MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I didn't mean as an overall thing in just referring to this league. I've been a long time NASCAR fan so I know how much skill is really involved. I've also done my far share of local oval racing when I was younger. But this league and GTS in general is not built around oval racing. Not enough to make it fun for me.

View attachment 739204

I approve of your choice of number

I approve of your choice of number

I was so proud of that car. We build it from a nice car to start off with so in that photo it was a new never been raced race car. They only look like that once.
I also had a figure 8 car just like it but it was a 4 door and it looked like a crushed beer can :lol:.
Fun times but even at that level of racing it cost a Fortune to operate and maintain 2 race cars.

I was so proud of that car. We build it from a nice car to start off with so in that photo it was a new never been raced race car. They only look like that once.
I also had a figure 8 car just like it but it was a 4 door and it looked like a crushed beer can :lol:.
Fun times but even at that level of racing it cost a Fortune to operate and maintain 2 race cars.

Yep, that’s why I gave up on my racing dreams and am saving my disposable income (which I have notably less of now I bought a house) for a classic/fun street car instead which I’ll get much more use out of

Find a car that's worth $500 or less and race in the 24 Hours of Lemons.

It would cost more to fly to New Zealand and have the car shipped than it would cost for the car itself. Buying a car their and paying someone to put in a roll cage probably won't be cheap either. Finding a ready to go race car for that event would be ideal but wouldn't come cheap i wouldn't think. But you never know.

It would cost more to fly to New Zealand and have the car shipped than it would cost for the car itself. Buying a car their and paying someone to put in a roll cage probably won't be cheap either. Finding a ready to go race car for that event would be ideal but wouldn't come cheap i wouldn't think. But you never know.

I assume he meant a LeMons race in US. Or Chumpcar, which actually take place in Canada as well. Still too organized for me.

The cheapest form of racing up here is Enduro, which is basically 140 cars on a 1/3rd mile track for 200 laps and you just have to survive. You can easily do that for ~$1000 (since you don’t need a cage, basically the cars are just stripped and a single horizontal roll bar welded in and bumpers chained up and a kill switch, sometimes a fuel cell. Don’t even need a fire suit) but you won’t get any of that money back, since only the top 20 get prize money, can’t justify that expense really. Plus I’d have to rent a trailer. Also it’s barely racing. It’s basically a demo derby on a track.

I’m getting less into racing in general as I get older though, other than in video games. I prefer just driving.

Last edited:
I also disagree that ovals are easier than road courses. Oval are less turns which the turns than exist more important to learn and master. And I find Northern Isle Speedway and BB Raceway to be pretty difficult tracks by themselves. Then throw in race traffic. Blue Moon Bay Speedway is not difficult by yourself but, requires skill and knowledge of slipstreaming (aka drafting).
And Cars of different performance on ovals can be interesting. The more power cars are faster on track but, will use more fuel. Which means less time in the pits. I learn that from the 150 miles Super Speedway race in GT4 with the prototypes.
One more thing. There is only so much skill can make up for even on a road course. Good try to win a none one make Gr.4 with the Alfa Romeo 4C at Monza or some other road course of that nature in a competitive field.

I'm blessed to have two road racing tracks near me. Tons of dirt oval tracks and I guess tracks where they pull stuff with their trucks. Lots of diesel trucks around me.

My ultimate goal is to buy either a C5 or C6 Vette and go to the open track days. I just want to hot lap against myself and get better as I go.

I grew up in the "ricer" era. So I/H/E and springs, you were considered modded. :lol:

This time around I'll be focusing on suspension, tires and cooling.

I assume he meant a LeMons race in US. Or Chumpcar, which actually take place in Canada as well. Still too organized for me.

The cheapest form of racing up here is Enduro, which is basically 140 cars on a 1/3rd mile track for 200 laps and you just have to survive. You can easily do that for ~$1000 (since you don’t need a cage, basically the cars are just stripped and a single horizontal roll bar welded in and bumpers chained up and a kill switch, sometimes a fuel cell. Don’t even need a fire suit) but you won’t get any of that money back, since only the top 20 get prize money, can’t justify that expense really. Plus I’d have to rent a trailer. Also it’s barely racing. It’s basically a demo derby on a track.

I’m getting less into racing in general as I get older though, other than in video games. I prefer just driving.
Yes I meant 24 Hours of LeMons races. The m uncapitolize it's in posted it. The organization's name is meant as a parody of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. They run few races throughout the year one of them being a full 24 hour race. Cars must have a value of no more than $500. A roll cage and harness seat must be installed.

I'm blessed to have two road racing tracks near me. Tons of dirt oval tracks and I guess tracks where they pull stuff with their trucks. Lots of diesel trucks around me.

My ultimate goal is to buy either a C5 or C6 Vette and go to the open track days. I just want to hot lap against myself and get better as I go.

I grew up in the "ricer" era. So I/H/E and springs, you were considered modded. :lol:

This time around I'll be focusing on suspension, tires and cooling.

