MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I saw a few cars lagging in front of me last night, 1 was Rinsky. Since it was more than 1 car with lag does that mean it was my connection??

I saw a few cars lagging in front of me last night, 1 was Rinsky. Since it was more than 1 car with lag does that mean it was my connection??

The only person I seen with lag last night was your car but it wasn't bad enough to cause any problems.

Lobby issues could have very well be from me and one of the reasons I stopped hosting.

@Rinsky @Infineon @micantony @Jw_wk1010 @bigbeefytaco @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV @DesertPenguin
@Tall Paul

Historic Race Car Festival

A 5 race event featuring historic racing cars from the early 1970s and older. The cars will be split into 5 class loosely based on sports car classing during this era. Which was not will balanced.

This event will give you an excuse to dust off a few antique race cars. It also serves a promotional event for my upcoming Historic Prototype Series.

The 5 races will be 15 minutes each with the 4th race being a minutes race serving as the main event. More details on the individual races below.

I'm not allowing power or weight tuning. All cars most be default 100% for power and weight. Except Group C race which will use BOP for there race.

Time and Date

Saturday August 15th, 2020

Room Opens 6:30pm (EDT)
Race 1 Start 7pm (EDT)

Basic Race Details

Race 1. 50s Prototypes

Cars Allowed

Aston Martin DB3S '53
Jaguar D-Type '54
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Race Concept (C2) '59

Race Info
Goodwood
All cars must be at default Power and Weight
Sport Hard Tires Only

Race 2. Historic Touring Cars with 1999 cc engines and lower

Cars Allowed

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 '65
Renault R8 Gordini '66

Race Info

Sardegna - Road Track C
Sports Medium Tires Only

Race 3. Historic Touring Cars with 2,000 cc engines and higher

Cars Allowed

Ferrari 250 GTO '62
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64
Mercedes-benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71

Race Info

Blue Moon Bay - Infield A II
Sports Medium Tires Only

Race 4. 60s Group 6 Prototypes

Cars Allowed

Jaguar XJ13 '66
Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Ford Mark IV '67

Race Info

Spa-Francorchamps
Sports Mediums Tires Only

Race 5. Group C Prototypes (Gr.1 1992 or Older)

Cars Allowed

Porsche 962C '88
Jaguar XJR-9 '88
Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
Mazda 787B '91
Nissan R92CP '92

Race Info

Fuji Short
Yes BOP
Racing Hard Tires Only

More details in forum
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...opens-6-30pm-edt-race-1-start-7pm-edt.389789/

Last edited:
The only person I seen with lag last night was your car but it wasn't bad enough to cause any problems.

Lobby issues could have very well be from me and one of the reasons I stopped hosting.

It probably wasnt lag but my poor driving that you saw:D I was a little distracted last Saturday night during the race.
I burned my foot in 2 spots pretty bad about an hour before the race, I was aluminum welding and had a hot ball of aluminum drop inside of my shoe, I couldnt get my shoe off quickly so my foot kinda sizzled. I have 2 quarter sized 3rd degree burns on my braking foot. :scared::scared:

It probably wasnt lag but my poor driving that you saw:D I was a little distracted last Saturday night during the race.
I burned my foot in 2 spots pretty bad about an hour before the race, I was aluminum welding and had a hot ball of aluminum drop inside of my shoe, I couldnt get my shoe off quickly so my foot kinda sizzled. I have 2 quarter sized 3rd degree burns on my braking foot. :scared::scared:
That sounds like fun. And apparently overachieving when injured or sick doesn't work for video game racers. Or at least not for us mediocre players. I've seen the professionals when injured or sick go on to win the race.

Thank you. Glad I have been practicing on mediums, I have really grown to hate that RS01.
Unfortunately Renault has only one Gr.3 car. So you're kind of stuck with it. The Gr.3 Audi R8 has a similar handling issue to Renault RS01. I'm not a big fan of either car.

Unfortunately Renault has only one Gr.3 car. So you're kind of stuck with it. The Gr.3 Audi R8 has a similar handling issue to Renault RS01. I'm not a big fan of either car.

I chose Renault because that is my lobby go to car for GR3, unfortunately I overlooked that most lobbies allow tuning and that I was always driving a tuned RS01. Its a tough life when you're (me) an idiot. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I chose Renault because that is my lobby go to car for GR3, unfortunately I overlooked that most lobbies allow tuning and that I was always driving a tuned RS01. Its a tough life when you're (me) an idiot. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I guess I can try a special request to Rinsky but, he still hasn't even update the main page. I still don't know the results to the August race I missed. I love Brands Hatch too. So that one hurts.

@Rinsky@Infineon @micantony @Jw_wk1010 @bigbeefytaco @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV @DesertPenguin
@Tall Paul

I'm finally announcing my series

The Historic Prototype Mini Endurance Series

Experience the top level of sports car racing from two different eras on the same track. This series will feature 2 classes Group C Prototypes (Gr.1 class 1992 and older) and 60s Group 6 Prototypes (Gr.x class 1966 - 1967).

