MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments

Gr.4 Megane Trophy

Upcoming car change for the 2019 season

There has been alot of talk concerning the Gr.4 Megane Trophy and if it should be banned from this Series due to it's dominance over every other Gr.4 car on almost all tracks.

I have received messages from many people on this topic and rightfully so. In the hands of a top driver this car is becomes an unfair advantage seen by most. So many people have asked what my course of action will be concerning this car for the upcoming 2019 season.

I have a few options that I can take.

#1 Remove the Megane Trophy from competition altogether.

#2 Put a handicap on the car for the entire season making winning a more difficult job.

#3 Give this car to the person who had the worst overall performance throughout the 2018 season. Someone who would benefit from having an extra boost to help the become more competitive but won't run away winning a majority of the races if any.

My decision is option #3 because It's always my goal to help our races become more competitive if at all possible.

This decision will not automatically make someone better overnight. The Megane Trophy can be a very tail happy car with TC off so it has the ability to bite you just as much as help you. It will be up to the individual to practice and learn how it drives should they decide to use it.
Should the person decide not to use the Megane Trophy it will not go to the available Gr.4 car list...Actually it will never go on that list.
We will continue to use the car in this manner to help people out until we see dramatic improvements in the user's performance or until the car gets the correct BOP adjustments it so desperately needs. Like always I will monitor the situation and if it doesn't appear to be helping or becomes a problem among other racers then the #1 option will become my next course of action.

@Infineon will be the owner of the Megane Trophy for the 2019 season. Infineon has raced with us from the beginning and for every race. He had some very bad luck in 2018 along with the growing pains of moving from the DS4 to a wheel. His overall performance for 2018 season qualifies him as the 1st person in line for the Megane Trophy and I feel no one is more deserving due to his dedication for not giving up and continuing to race and learn from everyone here.

Any questions feel free to ask.​
@Rinsky @micantony I think it's time for me to switch cars. Here are my keys to the Trophy. Thank you for letting me use it to improve. I'd like to start using the Citroen please :cheers:

Last edited:
Best to worst 4WD, FF, RR, MR, FR for wet conditions.

I respectfully disagree with you while yes 4wd does have an advantage, i feel that the FF cars will be terrible because that is an awful lot for a front tires to do accelerate, brake and turn. i for one feel that the FR MR & RR cars will shine all the same. I am simply just going of what i found out from driving a front wheel drive car in the rain and rear wheel drives.

But in all honesty it all comes down to driver style and preference.

we had this discussion in another league that i am in about the rain. some people feel it is more based on luck and not driver skill. but we shall see it will be a great race either way. Too bad we can't look the camera in the cockpit view.

now had we been talking about snow then rain i would totally agree with you.

@Rinsky @micantony I think it's time for me to switch cars. Here are my keys to the Trophy. Thank you for letting me use it to improve. I'd like to start using the Citroen please :cheers:

I am considering doing the same. The last 2 races I have tried different cars after the monthly race and I was lapping about 1 second quicker than I could with the Aston. I cant remember when the last physics update was but it seems like the last time I was competitive was our race at Suzuka.

I will make the change for you :cheers:
I'm glad the Megane Trophy did its job and was really beneficial for you.
However I don't feel that because you won one race that means you should drop the car immediately.
There are always other factors that play into it.
Like would we have won our races with a stacked lobby ? We will never know for sure but it definitely played a factor that we only had 8 people in each race.

Also like I've said many many times each track has a dominant Gr.4 car and the Megane Trophy is one of them but it's not the only dominant car for BB Raceway. The Mitsubishi is the go to car when this track comes up in Sport Mode over the Megane.
Also just because you have the Go To car for a certain track doesn't automatically guaranteed a win because you must also be good enough to put it there.

I will make the change for you but once I do the Megane Trophy is not going on the Available car list even though I feel it's been nerfed enough over multiple updates now.
It will suck at Spa, it will suck in the rain and it definitely sucks at the Nurburgring because it bottoms out there. So I feel your timing is probably a good one to drop it.

