MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Like I wrote , hope that what I wrote didnt get misunderstood , but it apparently did sadly ...............
What's to miss understand. You're debating about leaving this series because of the lack of players in the last few races. Am I underestimating correctly?

I plan to be there for the final 3 races no matter what. So now we have at least 2. I think that was just a bad round for a lot of people to make for some reason. But it is annoying how the standings and settings are never updated anymore.

I plan to be there for the final 3 races no matter what. So now we have at least 2. I think that was just a bad round for a lot of people to make for some reason. But it is annoying how the standings and settings are never updated anymore.
I'll gladly continue host our races even if it's only down to a 2 car field. I've done it before and do it again. You ask @fastone371 to confirm this. And I won't fill guilty about the at worst 2nd place points finish and prize money. I still have a few cars to buy.

Quitting because other people quit is part of the problem. What makes you people think quitting is going helping anyone. If you quit it's just one more player not in field. That's just punishing everyone else.

How about help promote the series instead. If you know someone who would be interested. Point them our direction. But no instead be selfish quit.

It's been like this every year at the end of the season. That's why we did a points system this year and offered prizes. Prizes you don't want apparently.

We unfortunately can make people don't show up. Breaking into someone house. Duct taping them to a chair in front of their TV. And super gluing a PS4 controller to their hands is probably very illegal in most cases. Plus what's going to stop them from playing something else.

Quit if you want. I'll continue to show up to host even if no else does. I probably save the settings to next race room in the next few days.

Man this really hit home for me...yes I quit but I did it because of numerous reason none the less selfish...I quit because I was racing in another series before this that would take up alot of my time being that it was in the middle of the afternoon 3pm est. i wanted to spend the rest of my day with the kiddos.

has unfortunately reached the point where I can not find the desire to continue to participate as I can not understand how that corona crisis can continue to have so big an effect on one's everyday life that one at no time during a month can find the time to maintain / update the position and next race settings

I tend to disagree while 60% of people where either laid off or seen work hrs cut....some others have to deal with working 70 to 80 hrs a week with short staffing just to try to keep things going. So trust me when i say this that your leaders here besides cold warriors are not simply ignoring us. they are very busy with work and family lives and things like this tend to take a back seat for a bit.

Man this really hit home for me...yes I quit but I did it because of numerous reason none the less selfish...I quit because I was racing in another series before this that would take up alot of my time being that it was in the middle of the afternoon 3pm est. i wanted to spend the rest of my day with the kiddos.

I tend to disagree while 60% of people where either laid off or seen work hrs cut....some others have to deal with working 70 to 80 hrs a week with short staffing just to try to keep things going. So trust me when i say this that your leaders here besides cold warriors are not simply ignoring us. they are very busy with work and family lives and things like this tend to take a back seat for a bit.
I'm well aware some of our players are not coming because their lives completely changed. Probably for the worst too.

It's the players that are not effect can make the races but, don't show because attendance is down are the ones I have a problem with. Not showing up because not enough other players don't show up is making it worse for those that are attending.

Rinsky and Infineon are working overtime building trucks and SUVs for Ford. Because apparently that many people are buy new cars during this virus.

Unfortunately with Rinsky out. That leaves me managing a forum I can't make changes to. I been posting race settings in forum. So check in offer.

As for micantony our fourth director. I know he was having problems with his wheel. Why we don't here from him anymore in this forum. You're guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
I know this is off topic but...I just saw Desert Penguin got banned?? :odd:
Yeah I'm aware. He doesn't actually show up to our races anyways. So it has little effect on us. I think he only races once this year.

It's not like he has been busy with life either. I've seen him in online my friends list on race days and he still doesn't show up. Matter of fact he was online for our September race. I even sent him a reminder message. He still didn't show and I got no response him either.

I tend to disagree while 60% of people where either laid off or seen work hrs cut....some others have to deal with working 70 to 80 hrs a week with short staffing just to try to keep things going. So trust me when i say this that your leaders here besides cold warriors are not simply ignoring us. they are very busy with work and family lives and things like this tend to take a back seat for a bit.[/QUOTE]

I totally understand that and have respect for it , but when you have a guy that are willing to put in the time and take over now when things is difficult , I dont understand why it hasnt happend.

all in all I tend to think that I shouldnt even have tryid to explain my reasons , because it has just been misunderstood sadly (like this probaly will) , I can do it in danish - Instead off trying to understand why I said what I said it apparently was easier not to do that and only react to a bit of what I said - I havent desided yet though , but one thing is for certain , iam not driving 1 1/2 hour again with less than 8 ppl on the track (5 last race), 1 hour tops............

