MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments

:cheers:

3 votes for Seaside
1 vote for Fugi
1 vote for Brands Hatch

Vote Fuji

I like all these places but, I am going to vote Fuji. As I think it will best suit the Corvette out of 4 choices you have listed. Understeer with straightaway speed works at Fuji.

And I still vote Spa as next year's 2.4h finale for the Gr.4 class. It's popularity will make it a great location for a long 2.4h.

We can use Spa as a Gr.3 earlier in the year if you don't wish to wait.

These aren't the only 4 tracks we haven't been to yet for Gr.4. This list doesn't even include my track vote for next season.

Technically no these 4 tracks are not the only ones we have not been to. I'm not including the ovals, Goodwood or different layouts of the same location.

I know we raced Dragons Trail Gardens in our first year but Seaside has been in the game from the beginning, it's very popular and most people know this layout with their eyes closed now plus it's a great place for door to door racing so this is why I have it as an option.

The Gr.3 class will land on the last race of next season so it will get the 2.4hr slot.
2.4hr of racing takes a lot out of a person both physically and mentally so we have no plans on doing a 2.4hr race for both the Gr.4 & Gr.3 classes next season. I'm very grateful everyone will do one 2.4hr race every year so I'm not pushing the issue any further.

brands hatch , dont like that busstop on seaside , I fear that it will make to much chaos , especially ifff someone crashes there when ppl still arre close ......

The bus stop is a tricky place but almost everyone here has been racing for a long time now. My experience has been when I'm racing among people who have been playing GTS or quite sometime the Bus Stop at Seaside is never really an issue.

If November and December are going to truly be our last 2 races I honestly think people will be fine with it. Especially if one of them is Spa. Are you really going to telling me you wouldn't want to run a 2.4h race at Spa. You're favorite track. It's you series why settle for a 1.5 hours at Spa when you can race it for 2.4 hours. We do get 4 or 5 week break between each race.

If November and December are going to truly be our last 2 races I honestly think people will be fine with it. Especially if one of them is Spa. Are you really going to telling me you wouldn't want to run a 2.4h race at Spa. You're favorite track. It's you series why settle for a 1.5 hours at Spa when you can race it for 2.4 hours. We do get 4 or 5 week break between each race.

Oh you know I would do every race at 2.4hr if I could and yes especially SPA.

Having two small children doesn't allow for that much free time for gaming. I also know most everyone here would be against those type of long races all the time.
While SPA has always been one of my favorite tracks in the GT Series I'm more than happy to know we will get to do a 1.5hr race with a full lobby in Gr.4. It would/will be one hell of a race in my opinion.

Oh you know I would do every race at 2.4hr if I could and yes especially SPA.

Having two small children doesn't allow for that much free time for gaming. I also know most everyone here would be against those type of long races all the time.
While SPA has always been one of my favorite tracks in the GT Series I'm more than happy to know we will get to do a 1.5hr race with a full lobby in Gr.4. It would/will be one hell of a race in my opinion.
Are you sure about that. Last year's 2.4h was one of our highest attended races. Which Sarthe is also a popular track. If you pick the right location people will show up.

The last thing you wanna do at Nurb is damage your car, you could get lapped driving back to the pits. One thing I noticed is that as you learn the track and pick up time you really gotta be careful with the curbs, there are some that will throw you right off of the track if you use them, the hard thing is remembering which ones those are.

The last thing you wanna do at Nurb is damage your car, you could get lapped driving back to the pits. One thing I noticed is that as you learn the track and pick up time you really gotta be careful with the curbs, there are some that will throw you right off of the track if you use them, the hard thing is remembering which ones those are.

I was thinking of putting that race on light damage for that reason. If you wreck here it's almost impossible to make that time back up. The last thing I want is people quitting because they have to limp back to the pits on this long track. Nurburgring is challenging enough as it is without adding to it.
I feel everyone will lose enough time to others just from the penalties and light damage if they wreck without completely ruining someone's 2.4hr race.

no love for Goodwood? seems like it could be a fun race for Gr.4

I was thinking of putting that race on light damage for that reason. If you wreck here it's almost impossible to make that time back up. The last thing I want is people quitting because they have to limp back to the pits on this long track. Nurburgring is challenging enough as it is without adding to it.
I feel everyone will lose enough time to others just from the penalties and light damage if they wreck without completely ruining someone's 2.4hr race.

While I agree with you 100% in theory, i always hesitate to make damage light because people race differently and MUCH more aggressive if they know they wont sustain permanent damage. But at the green hell full of drivers who may not be as familiar with it (at night?), i can understand your reasoning.

my Vote:
1. Brands Hatch

I've been waiting for us to do a race here in gr.4. I probably missed it if you did one early last year.

Tokyo Event is this weekend, if SPA is coming, we'll know then.
Event info

Last edited:
no love for Goodwood? seems like it could be a fun race for Gr.4

While I agree with you 100% in theory, i always hesitate to make damage light because people race differently and MUCH more aggressive if they know they wont sustain permanent damage. But at the green hell full of drivers who may not be as familiar with it (at night?), i can understand your reasoning.

my Vote:
1. Brands Hatch

I've been waiting for us to do a race here in gr.4. I probably missed it if you did one early last year.

Tokyo Event is this weekend, if SPA is coming, we'll know then.
Event info

To be honest with you I have never put a G.r4 car on that track to really know. We still have six Gr.4 races for next year so we might get to it next year.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem running it on full damage in a 1.5hr race but for 2.4hr everything you said above comes in to play and (Yes it's at Night)

I'd drive seaside

👍

4 for Seaside
1 for Fugi
2 for Brands Hatch
0 for Mt Panorama

My race is this Saturday for anyone who has nothing to do.