I am considering doing the same. The last 2 races I have tried different cars after the monthly race and I was lapping about 1 second quicker than I could with the Aston. I cant remember when the last physics update was but it seems like the last time I was competitive was our race at Suzuka.

Just let me know. 6 cars became available as of yesterday so grab them while you can before I post we are racing Spa in the main title.

I respectfully disagree with you while yes 4wd does have an advantage, i feel that the FF cars will be terrible because that is an awful lot for a front tires to do accelerate, brake and turn. i for one feel that the FR MR & RR cars will shine all the same. I am simply just going of what i found out from driving a front wheel drive car in the rain and rear wheel drives.

But in all honesty it all comes down to driver style and preference.

we had this discussion in another league that i am in about the rain. some people feel it is more based on luck and not driver skill. but we shall see it will be a great race either way. Too bad we can't look the camera in the cockpit view.

now had we been talking about snow then rain i would totally agree with you.
I'm going by professional racing. Tire wear won't be a problem especially with x4 fuel. The Corvette is terrible on it's front tires and I had very little wear. Tire wear is low you'll be able to get away with to only once. Yes driver skill and preferences matter a lot and can make up for disadvantages. FF advantages isn't as extreme as 4WD in rain. Traction is important in and understeer isn't a bad thing in the rain. Having the heavy engine over the drive wheel

I'm going by professional racing. Tire wear won't be a problem especially with x4 fuel. The Corvette is terrible on it's front tires and I had very little wear. Tire wear is low you'll be able to get away with to only once. Yes driver skill and preferences matter a lot and can make up for disadvantages. FF advantages isn't as extreme as 4WD in rain. Traction is important in and understeer isn't a bad thing in the rain. Having the heavy engine over the drive wheel

I'll be honest I dont watch much racing anymore as my weekends are always busy with two little one running around. So I wouldnt know that at all. I just know that i prefer to use a rear wheel drive car for rain as it's that fastest for me.

The Aston Martin is a good car I would keep. Don't judge it by Oval BOP. Gr.4 Oval BOP needs adjustments.

I will make the change for you :cheers:
I'm glad the Megane Trophy did its job and was really beneficial for you.
However I don't feel that because you won one race that means you should drop the car immediately.
There are always other factors that play into it.
Like would we have won our races with a stacked lobby ? We will never know for sure but it definitely played a factor that we only had 8 people in each race.

Also like I've said many many times each track has a dominant Gr.4 car and the Megane Trophy is one of them but it's not the only dominant car for BB Raceway. The Mitsubishi is the go to car when this track comes up in Sport Mode over the Megane.
Also just because you have the Go To car for a certain track doesn't automatically guaranteed a win because you must also be good enough to put it there.

I will make the change for you but once I do the Megane Trophy is not going on the Available car list even though I feel it's been nerfed enough over multiple updates now.
It will suck at Spa, it will suck in the rain and it definitely sucks at the Nurburgring because it bottoms out there. So I feel your timing is probably a good one to drop it.

Just let me know. 6 cars became available as of yesterday so grab them while you can before I post we are racing Spa in the main title.

Unfortunately it will be a couple of days before I get a chance to log on again, I gotta try some cars out first. Is the RCZ FF, FR, or MR???

@Rinsky I'd like to continue using the Hyundai for next race. I know I've missed a few races but sometimes life gets in the way. I will try my best to make this race and will be sure to alert beforehand if I'm not going to make it.

Not a problem the Hyundai is yours again.

Mr. Rinsky, Im going to go off the reservation here and select the McLaren for my new car, I have nothing to lose. I cant finish any worst than last like I have been anyways. Thank you

I know @micantony used the McLaren at BB Raceway but I'm not positive if he wanted it to be a permanent switch or just for that race. I think it was just a one race swap.

I'm putting you down for the McLaren but there is a slight chance he will still have a claim on it. I asked him about a yesterday but haven't got a response yet.

I definitely plan on racing Spa next month. I'll take the Lexus which I had once before. Handles quick nice and 7th gear for fuel savings.

