MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
So I was just reading, the race on the 2nd? Not the 26th?
And I'd just have to find the lobby on the day to join?

I will add you to my friends list and thats the only way into the lobby as it will be private. You will see a blue icon above the lobbies in GTS. This will let you know you have a friend in a lobby and on June 2nd at 7:00pm EST it will me and this event. Go into the lobby select friends only and join in

Are there still spots open? I'm leaning towards the Mitsubishi but I'd like to test out one other car before I commit. I should know by tomorrow evening.

Are there still spots open? I'm leaning towards the Mitsubishi but I'd like to test out one other car before I commit. I should know by tomorrow evening.

There should be room this next race but the Mitsubishi is already taken. I have it down has the lancer

I'll go ahead and take the McLaren.

So I tested the McLaren out the other day and was surprised on how well it handles. I really liked the McLaren and It also has a very nice view inside the cockpit. I think you will be happy with that choice.

There are also some very cool livery's that people have made for it.

5116722577204609048_23.jpg

6133903874200699417_23.jpg

This is the one I use on mine.
8584425012391346712_23.jpg

Last edited:
Because we have had a few new members sign-up for our endurance races I want to take this time to go over the race etiquette expected of everyone who runs in this league.

Our racing is unlike any sport mode race you have been in and the lobby rules are setup to be very hard for anyone who wishes not to respect those rules.

1. First thing is everyone must have the upmost respect for their fellow competitors at all times. These are the people you will be racing with every month and everyone expects a certain level respect to be maintained at all times so the following is expected of everyone.

1. No ramming, pushing, shoving or wrecking the person in front of you to move them out if your way. It is your job to find a way to pass cleanly if they don't feel like making it easy for you to take that spot.
However if you are a lap car then your are expected to and must let them by without a fight unless doing so will make you lose your position to another car your actually Racing for position.

2 No excessive blocking will be permitted. You are only allowed to be AGGRESSIVE at DEFENDING or PASSING on the very last lap (Do not mistake this as an open invitation to crash someone) but if contact is made causing a wreck it will be viewed as all parties involved fault. Alot of good race finishes have ended with two cars bumping off one another to the finish line.

3. In a long race like this it actually helps to team up and work with others like using the draft to gain some speed and save fuel and tire wear. So this idea of I must pass everyone I see is not always the best strategy.

4. You are to treat this race like it is the real thing and just like in real life accidents will happen in Motorsports but as long as it's not intentional it will not be frowned upon. We all lose concentration sometimes and miss braking points or miss judge our speed. It's how you respond afterwards on the track that tells the story.

5. We always encourage any skill level to join our race.
I'm am always working with the faster racers in our league as we Brainstorm new ideas to help the lower skill level racers to become more competitive. We don't want anyone to feel discouraged. For example this is why the fast members do not get our next race location so they get absolutely no practice while all the others get the track location and a month of preparation.

6. I also stated at the beginning that we will not be running any Oval or Tokyo tracks this season because of the difficulty and problems it can create however we will run a short course sometime this year just because it will be very challenging. Let's just hope tempers don't get out of hand.

I try to run a very organized series and keep everything in order. Every race is saved by @Infineon and myself as we go through and rewatch the race multiple times from different people's cars to insure everything and everyone was being clean and respectful as possible.

Last but not least Have Fun. This event is getting a good following because it's how most of the racing should've been done by PD to begin with. Fair, honest and strict
And we are having a great time.

See everyone this coming Saturday.

I don't find Blue Moon Bay Speedway and Tokyo Expressway East courses that difficult. That problems at those tracks that people make bad choices when racing there. I wouldn't recommend the Gr.4 cars at Blue Moon Bay Speedway without tuning as they not set up very well that course. I do think a race Tokyo East would be fun in the future

I don't find Blue Moon Bay Speedway and Tokyo Expressway East courses that difficult. That problems at those tracks that people make bad choices when racing there. I wouldn't recommend the Gr.4 cars at Blue Moon Bay Speedway without tuning as they not set up very well that course. I do think a race Tokyo East would be fun in the future

Next season Tokyo will be on the list. I like the city tracks but if your not careful the penalties handed out could build up quickly.

As for BB Raceway, Northern Isle Speedway, and Tokyo Expressway Central courses. As much I like those tracks. They are very all very difficult to race at for different reasons and I'm not very surprised others don't like them.

As for BB Raceway, Northern Isle Speedway, and Tokyo Expressway Central courses. As much I like those tracks. They are very all very difficult to race at for different reasons and I'm not very surprised others don't like them.

I've never really been a fan of the Oval tracks in GTS. Plus with everyone being in a different car a select few would just run away from the rest of the pack. They are just not ideal locations for the way our league is setup.

What about Tokyo Expressway Central? Too narrow.