2 Hours A Night Of Green Hell

Sat Oct 26th

Practice/Qualifying Opens 6:30pm EDST
Qualifying Ends 7:15pm
10 Minutes to finish hot laps.
Race Start 7:35pm EDST
You'll need to be on track no later than 7:07pm to get your out and timed lap in.

Open Lobby
SR minimum A
Race 2 Hours
Rolling Start
Nurburgring 24h 22:30
Gr.3 With BOP
Tuning Allowed
Tires x10 Fuel x2
RH, RM, RS
Heavy Damage
Real Settings

Livery restrictions nothing illegal or disrespectful.
I expect you to race clean and respectfully others.

Link to my page https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...6th-opens-6-30pm-edt-high-paying-race.389789/

Wimps light damage takes away the illusion of the dangerous circuit, And you have to so much harder to receive your 30 seconds of damage.

Plus time change does effect grip levels. The Nurburgring has a lot of grip at night. Since testing for my race. I found the track easier to drive at night. The also night makes you drive in a more alert state than in daylight.

Spa on Tuesday! can't wait... ;););) :D

You know better :lol:

Wimps light damage takes away the illusion of the dangerous circuit, And you have to so much harder to receive your 30 seconds of damage.

Plus time change does effect grip levels. The Nurburgring has a lot of grip at night. Since testing for my race. I found the track easier to drive at night. The also night makes you drive in a more alert state than in daylight.

I can leave heavy damage on dosen't matter to me. I just thought most people would prefer not to limp around the track for 30 minutes trying to get back to the pits because of damage its going to happen and probably more than once.

If Spa doesn't drop this update and I seriously doubt it will then as of now Seaside is it's replacement.

it all depends on where you wreck I guess. If it's turn 1 (common place where people brake too late or early-rear ended; plus lag), thats 25 kilometers to limp around at 80kmh worst case. That's about 18 minutes. of course usually if you dont just put it in limp mode, you can drive faster than that in a wrecked car. Regardless, a crash on the first half of the lap will probably put you out of contention; which is why Rinsky feels like changing the damage I think. People will crash and drop out. Which is just like a real race anyway IMO.
We're turning laps mostly alone anyway at N24. It's a 25km lap. with max 16 cars?

Too bad we cant put an extra 30 AI cars on track just to keep things exciting throughout.

That's about 18 minutes. of course usually if you dont just put it in limp mode, you can drive faster than that in a wrecked car. Regardless, a crash on the first half of the lap will probably put you out of contention; which is why Rinsky feels like changing the damage I think. People will crash and drop out. Which is just like a real race anyway IMO.

Exactly correct.
It would appear that I'm the only one for light damage at this race. So most likely we are going to keep it on full damage per the membership request.

If you do wreck and lose a lot of time in limp mode just keep at it and don't quit out of frustration. You might have not completely ruined your race yet as 2.4hr is a long endurance race and you have time to claw your way back.

To
@WhiteFlight1
@Venster
Do you guys plan on running?
You are the only two I have not heard from on the SPA race.

Last edited:
As of now we have a full grid for the November 2nd race at SPA assuming it drops this update.

One person on the list is tentative.
Two people on the list have not responded @WhiteFlight1 @Venster
Everyone else has confirmed.

I will be taking a few reserves just incase we have a spot or two come open. Normally we do but this is SPA after all so if any spots become available it will definitely be limited.

Member/Car list

1. racer233 - NSX
2. Venster - Toyota
3. RINSKY - Porsche
4. micantony - Aston Martin
5. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
6. fastone371 - McLaren
7. Cold Warrior - Corvette
8. GTP_Guido - Mitsubishi
9. T5BLACK- Lamborghini
10. Sheldonsuckz - Jaguar
11. Infineon- Citroen
12. Rob Pardun - Mustang
13. Standard_FV- Hyundai
14. SRT DK Racing - Subaru
15. Neutty - BMW
16. Herimopp89 - Mercedes
-----------Cut Off Line------------
17. Docbrown40 -

EHyknnWU4AAZ6W-.jpg

@Rinsky I will not be racing the november race. Taking a break from GT sport currently but will be back to race the 2.5 hours at the Nurburgring. Have a good race!

Your going to sit out SPA? Sorry to hear that and I think it's going to be an incredible race.
Thanks for letting me know and see you in December but if you decide to change your mind don't wait to long.

Since the track is not in the game as of yet I obviously don't have the settings we will be running under.
Our fuel & Tire multipliers stay almost the same for each race so I will start out testing x4 fuel & x4 tires. The only adjustment to this will be dropping the tire multiplier by one if it's deemed necessary.

Time of day is unknown as of now but if SPA drops with rain Settings we will not be using them and this race will go off with sunny & dry conditions. 👍

I've currently been trying to reach members who I have not heard from for their confirmation on this Saturday's race.
As of now we have one spot open with the possibility of two more depending on those members status. I'm still not planning on advertising these open spots until I've exhausted all other options

I'm currently running in ARL Gr.3 Series and that race will begin about an hour after ours ends.
I'm very excited to announce we currently have 4 ARL members ( 5 including me) signed up for SPA this Saturday with a few of their top dogs in that mix. ARL is a great group to race with and will take their racing very seriously.
I will scout previous members, non fulltime members & ARL members to fill in any open spots that become available before giving those spots up to the general public.

Any questions about the SPA race please feel free to ask.

Back