MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Just a reminder your in 1st place and both of your drop scores have been used on not racing already. Missing another race will more than likely be to much for you or anyone in this situation to recoup from. As of now your giving up a $60 PS Plus or Playstation gift card. I just wanted you to be aware of this.

I'm aware...its out of my hands work is unfortunately much more important at this point..

@Rinsky Sorry for the last minute but I'm not gonna be able to make it. Our BBQ isn't lighting and we can't figure out why. Earliest the guy will be here is 6:15 so we're not gonna be done eating and cleaned up by 7:20. Have a great race!

I know one of these days there will be a race to where I won't be an also ran. With that said the race last knight was the most enjoyable yet. Yeah I was 5 to 8 seconds of pace, 3 laps down at end of race. I did go for the first time without having to repair damage. The was a couple times while being lapped in the last section where it got a little to close. That last section was just eating my lunch. It took me 88.5 minutes to get it close enough to feel good about it.

Thank you to everyone who is tolerant of my infantile driving, but crawling always comes before walking. It feels like I may have taken a couple of steps in the right direction. Stealing my son's headset really helped and added the detail I was missing.

Again I had a good time, hopefully the "little bit" of scare for a couple of you is a big enough sign of progress. I look forward to future events.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello all,

A great race last night, i was not very prepared strategy wise as i did only a few laps with Rinsky a couple days before, also i usualy use the cones as braking markers for T1, T2 and the tight right hander after (usualy the chicane) so my first laps (including the qualy laps) were a bit sketchy but after a few laps i identified a shadow or piece of tarmak here and there to adjust my braking points.

I had an awfull FIA night so i really enjoyed chilling there with you and play with the long term strategy.

The first few laps were great as we were i think 6 or 7 drivers within 3 seconds, all following each other, i though this could have gone like that far into the race with the slipstream keeping us close.
Seeing that, i decided to follow whoever would go first in the pitts, i knew i could do about 17-18 laps with a full tank, but not my soft tires (which i tried to be gentle with btw)

So when Littlechiken chose to pitt lap 9 i followed him without even knowing how many laps total we'd have with 90 min, but half way to the race we were at 26 or 27 laps so i realised the 9 laps stints were actually great. I could have done 10 laps stints but it wouldn't have decrease the number of stops, i think the only way was to do 11 laps, but this meant more tire wear, more time refuelling, so i don't know...

I think i might have scared Bloodyboyblue at the end of the main straight, got caught up by the slipstream and half missed my braking marker, i kept it on the track but i think Bloody saw me coming and took a wider line by turning later into the corner.

Anyway until Mr Racingline pitted one last time lap 52 or 53, i though we were on for a 3 way battle with Littlechiken, who btw kept it really clean behind me.

This was my good GT Sport moment of the day, thanks

I know one of these days there will be a race to where I won't be an also ran. With that said the race last knight was the most enjoyable yet. Yeah I was 5 to 8 seconds of pace, 3 laps down at end of race. I did go for the first time without having to repair damage. The was a couple times while being lapped in the last section where it got a little to close. That last section was just eating my lunch. It took me 88.5 minutes to get it close enough to feel good about it.

Thank you to everyone who is tolerant of my infantile driving, but crawling always comes before walking. It feels like I may have taken a couple of steps in the right direction. Stealing my son's headset really helped and added the detail I was missing.

Again I had a good time, hopefully the "little bit" of scare for a couple of you is a big enough sign of progress. I look forward to future events.

Thank you,
Paul.

You did fine, I noticed whenever I was near you were very aware, my 1 complaint was that it seemed everytime I might get a draft down the long straight it was time for you to pit, try to arrange your strategy so it benefits me next time, :D gotta learn to walk before you can run.

my 1 complaint was that it seemed everytime I might get a draft down the long straight it was time for you to pit, try to arrange your strategy so it benefits me next time, :D gotta learn to walk before you can run.

See now that's the kind of information that would have been handy. Pit next lap so I can advance off of you. Though my slip stream probably was pretty turbulent and not sure how much benefit it would have been.

Thank you,
Paul.