I do have permission to create 2nd forum. I haven't created a 2nd forum because I don't want confuse other people or myself. By operating the same series through 2 different forums.

Plus I also have my own forum to I manage and run events out of.

All races will be held to advertise distance unless under extreme circumstances. That's with or without you.

Everyone signed up these 1.5 hour endurance races as stated in the main forum. Nowhere in that forum does guarantee you a field of at least 8 players.

P.S. If 7 or less cars is a deal breaker. Then don't play the first 4 Gran Turismo games. Max of 6 cars and there are races longer than 1 hour for all 4 games. Any old school Gran Turismo players won't have problem with these small fields.

Last edited:
I dug out our Last Race Results from my PS4 pictures.
PS_Messages_20200930_161455.jpg

I know the last few months have been busy for me and haven't been able to make it. This weekend I'm not totally sure if I'll be there or not because me and my girlfriend are going up to the mountains to look at the leaves so I may or may not make it on Saturday.

I dug out our Last Race Results from my PS4 pictures.
View attachment 961830

I will get all the points updated after tonight's race seeing as only 5 people raced last month so there is not really much to update.

Just a reminder... Yes I'm still paying out at the end of the season and I think only 4 people are in the running to get a top 3 spot. The rest of us don't have a chance but nonetheless I'm still racing tonight.

I will get all the points updated after tonight's race seeing as only 5 people raced last month so there is not really much to update.

Just a reminder... Yes I'm still paying out at the end of the season and I think only 4 people are in the running to get a top 3 spot. The rest of us don't have a chance but nonetheless I'm still racing tonight.
Don't forget fastone371 changed his ride last race.

If people keep not showing up I might have a chance at a top 3.

As long as at least one other player shows up. I will host our race tonight.

By the way if you didn't get to read through the posts. DesertPenguin was banned from GT Planet. I thought this would interest you.

Just played a little , but sadly had to stop for a while as my head is killing me , I hope that an hour with my eyes shut and a pill will make it go away , if not , have a good race

Don't forget fastone371 changed his ride last race.

Yes I remember and I switched to the Mustang last night as well. You can switch your car Manufacturer if you don't care about your points at this point and just want to try something different.

Yes I remember and I switched to the Mustang last night as well. You can switch your car Manufacturer if you don't care about your points at this point and just want to try something different.
Fastone371 ran a Renault Gr.4 car for this race. So should get a normal points payout I know he doesn't like the default handling of the Renault RS01 Gr.3.

Why would I change. I get run our last 2 two races are with my favorite Gr.3 car.

If enough people don't show up to our last few races. I may have a chance.

No matter what car I drive. I'm still a controller driver. I view myself as an underfunded race team. I can't afford to buy on a wheel and rig. And they don't last that long for how much you pay for them.

@Rinsky @Infineon @micantony
@Jw_wk1010 @bigbeefytaco @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV @Tall Paul

Our next race will be a return trip to Laguna Sega with the Gr.3 class this time.

Track Time / Conditions: Sunset 17:00 Clear
*Note: I picked Laguna Sega in Sunset as a Gran Turismo 3 reference.

Fuel: x3

Tires: x6

Daylight Savings Reminder:
Also Daylight Savings (I hate Daylight Savings) time changes for the United States November 1st. We be going back 1 hour to standard time until next year. From UTC -4 to UTC -5.

If Daylight Savings does not change in your area November 1st or your area does not practice Daylight Savings (I envy you). Then are races will start 1 hour later for you.

No we can't prevent this time change. Yes we are trying to ruin your life. It was the our plan all this time.

Lobby Opens: 6:30pm US Easten Standard Time (EST)
Qualifying / Race: 7:20 pm (EST)
Race End Estimated: 9pm (EST)

See you November 7th.

Last edited:
Back