MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I have some potentially really bad news.

For the second time since I've been playing GTS I have lost all my game data. The first time it happened was early on and not to long after the games release. I was able to load in my backup saved data from the PS4 Cloud the and it worked great.
That's not the case anymore since PD stopped everyone from doing that.
I logged on today only to find out I had lost almost 2 years of game progress, cars, livery's, replays... I have lost everything on PD's servers.
I have my progress saved as always on the cloud and if I load that saved file to the game and disconnect from the internet then everything is back to normal and I've lost nothing. But as soon as I reconnect to the internet it updates the saved file from PD's Servers it loads in the corrupt game data.

So the really bad news
If I can't get someone from Sony or PD to fix the issue then I have lost almost 2 years worth of game play & stats and I played a lot up until the last 6 months. I also owned every car in the game including all the 10, 15 & 20 million credit cars. My kids take up the majority of my time these days and I absolutely do not have the time to invest in redoing everything that has been lost.

So I will continue to work on getting everything back for awhile but if I can't then my GTS days are over. It's completely unacceptable to me that this game is still erasing people's hard work and nobody at PD or Sony really gives a ****.
I will keep everyone posted on my progress but the race at BB Raceway just might be the last event for this Series that I'm involved with because If I can't get this issue resolved then I'm leaving GTS behind for good and I will not return until GT7.

I know this sucks to everyone who has enjoyed this Series over the years. But it sucks even more to lose everything you've ever done in this game for the past two years.

For the second time since I've been playing GTS I have lost all my game data. The first time it happened was early on and not to long after the games release. I was able to load in my backup saved data from the PS4 Cloud the and it worked great.
I logged on today only to find out I had lost almost 2 years of game progress, cars, livery's, replays... I have lost everything on PD's servers.
I have my progress saved as always on the cloud and if I load that saved file to the game and disconnect from the internet then everything is back to normal and I've lost nothing. But as soon as I reconnect to the internet it updates the saved file from PD's Servers it loads in the corrupt game data.

So the really bad news
If I can't get someone from Sony or PD to fix the issue then I have lost almost 2 years worth of game play & stats and I played a lot up until the last 6 months. I also owned every car in the game including all the 10, 15 & 20 million credit cars. My kids take up the majority of my time these days and I absolutely do not have the time to invest in redoing everything that has been lost.

So I will continue to work on getting everything back for awhile but if I can't then my GTS days are over. It's completely unacceptable to me that this game is still erasing people's hard work and nobody at PD or Sony really gives a ****.
I will keep everyone posted on my progress but the race at BB Raceway just might be the last event for this Series that I'm involved with because If I can't get this issue resolved then I'm leaving GTS behind for good and I will not return until GT7.

I know this sucks to everyone who has enjoyed this Series over the years. But it sucks even more to lose everything you've ever done in this game for the past two years.
I really hope you can recover your saves. This is very disappointing news.

Especially since I select my ride this year based on testing I did with the entire Gr.4 field at the Nurburgring 24h Course. So I kind of selected my car for the Nurburgring 2.4h race.

So the really bad news

When did this happen? You still have game stats for your profile.

So the really bad news

I am still waiting for the day I turn on GTS and all of my saved data is lost. I cant believe Sony/PD know about even the possibility of this happening and there is no secondary way to protect our saved data, that is nothing short of unacceptable.

When did this happen? You still have game stats for your profile.

Happened two days ago. The game stats for my profile are no longer correct. It doesn't even have me at lvl 50 anymore. I've been lvl 50 for well over a year now.

I am still waiting for the day I turn on GTS and all of my saved data is lost. I cant believe Sony/PD know about even the possibility of this happening and there is no secondary way to protect our saved data, that is nothing short of unacceptable.

It's one of the worst feelings and I hope you never have to experience this.

I
Happened two days ago. The game stats for my profile are no longer correct. It doesn't even have me at lvl 50 anymore. I've been lvl 50 for well over a year now.

It's one of the worst feelings and I hope you never have to experience this.
It's weird that it's showing stats that aren't yours. Unfortunately I doubt Sony or PD can do anything about save. But I would contract PD over Sony. Since GTS is saved online. Maybe they can still access it.

I've had this experience with GT5 and my entire library when PS3 died and took my harddrive with it. Had to restart everything from scratch. I actually miss when we had to use memory cards. At least if the system dies you got to keep your saves. Then again you could always lose or break your memory card. There are still PS3 games I have yet to reply.