You did great so don't be so hard on yourself plus this league is not the best for judging your performance against others. We have some very fast drivers that make most of look really slow even though we are above average for the most part.
Yes using a headset makes a big difference.

You did fine, I noticed whenever I was near you were very aware, my 1 complaint was that it seemed everytime I might get a draft down the long straight it was time for you to pit, try to arrange your strategy so it benefits me next time, :D gotta learn to walk before you can run.

I felt so bad for you when your car spun out on the curb because we were having a great battle and I was really enjoying that. Once that happened I was racing all alone until the end.

Hello all,

A great race last night, i was not very prepared strategy wise as i did only a few laps with Rinsky a couple days before, also i usualy use the cones as braking markers for T1, T2 and the tight right hander after (usualy the chicane) so my first laps (including the qualy laps) were a bit sketchy but after a few laps i identified a shadow or piece of tarmak here and there to adjust my braking points.

I had an awfull FIA night so i really enjoyed chilling there with you and play with the long term strategy.

The first few laps were great as we were i think 6 or 7 drivers within 3 seconds, all following each other, i though this could have gone like that far into the race with the slipstream keeping us close.
Seeing that, i decided to follow whoever would go first in the pitts, i knew i could do about 17-18 laps with a full tank, but not my soft tires (which i tried to be gentle with btw)

So when Littlechiken chose to pitt lap 9 i followed him without even knowing how many laps total we'd have with 90 min, but half way to the race we were at 26 or 27 laps so i realised the 9 laps stints were actually great. I could have done 10 laps stints but it wouldn't have decrease the number of stops, i think the only way was to do 11 laps, but this meant more tire wear, more time refuelling, so i don't know...

I think i might have scared Bloodyboyblue at the end of the main straight, got caught up by the slipstream and half missed my braking marker, i kept it on the track but i think Bloody saw me coming and took a wider line by turning later into the corner.

Anyway until Mr Racingline pitted one last time lap 52 or 53, i though we were on for a 3 way battle with Littlechiken, who btw kept it really clean behind me.

This was my good GT Sport moment of the day, thanks

Congratulations on your win man. You guys up front had an exciting battle going on all race long.

I will work on getting the points up by tonight.

You did great so don't be so hard on yourself plus this league is not the best for judging your performance against others. We have some very fast drivers that make most of look really slow even though we are above average for the most part.
Yes using a headset makes a big difference.

I felt so bad for you when your car spun out on the curb because we were having a great battle and I was really enjoying that. Once that happened I was racing all alone until the end.

I will work on getting the points up by tonight.

I know, right, lol!!!! I mean c'mon, who shapes curbs like that with a V in them to hook a tire and spin out out??!!

Thank you,
Paul.
My advice to is practice. Lots and lots of practice. Experience is a very big part racing. Natural talent helps a but, experience is the key. You gain experience by making laps. The more laps you run at race track. The you will learn that race track.

Experiment with the you laps. Adjust your braking points and your driving line. And pay attention to it effects your lap times. When under race conditions pay attention to the other cars are you. You learn something from them. Just note the same driving line does not also work for different cars or different drivers for that matter.

As for Fuji. The modern Fuji Speedway is a difficult course to learn. With that ending section one most difficult sections of the course. And Fuji gets a lot hate because that section. I've been racing at modern since Gran Turismo for and the ending section still stomps me up. The best driving line and braking points can differ with every car and it driver's preferences.

I seem to be one of the few people who actually like the ending section of Fuji. I find a very difficult and unique section of the course. I can't think of another race track that reminds me of that section which is why it's so difficult. And that last turn is the most important turn too.
See now that's the kind of information that would have been handy. Pit next lap so I can advance off of you. Though my slip stream probably was pretty turbulent and not sure how much benefit it would have been.
I believe fastone was just joking. Unless you're driving the same car. You should always stick the pit strategy that is best suited for your car. Otherwise bad stuff can happen.

Points update

PS_Messages_20200503_153630.jpg
pdf00001 (3).png
1588536912936_pdf00001.png

I believe fastone was just joking. Unless you're driving the same car. You should always stick the pit strategy that is best suited for your car. Otherwise bad stuff can happen.