Saturday Nights
Lobby Open: 6:25 pm
Practice / Qualifying Begins: 6:30 pm
Practice / Qualifying End: 7:35 pm
Grid Set up / Before race break: 7:45 pm
Race Start: 8:00 pm
Race Finish: Between 8:50 pm and 10:05 pm

Note: All times are for Eastern Daylight Savings Time Zone (EDT UTC-4:00)

My Area is in Daylight Savings until Nov 1st. When we will change back Standard Time (EST UTC-5:00)

Race dates will not interfere with Rinsky MSN Races. I can't guarantee the same for any other league.

Fair warning this series is not for the faint hearted. There currently 16 Race are scheduled. This is essentially two seasons in one. The early track will show case the dangers of yesteryear racing with insanely fast tracks with a lack of safety features. Later races will feature improvements conditions with reduced speeds. Oh, and car damage for all races.

Races will be a condensed mixture of timed and lap races. Lap race will race to a specific distance. Race lengths will vary between 50 minutes and 2 hours.

The Group C class will be limited to 10 cars per race with a max 2 car in one race of for each manufacturer. Performances have been Each manufacturer is this class will be allowed 3 drivers. Two regular full time

The 60s Group 6 will be guaranteed a minimum of 6 car slots pre race but, I may allow more if fillers are needed. There is no manufacturer limit to this class due to the car's expensive price tags.

A lot of time and research went into creating this series. There will be no true balance of power for this series. As balance of power was not a thing during either of these era. Car performances will be modified to get them closer to their real life performances. However I did reduced how severely the cars are unbalanced. So some cars will be better than anothers. But, a good driver should have some input over results.

Cars will also be permitted a power boost for qualifying though not unrestricted. This was allowed for both eras. Use of fuel mapping is prohibited do the technology of these eras. Fuel savings must be done through other means.

There will be both a Drivers and Manufacturer's championship. The an official point system and scoring is still in the works.

Sign ups, your class, and car selection is first come first serve. Choose wisely.

More details in forum
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ric-prototype-series-1st-race-9-26-21.389789/

Last edited:
I guess I can try a special request to Rinsky but, he still hasn't even update the main page. I still don't know the results to the August race I missed. I love Brands Hatch too. So that one hurts.

Its not a big deal, I have been practicing at Suzuka for the next race, I will be fine but I will be more careful in the future.

Hello everyone.. i will do my best to get the points updated correctly today at work.

Since we only have 4 more races to go until the end of the season I'm going to change the rules slightly for those of us who can't get a top 3 finish in points even if we won the last 4 remaining races.

If you would like to drop your manufacturer and switch to another brand you will now be able to do so. You will also face major penalties added to your points if you choose to swap Manufacturer's. Those who switch will get the maximum amount of points (20) added to their score for each of the remaining 4 races.
For those who have nothing to gain in the points championship at this point this should hopefully let you to have a little more fun for our remaining races.

I wanted to try out the McLaren when we started because I had never raced with it before but now that I have come to completely despise this car and I can't wait to set it on fire.
So I will be swapping this out for a car I have fun racing in the Ford Mustang.

Again for those of us not in the points hunt and just want to have fun at this point the added points won't be a big deal.

Hello everyone.. i will do my best to get the points updated correctly today at work.

Since we only have 4 more races to go until the end of the season I'm going to change the rules slightly for those of us who can't get a top 3 finish in points even if we won the last 4 remaining races.

If you would like to drop your manufacturer and switch to another brand you will now be able to do so. You will also face major penalties added to your points if you choose to swap Manufacturer's. Those who switch will get the maximum amount of points (20) added to their score for each of the remaining 4 races.
For those who have nothing to gain in the points championship at this point this should hopefully let you to have a little more fun for our remaining races.

I wanted to try out the McLaren when we started because I had never raced with it before but now that I have come to completely despise this car and I can't wait to set it on fire.

Again for those of us not in the points hunt and just want to have fun at this point the added points won't be a big deal.

Thats a great idea to let those of us who are out of the,points running still have some fun without really affecting the standings. I have been practicing at Suzuka with my RS01, I almost have too much invested to walk away from that car now, at least in real life racing a crappy car will sometimes sacrifice itself for the good of all involved.

I don't think the plus 20 for every race is necessary. Just give out a one time 20 points penalty pre car change. The 20 points will do more than enough damage. You won't recover from that. But, this will also discourage people from changing manufacturer every race.

Also manufacturer limit of 3 max should still still be in play.

Which McLaren is the problem. Because really love the F1 GTR. Road or race car the McLaren F1 is one of my favorite British sports cars. It's now 25 years old suspension is a bit dated but, the best car in class on the straights. Too bad you couldn't make the race Sarthe.

And it can still post some good lap times if you know how to drive it. One of best sounding cars in Gr.3 too.

I'm not crazy about the 650S for Gr.3 or Gr.4 classes though. The Gr.3 650S just does offer anything special. The F1 is the better choice Gr.3 as it can run faster laps at most tracks.

The Gr.4 650S is a gas guzzler. Second worst car in class on fuel. And it's handling is weird.

Back