The only good thing I can tell you about a game like Gran Turismo is. Because you're experienced with the second playthrough. You get through the game quicker. Because you what cars to buy first that will be useful to you. And what cars are not useful and can wait until later.

If you do consider restarting GTS. I'll well gladly help out with any research you need to do for your series until you rebuild your Gr.4 collection. If you bought the deluxe version like I did than you should start out some cars to help you out. Good luck.

On GT that required memory cards I always had several memory cards in rotation, one memory card was always my latest progress and I only saved my game on it in case of a corrupted save, at most I would lose a couple days progress. How come we cant back up our progress on a remote hard drive? Is there no way to save a back up of current progress on GTS???

So the really bad news

any help here????

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/corrupted-data.372373/

Both Gran Turismo 5 & 6 automatically saved a backup save for you. It would usually be a couple of days behind your main save but, at least you wouldn't lose everything. Well unless you're system fries the hard drive that both saves are on. I didn't realize until looking yesterday Gran Turismo Sport hasn't been doing that too.

I don't think this will work anymore.

Both Gran Turismo 5 & 6 automatically saved a backup save for you. It would usually be a couple of days behind your main save but, at least you wouldn't lose everything. Well unless you're system fries the hard drive that both saves are on. I didn't realize until looking yesterday Gran Turismo Sport hasn't been doing that too.

I have my GTS game backup on the PS4 but the problem is PD stopped allowing you to load in your backup data to GTS. So once something happens to you game data on PD servers your **** out of luck now.

I don't think this will work anymore.

I have my GTS game backup on the PS4 but the problem is PD stopped allowing you to load in your backup data to GTS. So once something happens to you game data on PD servers your **** out of luck now.
What happens when you try to load your backup save?

What happens when you try to load your backup save?

The in game save on PD's end that nobody has any control over will overwrite any saved game data you load in.

Things are not looking good for this next race on my end. It's going to take me awhile to get everything back even if I can.

Right now I cannot get on my Alt Account. Yes the account I use for GTS is my Alt Account. Everytime I load in the game it wants to go through two years of the daily carousel. It will not do this automatically and you must manually click OK after each gifted car. I spent an hour yesterday on it and only made it into April of 2018. I've logged on and did the daily carousel every single day during that time period so I simply don't have the time or patience to sit there doing this for hours on end so I can use this account for just hosting races.

I cannot host the races anymore the way it stands.
If anyone here wants to take over the hosting duties for the remainder of this season please feel free to do so. If nobody wants to host and keep this Series going for the remainder of 2019 season
then I'm afraid we have reached the end.

Right now I've been playing Sport Mode Race C on my main account. I just started using this account and it has absolutely nothing saved on it and why I'm only doing Sport Mode races on it.
So if some of you see me logged in on Rinsky and not RlNSKY you now know why. The RlNSKY account is completely useless at this point.

Last edited:
I'm willing to host the actual races. I have a stable and good connection with Comcast/xfinity. My schedule looks free for the remaining 2019 schedule; 9/7, 10/5, 11/2, 12/7.

I am not the best at organizing and getting everyone set up though; not my forte. So if we went this route, i would appreciate a second person to sort of type things up and communicate in the chat box on race day who is better organized and familiar with all those details than I.
I can figure out how to set up the lobby and get the races going; I am friends with many in the group already but would have to send out a few friend requests for the newer members.

just throwing my name in the hat as an option.
I think Rinsky should still race, no matter who hosts. Just get your Porsche gr.4 (with **** PD livery) and show up like the rest of us have done when you host :cheers:; it will be a nice break for you. I know you are bitter right now (:mad:), but let it go and just race once a month. It's fun. Don't let the frustration at PD spoil your fun, we all feel this from time to time.

So the really bad news

Man, that's terrible and something I fear each day. Really hate how dependent this game is on an internet connection for even basic functionality, especially for game saves and other data.

Man, that's terrible and something I fear each day. Really hate how dependent this game is on an internet connection for even basic functionality, especially for game saves and other data.

Especially because we have no control over a power outage or your server going down mid-game which could corrupt a save.

I'm willing to host the actual races. I have a stable and good connection with Comcast/xfinity. My schedule looks free for the remaining 2019 schedule; 9/7, 10/5, 11/2, 12/7.

