway and noone else seems to want it, so it's my seat tonight. Just need to find a livery.
Just closing and restarting GTS should work. It worked for me the other day.

I have a feeling that with pitstops and the short track, people will be fighting to stay on the lead lap kinda like Lime Rock. Pitstops are going to be a big strategy in this race.

***reminder***
qualifying should start at 7:50pm tonight eastern US time (23:50gmt; 00:50bst). you need to be in the room and on track when it begins to join the race.

it should be fun and give those oval experts a chance to show us how it’s done. (not quite an oval, but whatever :lol:)

on a side note:

@Rinsky @micantony Correct me if I'm wrong, but your allowed to switch to any available car anytime. You've used your Audi a majority of the season. I used three cars last year/season. No need to disqualify yourself.

Sorry if we missed you this month.

Dominant performance by Infineon!
back and forth for 2nd/3rd place
great battle for 4th-7th

running an “oval” was a whole different challenge. Well done Infineon.

we started with 10.
Sorry, I dont have a pic of the qualifying order. herimopp took pole.

Attachments

• 753EB98A-EC89-4DC6-A985-7F5A3C72688E.jpeg
    753EB98A-EC89-4DC6-A985-7F5A3C72688E.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6
  • B5B939F2-C17A-4468-A8FC-E484BAC216E6.jpeg
    B5B939F2-C17A-4468-A8FC-E484BAC216E6.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So you change October to Spa when it's in the game yet. I think you should swap Red Bull and Spa then. Allow more time to get use to Spa with GTS physics. Though honestly I think keep it for next year's 2.4h.

Last edited:
First I would like to say what a terrific job @micantony did at organizing and running the race. Thank you so much for giving me a break and letting me get my game sorted out.

Congratulations @Infineon what a dominant performance for the WIN.
I knew he was going to be strong here because he runs ovals in other leagues but I wasn't expecting him to just run away from everyone. Just know if I would have raced you would have kicked my ass too.

Thanks to everyone else who showed up to race and supported @micantony first time hosting.
I did pop back into the lobby with about 30 minutes left and watched the rest of the race. I love the fact I can view everyone from cockpit cam now.

So you change October to Spa when it's in the game yet. I think you should swap Red Bull and Spa then. Allow more time to get use to Spa with GTS physics. Though honestly I think keep it for next year's 2.4h.

Absolutely I changed Fuji with Spa.
Less practice puts everyone on a more even playing field for race day plus I'm saying this now anyone with a rear wheel drive car is going to need all the practice that can get for RB Ring in Heavy Rain.

Spa is the most requested track in GT and the moment I drop Spa into the title I fully expect this race to fill up fast because it will drop only a few days before our race next month if the reports coming from GT Planet are true. So people are going to be eager to race this track.

Our last 3 races are going to be extremely challenging.

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments. And awesome job by @micantony hosting the race.
I did not expect that outcome. I went into last night's race thinking the usual, starting dead last, finishing in the back, and being lapped a million times. So I went into the race with only one strategy, RS tires/fuel map=1/drive the wheels off the car LoL. I had some great battles with @micantony @Sheldonsuckz @fastone371. I was very nervous the whole race because even though I was in the lead, I never knew what position I was going to be in after my pit stops. The track was so short, I couldn't pay much attention to my laps times, or my fuel gauge until turn 3. If I glanced at my lap times after crossing the line, I was going to hit the wall in turn 1 LoL. Which I was very close to running out of fuel at the end of the race.
After watching the replay, it was a close battle to the very end between 4-7th place. Those guys put on one hell of race! @Racer283 @Cold Warrior @fastone371 @T5Black
Right around the 45 minute point of the race, my left leg was cramped up, I ended up just using my right leg to brake and gas (I normally use left for brake, right for gas) for the last half of the race.
Looking forward to next month's race with you guys! :cheers:

Because Spa is not in the game yet there are no race Settings.

Here is the Redbull Ring Heavy Wet Settings for the November race.

Practice up because your going to need it.

Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice Session
10 minute in game Qualifying Session
In game track time: 10:45 Heavy Rain
Fastest First set by Qualifying
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Tires- Heavy Wets only
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X4
No Assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No Wall Penalties with Heavy Damage On
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted off
Rolling Start.

Qualifying Settings

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear is same as race
Qualifying fuel is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 60sec
You only have 60 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

Last edited:
Because Spa is not in the game yet there are no race Settings.

Here is the Redbull Ring Heavy Wet Settings for the November race.

Practice up because your going to need it.

Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice Session
10 minute in game Qualifying Session
In game track time: 17:20 Heavy Rain
Fastest First set by Qualifying
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Tires- Heavy Wets only
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X4
No Assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No Wall Penalties with Heavy Damage On
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted off
Standing Starts

Qualifying Settings
Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear is same as race
Qualifying fuel is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 60sec
You only have 60 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.
Why x4 fuel?

Yes but, under real life conditions the racing organization wouldn't know it's going to rain to make these changes. Not even the people who's job it is to predict the weather can do that. The cars would show up with the same fuel compacity.

We change the fuel and tire settings all the time to match the track or conditions it's nothing new and you know that.

Fuel and tire wear is going to be the least of everyone's problem here. You car will lose control with no warning at all and once it does there is absolutely no saving it. Most people including myself will be making unscheduled pitstops due to contact or damage. One little lapse in judgment is all it takes.

When I said everyone needs the extra practice I really mean it.