Putting you down for the Lexus but please stay for the entire race this time.

Only one Spot remains open at this time.

Member/Car list

1. racer233 - NSX
2. Venster - Toyota
3. RINSKY - Porsche
4. micantony - Audi
5. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
6. fastone371 - McLaren
7. Cold Warrior - Corvette
8. GTP_Guido - Mitsubishi
9. T5BLACK- Lamborghini
10. Sheldonsuckz - Jaguar
11. Herimopp89 - Mercedes
12. Infineon- Citroen
13. Rob Pardun - Mustang
14. Standard_FV- Hyundai
15. Desertpenguin - Lexus
-----------Cut Off Line------------

Last edited:
Organized Practices

The best time for me to hold organized practices for the Redbull Ring in Heavy Rain will be on Tuesdays between the hours of 2:00 to 4:00pm EST
Below are the dates I will hold these practices.

Tue - Sept 17th 2:00pm to 4:00pm EST

Tue - Sept 24th 2:00pm to 4:00pm EST

Tue - Oct 8th 2:00pm to 4:00pm EST

Tue - Oct 22nd 2:00pm to 4:00pm EST

For those of you who know the time and days posted will not fit your schedule please feel free to hold your own organized practices that will better meet your needs.

For the best possible turn out please give plenty of notice on those times and days that you will be holding your practice sessions on.

Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice Session
10 minute in game Qualifying Session
In game track time: 10:45 Heavy Rain
Fastest First set by Qualifying
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Tires- Heavy Wets only
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X4
No Assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No Wall Penalties with Heavy Damage On
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted off
Standing Starts

Qualifying Settings

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear is same as race
Qualifying fuel is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 60sec
You only have 60 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

I tried the McLaren at Autopolis for a few laps last night. I was highly disappointed to discover I was running the same lap times as I had with the Aston and RS tires. Then I discovered I had RH tires on the McLaren, pretty much instantly I was 2 seconds faster than in the Aston. With more laps I think I can find even more time.

I tried the McLaren at Autopolis for a few laps last night. I was highly disappointed to discover I was running the same lap times as I had with the Aston and RS tires. Then I discovered I had RH tires on the McLaren, pretty much instantly I was 2 seconds faster than in the Aston. With more laps I think I can find even more time.
Wow. The Aston Martin was one of best cars in the class at some point. How much did they ruin it.

It will be good to have you back in the mix again.

It will be good to have you back in the mix again.

I sure hope it helps me be a little more competitive.

For whats worth I also ran a few laps at BB Raceway and I was a solid 5-6/10ths faster there too. I would be interested in hearing some feedback from anyone who has a chance to try the Aston and see if it really is relatively slow or if its just me.

Last edited:
I sure hope it helps me be a little more competitive.

For whats worth I also ran a few laps at BB Raceway and I was a solid 5-6/10ths faster there too. I would be interested in hearing some feedback from anyone who has a chance to try the Aston and see if it really is relatively slow or if its just me.
Iv used it at the current Race-C in sport mode. It's pretty quick there.

2020 MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series Final Season.

The 2020 Schedule will mark the 3rd and Final Year for our Series on GTSport.
We will look at resuming our Series once the PS5 and GT7 have been out for a few months.

The 2020 season will have some new changes to the format starting with the biggest. We will now be racing the Gr.3 & Gr.4 classes in alternating months.
The Gr.4 class will continue to race at locations we have not yet visited but the Gr.3 class is open to all locations in the game.

There will not be a Car Selection Process for our final season.
There will also be no limit on how many cars from the same Manufacturer can be used. However once you have chosen a Manufacturer for the season then you must stay with that Manufacturer for the entire year.
Some Manufacturers have more than two cars and you can use any car under the Manufacturer that you have chosen.

(Example only)

January 4th - Gr.4 at Mount Panorama

February 1st - Gr.3 at SPA

March 7th - Gr.4 at Fuji Speedway GT

April 4th - Gr.3 at LeMans

May 2nd - Gr.4 Brands Hatch

June 6th - Gr.3 ?