I live right down the road from the Corvette Plant and the new NCM Motorsport Park where they test those awesome cars. I was still doing track days on my Ducati at NCM until my daughter was born but have decided to stop riding now after 35 years.

20160715_102100.jpg

Every once in awhile you catch them testing out the new Mid Engine Corvette on the track in full camouflage of course. I can't wait to see it in final production.

On another completely unrelated note has anyone ever looked up the address for contacting GTPLANET.NET?

GTPlanet Networks
P.O. Box 755
London, KY 40743

I was really! That is really close to me as well. Just thought it was funny since most people on here are not from the US and especially not from the backwoods of Kentucky.

Every once in awhile you catch them testing out the new Mid Engine Corvette on the track in full camouflage of course. I can't wait to see it in final production.

Are you confirming the new Vette will indeed be Mid Engine?!?!?! There are die hards (not me) who will not believe reports out there. Even though there are pics and videos of it running around.

I too stepped out of the game once I started having kids. Five of them to be exact. My youngest will turn 1 this Friday. I've had to put plans on hold for the time being. No complaints though, all worth it at the end.

Are you confirming the new Vette will indeed be Mid Engine?!?!?! There are die hards (not me) who will not believe reports out there. Even though there are pics and videos of it running around.

I too stepped out of the game once I started having kids. Five of them to be exact. My youngest will turn 1 this Friday. I've had to put plans on hold for the time being. No complaints though, all worth it at the end.

I can't confirm if the new Vettes will be a Mid Engine only or if they just plan on running a limited number of them but I can confirm they are testing them out. The people driving them are not shy about telling you its the new mid-engine Corvette as well. It's not uncommon to see them at the gas station filling up on pump gas before they head to the track. They are however keeping a tight lip on what GM's plans are.

5 wow. Happy Birthday to your youngest. My little girl turns 1 in July and my little boy will be born in November.

Find a car that's worth $500 or less and race in the 24 Hours of Lemons.

My kid has a Lemons car. Been racing it for 2 seasons I think. They have 1 win to their credit so far, it took a pretty good hit last year, Im not sure it is salvageable. I did the cage and various other things on it for them. For someone like me that has the equipment and experience I think I could build an extremely competitive car on a cheap dollar budget but at the same time I dont think it would really be fair to the other guys who dont have the same luxuries so to speak.

How do I find the racing lobby for Saturday nights race?? If I am online will I get a message? Do I need to make sure that my setting is not on "appear offline"??? 6pm is when open practice starts, race at 7pm EST???

dibs
If that's possible

I don't know anything about this car yet so at this time and our June 2nd race it will remain unavailable until some testing can be done.

How do I find the racing lobby for Saturday nights race?? If I am online will I get a message? Do I need to make sure that my setting is not on "appear offline"??? 6pm is when open practice starts, race at 7pm EST???

You will see a blue icon above the lobbies in GTS. This will let you know you have a friend in a lobby and on June 2nd at 7:00pm EST it will be me and this event. Go into the lobby select friends only and join in. It will not matter if you appear on or offline.

When an update comes and nerfs a car that you are driving I have always allowed that person the opportunity to switch to an available Gr.4 car if they choose to do so.
In this update @Alpha Cipher Lexus got a reduction of power so he has requested the new Gr.4 Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11

dibs
If that's possible

Your request has been granted and your are now the proud owner of the Gr.4 Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11

The Gr.4 Toyota 86 has also had a reduction in power. @Hasse R or DirtenDK you have the option to switch to an available Gr.4 car if you wish to do so.

Gr.4 Class
・Audi TT Cup '16 [Power Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Lexus RC F Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 [Power Ratio : 93% > 94%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Power Ratio : 87%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111%]
・Toyota 86 Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 99% > 98%]

A few of us got a much needed bump in power like my Porsche :bowdown:

Also keep in mind everyone's fuel mileage has been adjusted. I have not had time to test it out yet to know if it helped or hurt us.

When an update comes and nerfs a car that you are driving I have always allowed that person the opportunity to switch to an available Gr.4 car if they choose to do so.
In this update @Alpha Cipher Lexus got a reduction of power so he has requested the new Gr.4 Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11

Your request has been granted and your are now the proud owner of the Gr.4 Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11

The Gr.4 Toyota 86 has also had a reduction in power. @Hasse R or DirtenDK you have the option to switch to an available Gr.4 car if you wish to do so.

Gr.4 Class
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Power Ratio : 87%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111%]

Also keep in mind everyone's fuel mileage has been adjusted. I have not had time to test it out yet to know if it helped or hurt us.

Gr.4 Class

It's ok. I really, really like how the 86 goes. :)

So I could of changed the Atenza last time? Not sure I would of though, only other I would be potentially interested in is the Ferrari but Infineon is in that.

The idea of these power and weight is to get the cars closer in performance. I think you should try your car before you change it.

So I could of changed the Atenza last time? Not sure I would of though, only other I would be potentially interested in is the Ferrari but Infineon is in that.

Yes you could have but the list of popular cars people want is really thin now. Most of them chosen now would probably be because of brand loyalty to someone.

Back