I don't think so. Just as much room as Mount Panorama but with no run off.
It's probably a track I would give everyone time to practice on though so it might be a great choice for next season's opener.

Oh, and I find the differences in performance kind of a poor excuse. There's always a going to be some cars that better suited at certain tracks than others. The reason I said Blue Moon Bay Speedway is not good for the Gr.4 cars is that their default gearing doesn't work for that kind of racing.

Is there thought to allow tuning next year but, encourage the better drivers to share setup tips. The way you run your series would a great opportunity for the less experienced drivers to learn how to tune. I myself could really use help with suspension tuning.

Oh, and I find the differences in performance kind of a poor excuse. There's always a going to be some cars that better suited at certain tracks than others. The reason I said Blue Moon Bay Speedway is not good for the Gr.4 cars is that their default gearing doesn't work for that kind of racing.

Well sorry you feel that way. Even though certain cars are better at some tracks than others every race that doesn't mean the person skill level is able to capitalize on it especially on a road course. Now an Oval track takes alot less skill to be good at especially one like Blue Moon. So skill becomes less if a factor and car performance becomes the major factor. So almost anyone can just join that race then pick the available Veyron and walk away with the win.

Is there thought to allow tuning next year but, encourage the better drivers to share setup tips. The way you run your series would a great opportunity for the less experienced drivers to learn how to tune. I myself could really use help with suspension tuning.

I have no plans on ever adding tuning to the league. As I've said before I want to keep this as open and competitive as I can to any skill level racers who have or will joined. Tuning is not something everyone can pickup on easily and there are no tuning guides listed in the tuning section of this fourm for people to understand how works in GTS.

Right now the Gr.4 cars are exactly the same as they are in sport mode so there is absolutely no learning curve to racing them in this league. Anyone can jump right in and feel at home with their car of choice.

I sort of have stopped playing Gt Sport , but this race iam so looking forward to do , allmost cant wait for raceday :)

You are going to have so much fun. It's a completely different atmosphere than Sport Mode. Everyone respects one another while racing on the track. That's not to say accidents don't happen from time to time. But you won't find people dive-bombing you in every corner.

Ha yeah bit difficult for us that don’t know the track, just wondering about the others that do?

Yes there are 5 of us who will be at this race who know the location and have been practicing. I think everyone will enjoy this next location. It should be a good race and everyone's times should be closer to one another this round. We shall see.

Well sorry you feel that way. Even though certain cars are better at some tracks than others every race that doesn't mean the person skill level is able to capitalize on it especially on a road course. Now an Oval track takes alot less skill to be good at especially one like Blue Moon. So skill becomes less if a factor and car performance becomes the major factor. So almost anyone can just join that race then pick the available Veyron and walk away with the win.

I have no plans on ever adding tuning to the league. As I've said before I want to keep this as open and competitive as I can to any skill level racers who have or will joined. Tuning is not something everyone can pickup on easily and there are no tuning guides listed in the tuning section of this fourm for people to understand how works in GTS.

Right now the Gr.4 cars are exactly the same as they are in sport mode so there is absolutely no learning curve to racing them in this league. Anyone can jump right in and feel at home with their car of choice.

You are going to have so much fun. It's a completely different atmosphere than Sport Mode. Everyone respects one another while racing on the track. That's not to say accidents don't happen from time to time. But you won't find people dive-bombing you in every corner.

Yes there are 5 of us who will be at this race who know the location and have been practicing. I think everyone will enjoy this next location. It should be a good race and everyone's times should be closer to one another this round. We shall see.

Hey I resent you saying that oval racing takes less skill. Yes, if you’re driving by yourself, but races take more actual RACING skill (compared to DRIVING skill) than road courses. But I completely agree they don’t work in this format. They have to be one-make.

The fact these races are no-tuning is their unique selling point on GTP, where all of the acronym series are all about tuning.

I keep meaning to try to get some races like this going on PCARS but I don’t know if anyone will enter. It’s hard to find no-tuning races on there, but they’d have to be one make on there most of the time since the BOP isn’t great in most of the classes

Hey I resent you saying that oval racing takes less skill. Yes, if you’re driving by yourself, but races take more actual RACING skill (compared to DRIVING skill) than road courses. But I completely agree they don’t work in this format. They have to be one-make.

The fact these races are no-tuning is their unique selling point on GTP, where all of the acronym series are all about tuning.

I keep meaning to try to get some races like this going on PCARS but I don’t know if anyone will enter. It’s hard to find no-tuning races on there, but they’d have to be one make on there most of the time since the BOP isn’t great in most of the classes

I didn't mean as an overall thing in just referring to this league. I've been a long time NASCAR fan so I know how much skill is really involved. I've also done my far share of local oval racing when I was younger. But this league and GTS in general is not built around oval racing. Not enough to make it fun for me.

picture002.jpg

Back