I am not the best at organizing and getting everyone set up though; not my forte. So if we went this route, i would appreciate a second person to sort of type things up and communicate in the chat box on race day who is better organized and familiar with all those details than I.
I can figure out how to set up the lobby and get the races going; I am friends with many in the group already but would have to send out a few friend requests for the newer members.

just throwing my name in the hat as an option.
I think Rinsky should still race, no matter who hosts. Just get your Porsche gr.4 (with **** PD livery) and show up like the rest of us have done when you host :cheers:; it will be a nice break for you. I know you are bitter right now (:mad:), but let it go and just race once a month. It's fun. Don't let the frustration at PD spoil your fun, we all feel this from time to time.

I can still help where I can. I'm not going to dump everything on someone.
The #1 thing for you to do is make sure everyone on our race list is also on your friends list since it's a private lobby. Again I can't use my account that has everyone on it.

Bitter is a nice term for my feelings towards PD right now.
I know people will want me to continue racing but I can't even begin to describe what it feels like to lose that much time and effort through no fault of my own. I honestly have no desire to invest one more minute of my time into a game that's setup so when you lose any of your game play data your not getting it back.
Saving your game play has been a part of the Playstation since the PS1 was first introduced. Leave it to the dumbass who runs PD to take away such a basic but essential feature no game should ever be without.
I would like to take that Gr.4 Porsche and drive it straight up Kazunori Yamauchi ass seeing how his head is already up there.

I seriously hope nobody will ever experience this issue. It's not like Sony or PD are willing to help you even though this issue happens quite frequently to others.

Especially because we have no control over a power outage or your server going down mid-game which could corrupt a save.

Exactly. They have your game by the balls and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Last edited:
I can still help where I can. I'm not going to dump everything on someone.
The #1 thing for you to do is make sure everyone on our race list is also on your friends list since it's a private lobby. Again I can't use my account that has everyone on it.

Bitter is a nice term for my feelings towards PD right now.
I know people will want me to continue racing but I can't even begin to describe what it feels like to lose that much time and effort through no fault of my own. I honestly have no desire to invest one more minute of my time into a game that's setup so when you lose any of your game play data your not getting it back.
Saving your game play has been a part of the Playstation since the PS1 was first introduced. Leave it to the dumbass who runs PD to take away such a basic but essential feature no game should ever be without.
I would like to take that Gr.4 Porsche and drive it straight up Kazunori Yamauchi ass seeing how his head is already up there.

I seriously hope nobody will ever experience this issue. It's not like Sony or PD are willing to help you even though this issue happens quite frequently to others.

Exactly. They have your game by the balls and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Not to make light of your situation but it is encouraging to see that I am not the only one that feels this way about certain functions of the game. I mean WTF were they thinking when they decided it would be best if they and their servers had total control over game saves, its bad enough that you cant even play the game without internet.

The in game save on PD's end that nobody has any control over will overwrite any saved game data you load in.

Things are not looking good for this next race on my end. It's going to take me awhile to get everything back even if I can.

Right now I cannot get on my Alt Account. Yes the account I use for GTS is my Alt Account. Everytime I load in the game it wants to go through two years of the daily carousel. It will not do this automatically and you must manually click OK after each gifted car. I spent an hour yesterday on it and only made it into April of 2018. I've logged on and did the daily carousel every single day during that time period so I simply don't have the time or patience to sit there doing this for hours on end so I can use this account for just hosting races.

I cannot host the races anymore the way it stands.
If anyone here wants to take over the hosting duties for the remainder of this season please feel free to do so. If nobody wants to host and keep this Series going for the remainder of 2019 season
then I'm afraid we have reached the end.

Right now I've been playing Sport Mode Race C on my main account. I just started using this account and it has absolutely nothing saved on it and why I'm only doing Sport Mode races on it.
So if some of you see me logged in on Rinsky and not RlNSKY you now know why. The RlNSKY account is completely useless at this point.
I know you don't want to get rid your save but, have you considered deleting your and then uploading your backup GTS save. It's a risky idea but, if your save is corrupted it not useful to you anyways.

Otherwise I would just restart from scratch. I know it stinks to have to restart years of work. Most of us here have probably had this same experience at least once. It's a con of a gaming.

I recommend would starting by completing Driving School and Circuit Experiences. You'll earn credits and cars to from these to help you rebuild your garage.

I would love offer my experienced hosting services. But my internet has been unreliable lately. So I may not be the best candidate.

