MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Who knows what track we are going to get on Thursday because conflicting reports keep coming out of :gtplanet: articles.
I only base my Information off of these articles and not the post from members.

:gtplanet: is saying we will most likely be getting the Tokyo wet this update. Before they said we would most likely get SPA in the last update and we got RB Ring wet so they really don't know either.

If Spa doesn't drop this month the we are moving the RB Ring with heavy rain up into the October race. I have given everyone those Settings to practice so hopefully you have.

Other reports are coming out saying SPA will most likely drop with the Michelin update now. If this is true then SPA will move into the November race slot.

Honestly nobody has any idea what is going on and what will happen. I personally think its ****** of PD to tease SPA in the live event then not put it into the game going on two months. They know this is the most requested track of all time and yet they decide to keep it from us still.
It's still possible we get it this Thursday but as always don't hold your breath because we don't want you to die :lol:

Who knows what track we are going to get on Thursday because conflicting reports keep coming out of :gtplanet: articles.
I only base my Information off of these articles and not the post from members.

:gtplanet: is saying we will most likely be getting the Tokyo wet this update. Before they said we would most likely get SPA in the last update and we got RB Ring wet so they really don't know either.

If Spa doesn't drop this month the we are moving the RB Ring with heavy rain up into the October race. I have given everyone those Settings to practice so hopefully you have.

Other reports are coming out saying SPA will most likely drop with the Michelin update now. If this is true then SPA will move into the November race slot.

Honestly nobody has any idea what is going on and what will happen. I personally think its ****** of PD to tease SPA in the live event then not put it into the game going on two months. They know this is the most requested track of all time and yet they decide to keep it from us still.
It's still possible we get it this Thursday but as always don't hold your breath because we don't want you to die :lol:
Be happy you know it will be in GTS at all. The top of my is Laguna Seca. I haven't seen any signs of that being in GTS yet. It was Gran Turismo first real circuit. It will be ashame if it doesn't make it in.

It's between Spa and Daytona are for 2nd on my list of for real track a least.

Be happy you know it will be in GTS at all. The top of my is Laguna Seca. I haven't seen any signs of that being in GTS yet. It was Gran Turismo first real circuit. It will be ashame if it doesn't make it in.

It's between Spa and Daytona are for 2nd on my list of for real track a least.

Oh we definitely need more tracks located in the US. We definitely need Road America as a new track to the game as well

Oh we definitely need more tracks located in the US. We definitely need Road America as a new track to the game as well
I'm aware of the lack of US tracks. Laguna Seca is #1 on my list. 1. Because of it's history to the Gran Turismo series. The track first appeared in GT2 and has been in every game since until GTS. 2. Because of lack of US tracks in GTS general. We have not had a new US track since release. 3. Simply I like the like the track and miss racing there.

If I'm being honest there is a lack US cars too. They haven't even given us the new Ford GT or C7 Z06 and ZR1. No last gen Viper ACR either.

I don't expect to see any of those in GTS.
Being this is not a numbered title PD is getting away with leaving so much content out and just not US based content.
Hopefully we will get a full numbered title for the PS5 that will include everything their fans have come to expect & enjoy over the years.

Without a doubt GTS is heavily loaded with Asian content while everyone else is getting the shaft on favorites from their Home Lands.

Being this is not a numbered title PD is getting away with leaving so much content out and just not US based content.
Hopefully we will get a full numbered title for the PS5 that will include everything their fans have come to expect & enjoy over the years.

Without a doubt GTS is heavily loaded with Asian content while everyone else is getting the shaft on favorites from their Home Lands.
And Project Cars has more European/British focus and Forza has more American focus. It's all about the developer

Honestly I don't think the Europeans content is too bad. They have added a decent number of your European tracks and cars. Some of which was are new to Gran Turismo.

I am a bit surprised that Silverstone has not made since it hosted the GT Academy a few years ago.

I view GTS as similar to GT3 that it is more about improving physics and online gameplay. Not the for massive content.

For anyone who has not played GT2 and GT3 or just doesn't remember. I forget that exact count. GT2 had somewhere around 650 cars many of have not been in seen in Gran Turismo since. Including manufacturers Vector and Venturi never been seen again. And had about 30 tracks not Including reverse versions. Many of these tracks have also not been seen since GT2 either.