July 4th - Gr.4 at Redbull Ring/Dry

August 1st - Gr.3

September 5th - Gr.4

October 3rd - Gr.3

November 7th - Gr.4

December 5th - Gr.3

I will try to give everyone the opportunity to pick one track location. It's up to you if its a Gr.4 or Gr.3 location.
Also keep in mind that any track location can be replaced if a more sought after location is added in an update. Nothing will be changed without the consent of the majority.

The next big change is I need help for the 2020 season and I want to bring someone else along to run & host all the Gr.3 races for the 2020 season. This person will be responsible for the Gr.3 race settings for each track and then hosting the event. Both classes will run under the same MSN rule book to keep everything consistent & manageable.
I will be running all the Gr.4 races just like before and it will also be my responsibility to keep the front page post updated at all times.

If you are interested in running and hosting all (six) Gr.3 races for the 2020 season and can make that kind of comment then please send me a Private Message to discuss our options

Last edited:
@Rinsky
After further consideration, I’d like to give the Aston Martin a go.
I think I’m done with this FF nonsense and ready to go back to a normal driving car.
I tried the Aston at Nurb and liked how it felt. Very smooth 👍

I may regret this during my multiple spin outs at Red Bull Ring.
@fastone371
I dont have much to compare it to, so not sure my results will help you determine anything.

Im just ready for a change too.

@Rinsky
After further consideration, I’d like to give the Aston Martin a go.
I think I’m done with this FF nonsense and ready to go back to a normal driving car.
I tried the Aston at Nurb and liked how it felt. Very smooth 👍

I may regret this during my multiple spin outs at Red Bull Ring.
@fastone371
I dont have much to compare it to, so not sure my results will help you determine anything.

Im just ready for a change too.

You now have the Aston Martin 👍

I have opened my own forum to run some ideas I have had before GTS is taken offline. Events will vary by car classes and by type though many will be endurance races. Events will be non conflicting Saturday's to @Rinsky League.

My first event in spirit of Halloween will not be for the faint hearted.

2 Hours Night Of Green Hell

A 2 hour night at the Nurburgring 24h with Gr.3 Class. This event is inspired by night portion of the 24 hours of the Nurburgring. GT3 Class cars which Gr.3 is based of are the top class cars allowed for the real Nurburgring 24 Hours.

Basic Details

Sat Oct 19th
Practice/Qualifying 6:30pm EDT
Race Start 7:35pm EDT
Race 2 Hours
Rolling Start
Nurburgring 24h 22:30
Gr.3 With BOP
Only 2 Cars Per Manufacturer
Tuning Allowed
Tires x10 Fuel x2
RH, RM, RS
Heavy Damage
Real Settings

More details in forum

Here is the link to my forum for anyone who is interested. And yes I asked @Rinsky if I could advertise in his forum.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-gr-3-sat-oct-19th-opens-6-30pm-edt.389789/

I have opened my own forum to run some ideas I have had before GTS is taken offline. Events will vary by car classes and by type though many will be endurance races. Events will be non conflicting Saturday's to @Rinsky League.

My first event in spirit of Halloween will not be for the faint hearted.

2 Hours Night Of Green Hell

A 2 hour night at the Nurburgring 24h with Gr.3 Class. This event is inspired by night portion of the 24 hours of the Nurburgring. GT3 Class cars which Gr.3 is based of are the top class cars allowed for the real Nurburgring 24 Hours.

Basic Details

Sat Oct 19th
Practice/Qualifying 6:30pm EDT
Race Start 7:35pm EDT
Race 2 Hours
Rolling Start
Nurburgring 24h 22:30
Gr.3 With BOP
Only 2 Cars Per Manufacturer
Tuning Allowed
Tires x10 Fuel x2
RH, RM, RS
Heavy Damage
Real Settings

More details in forum

Here is the link to my forum for anyone who is interested. And yes I asked @Rinsky if I could advertise in his forum.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-gr-3-sat-oct-19th-opens-6-30pm-edt.389789/

Looks like fun to bad I just don't have enough free time say I can join in on it.

Back