Last edited:
My guess is I think PD went with the online saves to prevent hacking. I haven't seen many hackers. So if true it do work.

That being said the game is almost completely useless without internet. That day will come when the internet service is shutdown. Without some massive update that allows offline saving. This GTS will become unplayable. Which is kind of rip off to everyone that bought the game. At least GT5 and GT6 you can play offline.

Last edited:
Yah, I knew I would have to edit those posts. There was less mistakes than U thought there would be. I was really tried when wrote those from a long day at Knoebels Amusement Park.

Not to make light of your situation but it is encouraging to see that I am not the only one that feels this way about certain functions of the game. I mean WTF were they thinking when they decided it would be best if they and their servers had total control over game saves, its bad enough that you cant even play the game without internet.

I think everyone should feel this way about this game. I never thought I would see a day when so many people would support a gaming company that has complete control over your game even though you bought and own it.
GTS is completely useless offline and when the day comes PD shutdown the servers( it will happen 100% guaranteed) everyone may as well throw GTS in the trash from that point forward.

PD has complete control over your saved game data now and is unwilling to help or makes you go through complete hell to try and resolve an issue that should never happen in the first place.
They act as if the amount of people who experience this problem is an acceptable % vs their control over your data. So if your one of the unlucky people to get robbed by this setup then they have nothing in place to help anyone resolve this problem. Simply put PD along with Sony just don't give a flying **** about you.

The longer this game is out the more data people will lose( years of game play) when it strikes.
How people find this acceptable is beyond me.

I know you don't want to get rid your save but, have you considered deleting your and then uploading your backup GTS save. It's a risky idea but, if your save is corrupted it not useful to you anyways.

Otherwise I would just restart from scratch. I know it stinks to have to restart years of work. Most of us here have probably had this same experience at least once. It's a con of a gaming.

I recommend would starting by completing Driving School and Circuit Experiences. You'll earn credits and cars to from these to help you rebuild your garage.

I would love offer my experienced hosting services. But my internet has been unreliable lately. So I may not be the best candidate.

This will be my last hail marry attempt when I've exhausted all my other options. But everything I've tried and everyone I've talked to about this issue all that Information leads to the same outcome. I'm **** out of luck.

Starting over is not an option for me and I don't think most people understand everything I've lost during this 2 year period.

1. Every car in the game except what it came with.
I owned every car in the game.

2. All my decals, livery's, paints, wheels. Things you cannot buy and can only be acquired through time played. I very much enjoy creating livery's and now I can't.

3. All my game stats that took more hours than most of everyone on my friends list combined. And the list goes on & on.

I have no desire to do any of that stuff again knowing it can all be erased at not fault of your own. This is the second time I've be hit the difference is I can't get anything back this time around.

Last edited:
Anyway there is not much point in bitching about it now because what's done is done.

I will now log on my main account from time to time. It's has nothing for content on it either except I don't have 2 year's of the Daily Carousel to go through before it allows me access to my game play.

Logging on with my main account kinda forces me to play a part of this game I have never liked (Sport Mode) along with it's overwhelming amount of dirty drivers.
Except this time around I could care less about my DR/SR rating. So everytime someone finds it amusing to use me as there personal guardrail or as there brakes I get to hunt them down and enjoy some revenge retaliation.
This mind set actually makes Sport Mode playable but only for a short period time.

So I might log on once a week if that to only play Sport Mode but everything else concerning GTS is definitely over for me.
I'm actually looking into other racing games to start playing that won't erase your years of saved game data.

Anyway like I promised I will be here to help out anyone who continues to host the races for the rest of our 2019 schedule. It will definitely be hard to watch these remaining races as it was my favorite part of playing GTS. I will miss racing with everyone who made this Series what it is and everyone who challenge & pushed me to get better. I have come along way from our first race so this is definitely a very sad and disappointing end to this Series and one I never seen coming.

Anyway there is not much point in bitching about it now because what's done is done.

I will now log on my main account from time to time. It's has nothing for content on it either except I don't have 2 year's of the Daily Carousel to go through before it allows me access to my game play.

Logging on with my main account kinda forces me to play a part of this game I have never liked (Sport Mode) along with it's overwhelming amount of dirty drivers.
Except this time around I could care less about my DR/SR rating. So everytime someone finds it amusing to use me as there personal guardrail or as there brakes I get to hunt them down and enjoy some revenge retaliation.
This mind set actually makes Sport Mode playable but only for a short period time.