GT3 had only about 180 cars. And the track was about half of GT2. No short tracks existed in GT3. The shortest track a 1.5 mile oval which is not a short track by oval standards.

However GT3 did a have major graphics improvement over GT2. It was first of the series to feature wet conditions though very limited. And GT3 was the first racing game to feature any of Pagani cars and helped to get them recognized. GT3 also gave us are 2nd real track Côte d' Azur and the only real life full street circuit featured Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
Noticed the FIA Manufacture Series was going off at 1am my time so I decided what the hell I will give it a go.

I didn't qualifying as normal started last on Med tires and ran 10 laps on them. Pitted took on RS and a tad bit of fuel for the remaining 7 laps.
I somehow got the fastest lap in the Porsche and worked my way up to 3rd. On the last lap & last corner my car spun around and I wasn't even on the throttle. Took home 4th :( but what a fun clean race it was. Not to bad for not really trying.

PS_Messages_20190926_014344.jpg
PS_Messages_20190926_014347.jpg

We did not get Spa from this update. They gave us wet conditions for Tokyo Expressway Central and East Layouts.

So guess plan B for October would be move the Red Bull Race?

Yay!!! They gave us wet conditions on tracks that are so miserable to race on that they shouldn't even be in the game, how fantastic, thank you PD!!!

Yay!!! They gave us wet conditions on tracks that are so miserable to race on that they shouldn't even be in the game, how fantastic, thank you PD!!!
I actually like the Tokyo tracks. The are all crazy fast and sort of remind me the Special Stage tracks.

With the East Outer Layout being one of my favorite tracks in the game. It's fast and balls daring to drive well. This layout has the bragging right of a higher average speed than Sarthe. It also it reminds me a lot of Special Stage Route 5.

Wet conditions on these track adds the uniqueness that the entire track is not wet of the bridges and tunnels. Providing an experience rare in the real world.

Last edited:
I actually like the Tokyo tracks. The are all crazy fast and sort of remind me the Special Stage tracks.

With the East Outer Layout being one of my favorite tracks in the game. It's fast and balls daring to drive well. This layout has the bragging right of a higher average speed than Sarthe. It also it reminds me a lot of Special Stage Route 5.

Wet conditions on these track adds the uniqueness that the entire track is not wet of the bridges and tunnels. Providing an experience rare in the real world.

Great post and very informative, thank you for trying to improve my outlook.

But.................
It's still Tokyo street course, oh YAY!!

We did not get Spa from this update. They gave us wet conditions for Tokyo Expressway Central and East Layouts.

So guess plan B for October would be move the Red Bull Race?

Yes plan B is in effect as we move RB Ring up to next Saturday. November will make it the 3rd update in 3 months since SPA was shown at the FIA Live Event and there is still no guarantee it will drop then. If KAZ himself didn't say it was on it's way I wouldn't even be talking about it.

I do like the fact the track goes from wet to dry in places but when driving N-class cars on anything other than race tires ( I do not use race tires on N-class) you don't really notice that change.

I enjoy the Tokyo tracks and have since GT6. I think it's because everyone is forced to use the same track boundaries and people have a harder time finding a cheat here. I just think it puts everyone on a more even playing field but I do understand that other people hate this track or tracks and that's why you have only seen it once in our Series.

Yes plan B is in effect as we move RB Ring up to next Saturday. November will make it the 3rd update in 3 months since SPA was shown at the FIA Live Event and there is still no guarantee it will drop then. If KAZ himself didn't say it was on it's way I wouldn't even be talking about it.

I do like the fact the track goes from wet to dry in places but when driving N-class cars on anything other than race tires ( I do not use race tires on N-class) you don't really notice that change.

I enjoy the Tokyo tracks and have since GT6. I think it's because everyone is forced to use the same track boundaries and people have a harder time finding a cheat here. I just think it puts everyone on a more even playing field but I do understand that other people hate this track or tracks and that's why you have only seen it once in our Series.

That's why I specified I hate racing on Tokyo. I dont mind hot lapping or going after decent qualifying times, in fact I spent a massive amount of time qualifying at Tokyo when it was a One Make Race A daily with the Tesla. You just cant race there, I tried 1 race and got creamed at the first couple turns after starting on pole, people will use the car ahead or the curbs to brake.

