MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I don't think it's necessary to lower tire wear with RM and RH as options. Plus the tire fall off will keep strategies fun. I believe you well lose a lap pitting here.

Since everyone will get a power boost with the Oval BOP. I'm more interested in how that will effect fuel mileage.

There's a separate BOP for ovals? no ****
For Gr.3 and Gr.4 classes. Yes there is a separate BOP for ovals. It mostly boosts everyone's hp along with some other changes. All car settings are locked even with if tuning is allowed. Even brakes are locked for why I don't know. I've have never seen GT Sport Mode run Gr.4 at an oval so I don't what to expect from this class.

For Gr.3 and Gr.4 classes. Yes there is a separate BOP for ovals. It mostly boosts everyone's hp along with some other changes. All car settings are locked even with if tuning is allowed. Even brakes are locked for why I don't know. I've have never seen GT Sport Mode run Gr.4 at an oval so I don't what to expect from this class.
Last gr4 oval in sport mode iv participated in, was at BMB and the EVO was the go-to car at the time.

Last gr4 oval in sport mode iv participated in, was at BMB and the EVO was the go-to car at the time.
That was most likely a Gr.3 race you remember. They visit Blue Moon Bay Speedway a lot. I know the Gr.3 Lancer Evo was the best oval car for a while. That seems to change every update.

I have played this game since release and I have yet to see a Gr.4 oval race in GT Sport Mode. The only reason I know the Gr.4 Oval BOP is because you use it for offline time trials, single races, and custom races. All cars get a power boost but, it's a little different than how with the Gr.3 Oval BOP works.

Last edited:
I’ve never done a Gr.4 oval race with BOP on so I have no idea what cars will be good. I can guarantee it’ll be even more torturous for tire wear than usual for anything front wheel drive or all wheel drive though.

I’ve never done a Gr.4 oval race with BOP on so I have no idea what cars will be good. I can guarantee it’ll be even more torturous for tire wear than usual for anything front wheel drive or all wheel drive though.
I have experimented Gr.4 Oval BOP with AI but, that's with the AI.

Without testing, i can tell you the tire multiplier should be as low as possible. :sly:

It's almost perfect at x4 here. No Matter what car you drive the right side will definitely wear out faster than the left side. RH RM can be used also without a serious drop off in lap times like other tracks.

Mr. Rinsky, I think I would like to change cars to the EVO please if available. No particular reason for the swap, I just wanna try something new is all, really. :D:D:D:D:D

@GTP_Guido has had the EVO since he joined us around 6 months ago. I think the Subaru is still available if your looking for the characteristics like the EVO..

I did some testing at BB Raceway with BOP to help out. As well my own curiosity. I feel x4 tire is fine. RH tires may have use for once this season. As for fuel.

I would recommend to change fuel to x2. Fuel at x3 my car ran 27 laps on fuel. About was about 15 minute fuel run. With at x2 my car ran 41 laps on fuel. Which was about 21 minute fuel run.

Oh, you will go down almost 2 laps to take on a full fuel load. To get in make your stop and get out and up to speed is about a 50 second pit stop. I'm getting Gr.4 get laps between mid 29s to low 31s depending on tire type and how worn they are.

It's almost perfect at x4 here. No Matter what car you drive the right side will definitely wear out faster than the left side. RH RM can be used also without a serious drop off in lap times like other tracks.

@GTP_Guido has had the EVO since he joined us around 6 months ago. I think the Subaru is still available if your looking for the characteristics like the EVO..

I was just funnin around with that one cause it was mentioned that the EVO may be fast there.

I did some testing at BB Raceway with BOP to help out. As well my own curiosity. I feel x4 tire is fine. RH tires may have use for once this season. As for fuel.

I would recommend to change fuel to x2. Fuel at x3 my car ran 27 laps on fuel. About was about 15 minute fuel run. With at x2 my car ran 41 laps on fuel. Which was about 21 minute fuel run.

Oh, you will go down almost 2 laps to take on a full fuel load. To get in make your stop and get out and up to speed is about a 50 second pit stop. I'm getting Gr.4 get laps between mid 29s to low 31s depending on tire type and how worn they are.

Thanks for that testing update. 15 lap pit stops is way to short for a 1.5hr
I will take your advice and drop the fuel multiplier to x2

x3 I ran 27 laps in 15 minutes on fuel. x2 I ran 41 laps in 21 minutes on fuel. x2 is not much longer x3 but, x1 would be about 42 minute fuel runs which I think would be to long.

x2 fuel is perfect and x4 tire wear. This will create quite a few different strategies for everyone when a pitstop will put you two laps down so Tire & fuel management will play a huge role for this race.
While I'm not a fan of this location it will still be a very exciting race due to all the Information one must process and execute to make the podium.

x2 fuel is perfect and x4 tire wear. This will create quite a few different strategies for everyone when a pitstop will put you two laps down so Tire & fuel management will play a huge role for this race.
While I'm not a fan of this location it will still be a very exciting race due to all the Information one must process and execute to make the podium.
I'm not surprised. This is probably the most difficult of the now 4 ovals available in GT Sport. Each turn is different making for a unique challenge. The flat opposite direction turn 3 is possibly the most unique feature of the track. With that the only real example I know of at all. Was the Trenton Speedway a dirt oval turned with turned to asphalt that unfortunately was permanently closed in 1980.

Hope everyone had a great summer!

Back from vacation, my PS4 broke about two months ago and I haven't gotten a new one since I don't play during the summer. I'll most likely have a new one before next race. I'd like to continue using the Hyundai if it's available.
See you on the track:gtpflag:

Definitely will be nice to have you back soon.
Yeah the Hyundai is still yours.

Hope everyone had a great summer!

Back from vacation, my PS4 broke about two months ago and I haven't gotten a new one since I don't play during the summer. I'll most likely have a new one before next race. I'd like to continue using the Hyundai if it's available.
See you on the track:gtpflag:
Well you missed 2 races and learning that @bloodyboyblue and I share a birthday on July 25th. So where did you go on vacation for 2 months that you don't have time to replace and play your PS4?

Well you missed 2 races and learning that @bloodyboyblue and I share a birthday on July 25th. So where did you go on vacation for 2 months that you don't have time to replace and play your PS4?

There are nearly a million summerhouses/cottages in Sweden and I have access to one. I usually spend around 3 or 4 weeks there but this year I worked at a factory in the area during 4 weeks so I was there longer. I never play videogames when I'm there because the beach is 10 minutes away, you can have barbecues, hang out with friends and just enjoy the swedish summer(the sun sets at 10/11 pm and goes up at 4 am where my house is, truly amazing sitting outside until the sun sets). Being at the beach till 4/5 pm, going for a run, starting the grill when you get back and opening the first cold beer being with friends/family is when I feel the happiest, far away from social media, videogames and the busyness of ordinary life.

Back