So I might log on once a week if that to only play Sport Mode but everything else concerning GTS is definitely over for me.
I'm actually looking into other racing games to start playing that won't erase your years of saved game data.

Anyway like I promised I will be here to help out anyone who continues to host the races for the rest of our 2019 schedule. It will definitely be hard to watch these remaining races as it was my favorite part of playing GTS. I will miss racing with everyone who made this Series what it is and everyone who challenge & pushed me to get better. I have come along way from our first race so this is definitely a very sad and disappointing end to this Series and one I never seen coming.

In PCARS2 you don’t have to play to unlock anything, all the cars and tracks are there at the beginning. GT Sport should’ve been like that since it ditched so many of the other CarPG elements.

Having all your game data on the servers somewhere is the way of the future, just look at Google Stadia.

There is always a chance you can lose your save no matter what game you play with no fault of your own. It can to happen if your power goes out at the moment your game is saving. Which all it takes is one unfortunately timed incident.

At the point you are left with 2 options. Option #1 Is to quit. Option #2 Is to pick up the peices and restart from scratch.

You are not the first player to lose everything and have to restart from scratch. And you won't be the last. It's really sad that running this series isn't enough of a reason for you to restart.

GTS is nowhere near the best game in series but, I don't think it was meant to be. I believe the main purpose for this game was to improve online play for future games. Which for the most part I feel it has.

However Polyphony Digital is nowhere near the most evil or greedy video game developer. Everything they have added or changed to GTS. All those updates since release. All those new cars, new tracks, new layouts, new events, and new features have all been free. Nobody else is that nice to their players. With all the licensing that would be required for a game like this. I have no idea how they can afford to give us all this content free.

In case you haven't already heard about it, Spa is coming!

https://www.gtplanet.net/a-first-look-at-spa-francorchamps-in-gt-sport/
Spa has been ready for months. So they finally got the licensing worked out. Where's Laguna Sega, Daytona, and Indianapolis. They have not added any new US tracks since release. Just new road course layouts for Blue Moon Bay. And I don't care for Infield B layout. It only has 2 braking points and 1 opposite turn. And they ruined the lake. Just want to run the oval at that point.

Last edited:
Are you not going to race the series anymore? It doesnt take long to get another GR4 Porsche

No I'm no longer going to play GTS. I was just messing around with Sport Mode while I was searching for a possible positive outcome to my situation.

In PCARS2 you don’t have to play to unlock anything, all the cars and tracks are there at the beginning. GT Sport should’ve been like that since it ditched so many of the other CarPG elements.

Having all your game data on the servers somewhere is the way of the future, just look at Google Stadia.

If they can't find a better way of protecting people's progress with online saves then I don't see a reason to even play console games anymore.

There is always a chance you can lose your save no matter what game you play with no fault of your own. It can to happen if your power goes out at the moment your game is saving. Which all it takes is one unfortunately timed incident.

At the point you are left with 2 options. Option #1 Is to quit. Option #2 Is to pick up the peices and restart from scratch.

I've been playing video games since the very first home console was introduced. Up until GTS I've never lost any saved progress. You and others might find the lose of data acceptable but I do not.

The first time I lost my in game data I picked up the peices and carried on. This is now the second time its happened with a far worse outcome. I'm not doing it again.

You are not the first player to lose everything and have to restart from scratch. And you won't be the last. It's really sad that running this series isn't enough of a reason for you to restart.

I know I'm not the first person its happened to and it's not even the first time its happened to me. But after going through every thread where people have had this problem before me looking for a positive answer I can safely say nobody has ever posted losing this much game play. If someone can beat two years worth then I'm all ears.

Sorry but nothing about this game is worth having to restart from the beginning over and over again.
There are other playable games out there that won't waste two years of my life in a blink of an eye.

I'm 49 and married I also have two small children ages 2 years and 9 months and a full time job.
I do not have the time to start over and play everyday for hours on end to get back everything that was lost. Because that's exactly what it took for me to get everything the first time around.

I will be deleting GTS from my PS4 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Give me a couple of weeks and I will most likely have my rig up for sale.

But if someone wants to make me a reasonable offer on my Thrustmaster T-GT - TH8A Shifter - T3PA-PRO Pedals GT Style - Playseat Challenge
Send me a Private Message.

Back