That's why I specified I hate racing on Tokyo. I dont mind hot lapping or going after decent qualifying times, in fact I spent a massive amount of time qualifying at Tokyo when it was a One Make Race A daily with the Tesla. You just cant race there, I tried 1 race and got creamed at the first couple turns after starting on pole, people will use the car ahead or the curbs to brake.

Beg to differ some of my best races have been there. It's not where you race but who you race with in my opinion. I will not do a daily in Tokyo at all because it is suicide. But in any private league it's a blast

Alright Red Bull Rain it is. You should update your forum then. So people don't get confused.

What is plan B for November?

Just to make sure the Nurburgring 24h race is safe on the schedule. Even if scenario happens. Say like that we don't get Spa until the November update.

@Cold Warrior, despite your name do you ever actually chill out?
I have been waiting the Nurburgring race since before this season started. he took it off the schedule. Last year he removed the Nurburgring for Sarthe. I will be very disappointed to see removed from schedule again.

For the record. My name / ID is a reference to a PS1 tank shooter. Really how players actually based their player off their own personality.

Using that logic. You name tells your a Penguin abandoned in some Desert. I guess you found a cactus with an electrical outlet to plug in your Wifi router, phone charger, TV, and a PS4.

Alright Red Bull Rain it is. You should update your forum then. So people don't get confused.

What is plan B for November?

Just to make sure the Nurburgring 24h race is safe on the schedule. Even if scenario happens. Say like that we don't get Spa until the November update.

I will update tomorrow because I'm busy on Vacation right now. Me & the Wife have been doing the 3 day Louder Than Life Rock/Metal Festival here in Louisville Ky.

Cool have fun. Who you all there to see?

LTL19-Square-Admat.jpg

Yes me and my wife did all 3 days of Louder Than Life that now holds the record for the largest music festival in the US. With 190 thousand people over 3 days.
Previously it was Rock on the Range with 105 thousand.

This photo is from G&R playing
Only their 3rd show and 1st festival since they have been back together. It was also Staind's first live performance in 5 years.

FB_IMG_1569877618313.jpg

What an amazing festival it was for all those who missed it. I even meet some people who flew in from London just for this.

Last edited:
Wow great festive. Some of my favorite bands were there.

Saturday was fun for me as well. My Dad, my Brother, and I went to Shady Maple Smorgasbord for lunch. And then we went to the Strasburg Railroad to see special visitor N&W #611 after lunch.

Shady Maple is about 1 hour 30 minutes drive from where I live and the Strasburg Railroad is about another half hour is the same duration.

If anyone is curious about what is so special about Shady Maple Smorgasbord. It's a huge buffet restaurant ran by Mennonites (Amish with technology) located in East Earl, PA.

You can find almost anything your hungry for on buffet. Dinner for each night has a theme where they serve they serve special items not normally out each night.

If you ever visit here. Do not leave without trying their roast beef. It's out daily on the buffet in 2 spots.

As for the size of the place. Nobody ever believes you until their first visit. Like I said the place is huge. Just lobby is bigger than most restaurants. The building also has possibly the world's largest gift shop below the restaurant.

Wow great festive. Some of my favorite bands were there.

It was absolutely incredible. I've seen many of the bands on that list multiple times except G&R and Staind. This was my first time seeing both of them live. Everyone put on one of their best performances and while nothing is ever perfect in a live show they were better than the previous times I had seen them.

You could just feel that energy all the bands were getting from the massive amount of people there and it definitely translated to their performances.

This was not our first music festival as me & the wife have been to every Louder Than Life festival since they began in 2013. But it was without a doubt the best one yet.

If anyone needs a refresher on the Settings for this Saturday's race here they are again. The link is also posted below the October date on the main page.

Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice Session
10 minute in game Qualifying Session
In game track time: 10:45 Heavy Rain
Fastest First set by Qualifying
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Tires- Heavy Wets only
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X4
No Assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No Wall Penalties with Heavy Damage On
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted off
Rolling Start

Qualifying Settings

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear is same as race
Qualifying fuel is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 60sec
You only have 60 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

Last edited:
Back