I was joking in response as well.

Yes practice makes you better 100% agreement there. However turning laps by ones self only reinforces the lines driven and times achieved. Unfortunately best learning is to follow faster drives when you can to see how they do it. Which is probably why I ran my fastest lap on the last lap.

What I am finding most helpful is doing the daily race C. Seeing times that get put up and then racing others in short runs I feel is making a difference. Seldom do I have a faster time in qualifying than any of my friends, but I try to get within 1 second and feel good.

Eventually a track will come up that I do like to drive. Seaside comes to mind. Until then just keep learning.

To, @Rinsky @Infineon @micantony
@Jw_wk1010 @GTP_Guido @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV
@DesertPenguin
@bigbeefytaco @Tall Paul @llNovall @Hygrade B

New Event Announcement

N Anything 2 Hours of the Nurburgring

A 2 hour endurance race featuring the N Class cars of GT Sport. Any N Class car maybe entered. The catch is there will be no tuning or BOP. All cars must be at stock horsepower (100%) and weight (100%).

The race will hold on the Nurburgring Nordschleife (12.95 miles / 20.85 km) layout.

The high grade sports car tires are selected for this event to improve grip and race quality but, still keeping that road car feel.

May 16th, 2020

Lobby Opens 6:30pm EDT
Set Grid 7:30pm EDT
Race Start 7:40pm EDT

Settings
Practice/Endurance
Nurburgring Nordschleife
15:00 Cloudy
2 Hours
Grid Start
Set By Host
Slipstream Real
No Boost
Visible Damage On
Heavy Damage
Tire x3 Fuel x1
Grip Real

Penalty Settings

No Ghosts
Corner Penalties Strong
No Wall Penalties
No Side Contact Penalties
No Car Replacements
Yes Flags

Regulations

Any N Class Car
N Class Cars Only
No BOP
Tires Sports Softs Only
No Tuning
Must be stock power and weight
No limit on how many of each model
TCS and ABS allowed

More details in forum.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...th-opens-6-30pm-edt-starts-7-40pm-edt.389789/

Last edited:
A quick question, I've started manually shifting. For pure acceleration at what point is best to shift at? I hardly ever look at the tach, I use the power band indicator. Is the best shift point just before it flashes?

Thank you
Paul

A quick question, I've started manually shifting. For pure acceleration at what point is best to shift at? I hardly ever look at the tach, I use the power band indicator. Is the best shift point just before it flashes?

Thank you
Paul

depends on what car you are driving , so no easy answer to that :)

Thank you
Paul

There’s a graph in the car settings when you highlight the power/power percentage that’ll show you what RPM the HP/torque peaks, some cars will be best to shift right at the redline (or past it) and some will be right at the beginning of that indicator bar so you don’t waste too much fuel. Generally turbo cars have more torque lower in the RPM range so you don’t need to wind them out as much.

There’s a graph in the car settings when you highlight the power/power percentage that’ll show you what RPM the HP/torque peaks, some cars will be best to shift right at the redline (or past it) and some will be right at the beginning of that indicator bar so you don’t waste too much fuel. Generally turbo cars have more torque lower in the RPM range so you don’t need to wind them out as much.
So at torque peak is generally the best time to upshift?

You can really save some fuel over the course of an entire fuel run by short shifting. It takes time and practice to achieve this but its very beneficial when needed.
Works much better than using the fuel map option because you can short shift without losing speed or lap times once you learn your cars performance.

Since I see Rinsky has not updated the forum yet. Fuel consumption is x3 and tire wear is x6 for this race.

I intend this to be the settings for all Gr.3 road courses races this year. And let the track's personality determine fuel consumption and tire wear. Unless there's some major psychics or tire model change again.

Oh, and race conditions are 6:30 Sunrise.

Last edited:
Reminder that this Saturday is our June race at Circuit de la Sarthe (aka La Mans).

Since I know Settings were not updated.

Fuel x3
Tires x6
Track Time 6:30
Grid Start False Check

Also of the glitch last months races with the Qualifying tires effecting practice. Qualifying tire wear will be the same as the race. Unless some can confirm that this was fixed.

Back