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments. And awesome job by @micantony hosting the race.
I did not expect that outcome. I went into last night's race thinking the usual, starting dead last, finishing in the back, and being lapped a million times. So I went into the race with only one strategy, RS tires/fuel map=1/drive the wheels off the car LoL. I had some great battles with @micantony @Sheldonsuckz @fastone371. I was very nervous the whole race because even though I was in the lead, I never knew what position I was going to be in after my pit stops. The track was so short, I couldn't pay much attention to my laps times, or my fuel gauge until turn 3. If I glanced at my lap times after crossing the line, I was going to hit the wall in turn 1 LoL. Which I was very close to running out of fuel at the end of the race.
After watching the replay, it was a close battle to the very end between 4-7th place. Those guys put on one hell of race! @Racer283 @Cold Warrior @fastone371 @T5Black
Right around the 45 minute point of the race, my left leg was cramped up, I ended up just using my right leg to brake and gas (I normally use left for brake, right for gas) for the last half of the race.
Looking forward to next month's race with you guys! :cheers:

Great race!! I didnt want to race you hard being the leader and all but I couldnt afford to give up time to @T5Black and @Cold Warrior. It didnt matter in the end, I ran out of fuel on the last lap in the dog leg.

We change the fuel and tire settings all the time to match the track or conditions it's nothing new and you know that.

Fuel and tire wear is going to be the least of everyone's problem here. You car will lose control with no warning at all and once it does there is absolutely no saving it. Most people including myself will be making unscheduled pitstops due to contact or damage. One little lapse in judgment is all it takes.

When I said everyone needs the extra practice I really mean it.
You're really going to spend 2 months practicing for one race. Don't you have some historic cars to earn back?

A least be glad you have the Porsche for a RWD. Porsche car's are known to be good in rain for a RWD that is. Plus FR is generally considered the worst drivetrain for wet conditions.

Best to worst 4WD, FF, RR, MR, FR for wet conditions. Though the car's stable ability, mechanical grip, and downforce are also a factor.

One other wet conditions note. Because it's harder to gain an advantage in the turns in wet conditions. Straightway speed tends to be even more important in rain.

You're really going to spend 2 months practicing for one race. Don't you have some historic cars to earn back?

It's up to you on how much time you spend on practicing.
It is what it is...The Spa update has not dropped yet so there is no way to practice for it. This is being done 100% by design. Not only will the limited practice make everything a little more competitive it will also bring a stacked lobby.
How do I know this? Because we have already done it twice this year. The January race at Barcelona-Catalunya and the July 6th race at Sardegna - Road Track A.
Both tracks dropped right before our scheduled Saturday race - both races were very competitive - both races had people waiting to get in because the locations were very very new to the game.

Edit:
I'm also going to see how many people want to do some scheduled practices. Everyone really needs to have other racers on the track to get a feeling on just how different racing in the rain is going to be around others while trying to race clean.

Last edited:
It's up to you on how much time you spend on practicing.
It is what it is...The Spa update has not dropped yet so there is no way to practice for it. This is being done 100% by design. Not only will the limited practice make everything a little more competitive it will also bring a stacked lobby.
How do I know this? Because we have already done it twice this year. The January race at Barcelona-Catalunya and the July 6th race at Sardegna - Road Track A.
Both tracks dropped right before our scheduled Saturday race - both races were very competitive - both races had people waiting to get in because the locations were very very new to the game.
Did you even test fuel mileage before you decided on x4? Because I did. And feel it's to much. Here are my finds.

I did a 10 lap race against AI at Red Bull using the 17:30 Rain time. I doubled both fuel and tires to x8 to get a pit stop in.

First note the 17:30 Rain time slot is not considered full wet conditions. The AI race on Intermediates. And Intermediates are quite a bit faster then Heavy Wets even on a RWD. Both 4:45 and 10:45 time slots are Heavy Wets if you want full wet conditions.

Second note. You seem to forget that Red Bull is a stop and go style course. And is terrible on fuel mileage. On x8 I only managed only 6 laps with .04 of a lap remaining as I entered. Which took about 11 minutes and 20 seconds. So double the laps and time. That would about 12 laps maybe 13 with some minor fuel savings. And about 23 minutes. I will remind that the Corvette is on of the worst in the class on fuel.

Third note. Tire wear is very with these conditions. I learned this because the AI did not change their tires during their pit stops and I lose a lot of positions. The Heavy Wets wore slightly faster than Intermediates because it is still a bit too dry from them but, still less dry racing tires.

Last edited:
Checked Red Bull on the fuel consumption charts on GTP. Red Bull Ring will be 2nd worst place we've raced on fuel mileage. Red Bull Ring 0.97x. And apparently Catalunya 0.95x is the worst. That one surprised me. I didn't think Catalunya would take that claim.

Did you even test fuel mileage before you decided on x4? Because I did. And feel it's to much. Here are my finds.

This is my first time ever running a league. Your suppose to test the Settings beforehand. I didn't know that :banghead:

It is the 10:45 time slot and not 17:20 and should look like this photo.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190903143633.jpg

I am at work and not in front of my Playstation to look at the exact times.

Everything else is correct and x4 on both fuel and tires are your Settings for this race.

This is my first time ever running a league. Your suppose to test the Settings beforehand. I didn't know that :banghead:

It is the 10:45 time slot and not 17:20 and should look like this photo.

View attachment 849451

I am at work and not in front of my Playstation to look at the exact times.

Everything else is correct and x4 on both fuel and tires are your Settings for this race.
Yes, the one with very gray cloudy skies. I thought you would have when for the 4:45 slot. You seem to like racing the odd hours time slots.

Back