MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I should be okay for next one. Enjoying these so far. I quite liked I didn’t know what track till I entered the lobby, I will admit I do struggle a bit with turn up and be quick though! But still all good.

Hello RINSKY. Reconfirming my email again worked. I can now post.

I'm going to suggest we go on a world tour with these races. Make a stop in each country but, since there are only countries 9 with a race track in GT Sport as of now. Someone lucky country gets 2 races. Europe would get 5 races. So the extra race should go to ether US or Japan.

Hello RINSKY. Reconfirming my email again worked. I can now post.

I'm going to suggest we go on a world tour with these races. Make a stop in each country but, since there are only countries 9 with a race track in GT Sport as of now. Someone lucky country gets 2 races. Europe would get 5 races. So the extra race should go to ether US or Japan.

Good I'm glad that worked. Sounds good about the countries. I will mix the order up just so there is no pattern to it.

Hey I noticed that you said 12 races a season. But, you started in April and planned the Nurburgring 24h in December which you want as the last race. That's only 8 Races. So are you planning for 8 races or 12 races?

Hey I noticed that you said 12 races a season. But, you started in April and planned the Nurburgring 24h in December which you want as the last race. That's only 8 Races. So are you planning for 8 races or 12 races?

Well this season will only be 8 races because we started in April. But the next season will start in January and end in December for a total of 12 races.
Running this 1.5hr endurance race seems to be working out perfectly once a month as most of our members are involved in other events throughout the rest of each month.

I don't want to try and fit 12 races in this year as it will cause a conflict with other events.

You could just begin seasons in April and end in March.

I could but we got to go through January either way so I might as well start a new season. Plus everyone will be ready for a car swap by then.

....... goes off to practice Nürburgring, probably need 8 months practice on that!!

I don't think anyone can practice on that track enough. It's a very hard track to (should I even say) Master or is that even possible. :)

I thought it was fitting as everyone knew the first track so everyone should know the last one too.

And for the record. I have been racing at the Nurburgring North Course since Gran Turismo 4. I know the course. I would just need some laps to get use my car. I actually struggle more on the Nurburgring GP course.

Because GTS is continually changing with updates so will our race. Now that the Blue Flag warning has been added for lap traffic we will no longer be using ghosting for lap traffic in most of our race's.
I like the ghost option but it has one big flaw. When a lead car gets close to lapping you not only do you become a ghost car to them but you become a ghost to everyone including the people your racing for position. This allows anyone to drive through you while a lead car is around.

There still might be a few tracks that benefit from the ghost option being used but for the most part it will remain off unless it becomes a huge issue and needs to be brought back.

If you see the Blue Flag Warning and you are about to get lapped then you must yield and move out of the way to let the lead car by.
Unless it is the very last lap of the race or it will cause you to lose a position to the person behind you on the same lap.

Last edited:
I'm running one tonight starting at 6:00pm EST. An hour from now
Sadly, I am at work.

Now, if the schedule were to change and push all the races one week out they would be on my days off...since I only have to work every other Saturday night. Lol:D

When do us "rookies" become privy to the next track we will race on in June, the 2nd I think??? I need all the practice I can get so I am not lapped up in the first 5 minutes.

When do us "rookies" become privy to the next track we will race on in June, the 2nd I think??? I need all the practice I can get so I am not lapped up in the first 5 minutes.

If you promise your not an alien and won't be lapping us in 30 minutes I have no problem giving you the track location because your new. We have some very fast people in our race. I run about a second to a second and a half slower than the top ten times depending on the track and they still lap me every race.:lol:

I also need your PSN so I can add you to my friends list

Last edited:
If you promise your not an alien and won't be lapping us in 30 minutes I have no problem giving you the track location because your new. We have some very fast people in our race. I run about a second to a second and a half slower than the top ten times depending on the track and they still lap me every race.:lol:

I also need your PSN so I can add you to my friends list

fastone371. DR 21000 that's about as high as it's ever been. I won't be lapping anyone unless they get disconnected. My goal is to finish within a lap of last My SR used to be an S but I got tired of getting forced off track or intentionally pushed into walls, I started pushing back in the last week or 2. I will drive respectively like I normally do as I assume there won't be any dive bombers in your race. I have no issue moving over for faster cars and rather than force passes I prefer to follow hoping my opponent opens the door for me to make a clean pass, unfortunately I'm usually the doorman :banghead:

Last edited:
fastone371. DR 21000 that's about as high as it's ever been. I won't be lapping anyone unless they get disconnected. My goal is to finish within a lap of last

You will do just fine. There are a quite a few members in this group that are in your range including me so you will have people to race against. My DR is B at 14000 but I've only done 54 sport mode race's as I stay in the lobbies most of the time.

Agree with the ghosting off for lapped cars. It ghosts them far too early and ruin some cars battle because of it. I came up to lap a few cars and it ghosted them very early, and it’s not like you just cruise right past it might take a lap or two to get through and all the while the car is ghosted, not fair on them.

Also it kind of ruins the realism a bit.

One thing I would say is it shows blue flags very early, so if you see them I suggest you wait till the guy/girl behind is about a car length ish before conceding, and maybe a couple of courtesy light flashes from the driver behind.

No aids except ABS are allowed, is that correct?

Correct no aids except abs, or racing lines cone markers etc.

Also to add, the races have damage enabled. It’s not like in the fia races it doesn’t disappear after half a lap it can only get fixed in the pits. It’s important to take the first few corners cautiously as damage there can be a race ruined right from the start.

Last edited:
Correct no aids except abs, or racing lines cone markers etc.

Also to add, the races have damage enabled. It’s not like in the fia races it doesn’t disappear after half a lap it can only get fixed in the pits. It’s important to take the first few corners cautiously as damage there can be a race ruined right from the start.

Thank you for the info. Do you know tire wear and fuel settings??

I do request that we can make at least 2 Laps on fuel at the Nurburgring 24h course. Having to pit every lap would just ruin it strategy wise. Plus I would like to make use of the pit straight for more than the first and last lap.

Back