MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I cannot confirm for this at this time. However, mark me tentative and if a spot is needed, by all means fill my spot. It’ll be my loss.

I'm sorry for not being around for the past week. I've been really busy taking care of my wife after her surgery and her surgery restrictions has put all the work & responsibility of my two awesome children solely on me. So free time for anything game related was just not an option.

My wife's recovery has been going great and I have been given the green light to start playing GTS again.

So now that I'm back amongst the GTPLANET community does anyone have any questions about our upcoming end of the season race on Dec 7th?

I'm sorry for not being around for the past week. I've been really busy taking care of my wife after her surgery and her surgery restrictions has put all the work & responsibility of my two awesome children solely on me. So free time for anything game related was just not an option.

My wife's recovery has been going great and I have been given the green light to start playing GTS again.

So now that I'm back amongst the GTPLANET community does anyone have any questions about our upcoming end of the season race on Dec 7th?

I have questions. What kind of lap times do I need to be capable of to win and should I not be able to run those lap times what do suppose I could do to successfully insure victory??:D

I have questions. What kind of lap times do I need to be capable of to win and should I not be able to run those lap times what do suppose I could do to successfully insure victory??:D

I would say anything in the 8 minute per lap range should crush the competition. I can't get out of the 9 minute per lap range on my best day.

I would sneak into everyone's garage and cut the brake lines to their cars. Maybe add some sugar into their fuel tanks for an added bonus :lol:

You could also try to bribe me into crashing the lobby when you grab the lead so I would call the race in the order everyone was in before the lobby mysteriously goes offline.
💡

It seems like any of those could work well and all of them combined is the absolute key to success. :D:D:D

I lost almost 15 seconds when I changed time of day to night, almost like the track is slower. I was at 9:02 during a day lobby and stuck at mid 9 teens in night lobby

It seems like any of those could work well and all of them combined is the absolute key to success. :D:D:D

I lost almost 15 seconds when I changed time of day to night, almost like the track is slower. I was at 9:02 during a day lobby and stuck at mid 9 teens in night lobby

Night time at Nurburgring is almost like being on a completely different track to me. It really cuts down my peripheral vision.

As of for Nurburgring testing. Going by lap times I have seen posted. And help using a time and distance calculator I've found on the internet. Lap count should 16 Laps for the race.

Testing fuel mileage is easy. Test the BMW with automatic transmission and without fuel mapping. The BMW has the worst fuel mileage in Gr.4. If it can make 4 laps than every car should be able to. I suggesting auto trans because you can't short shift and actually save fuel.

As of for tire wear. I have no idea what car the tire eater prize it the class. My guess would be FFs and the heavyweight 4WDs like Veyron which weights is 3,638 lbs with BOP.

I did some testing fuel mileage testing last night with the BMW. With fuel consumption at x2 with auto trans and on RS. The BMW drank about 75% of it's fuel tank pre lap. With what I am capable. The BMW can of make 4 laps on fuel on fumes with x2 consumption. I would suggest save a little fuel in for anyone interested in the BMW just in case. It handles the bumps very well here.

Anyways I think x2 is your magic number for fuel consumption.

Important note about tire wear I learned from my Gr.3 race here in October.

When I made my tire settings for the race I allowed RS, RM, RH. In order to try to the harder tires useful. I set tire wear so RS wear down to half life in about 2 laps, RM about 3 Laps, RH 4 to 5 laps. Fuel consumption was 3 to 4 laps.

Despite the high tire wear. During the race it proved to be faster to pit every 2 Laps than was to stay on RM or RH. So I'm honestly not sure to make RM and RH useful in this race.

Important note about tire wear I learned from my Gr.3 race here in October.

When I made my tire settings for the race I allowed RS, RM, RH. In order to try to the harder tires useful. I set tire wear so RS wear down to half life in about 2 laps, RM about 3 Laps, RH 4 to 5 laps. Fuel consumption was 3 to 4 laps.

Despite the high tire wear. During the race it proved to be faster to pit every 2 Laps than was to stay on RM or RH. So I'm honestly not sure to make RM and RH useful in this race.

Everything you have said in all your post is some great information.

I had thought 17 laps for 2.4hr so when you said 16 laps I was like damn I was close.
I shooting for around 4 laps before each pit stop. I feel every two laps is a little extreme for Nurburgring in a 16 lap race.

Its been @Cold Warrior @micantony and myself doing all the testing for this race so we get it absolutely right.

Everything you have said in all your post is some great information.

I had thought 17 laps for 2.4hr so when you said 16 laps I was like damn I was close.
I shooting for around 4 laps before each pit stop. I feel every two laps is a little extreme for Nurburgring in a 16 lap race.

Its been @Cold Warrior @micantony and myself doing all the testing for this race so we get it absolutely right.
That's not exactly what I wanted out of my race either. My goal was to try to 3 tires types useful. Apparently mechanical grip is important enough at the Nurburgring that RS can make up enough time in only 2 laps.

ARL is hosting a Gr4 special event this Wednesday if anyone is interested.

All drivers are welcome to join.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gr4-special-event-11-20-19.390778/

I really wish I could join in on Wednesday's

That's not exactly what I wanted out of my race either. My goal was to try to 3 tires types useful. Apparently mechanical grip is important enough at the Nurburgring that RS can make up enough time in only 2 laps.

Well we have been on RS all year because I just gave up on trying to make all 3 tire compounds work together..( they just don't)
I really wish PD would add the Setting into the lobby section that would allow me to make it mandatory to change the tire compound every pit stop. That's the only way it will ever work and balance out.

That's always been the case at this track. lap times on RS (vs RM or RH) make up for the extra pit stops you need to make. Plus the slippery'er RM and RH tires make them wear faster and make it more dangerous to go faster too. So I don't even bother trying to use anything but the softest tire available at this Track. Plus the pit stops aren't that long here either.

Rinsky, I would like to do a test race some time to see how long it takes to pit in race settings. I noticed at Spa, the pit stop times were much longer in the race itself than the stop time during practice/testing. I hadn't noticed that before.

Rinsky, I would like to do a test race some time to see how long it takes to pit in race settings. I noticed at Spa, the pit stop times were much longer in the race itself than the stop time during practice/testing. I hadn't noticed that before.

Wow I didn't even notice that probably because I don't pit when running practice laps.
So yeah let's setup a mock race under full race conditions and test some things out.
When is a good time for you?

I have some free time tomorrow from around 12:00 pm to 6 or 7:00 pm
So I will open the race lobby up for practice & testing in between that time.

Last edited:
Sorry, just saw your message. I am pretty slammed at work, but I sit 6 feet from my rig and can easily hop on any time to do a quick test of the pit stops (30 minutes is probably all i need to set aside to meet up and run a few laps/pit :sly: ).
Let me know the next window you have open. My PS4 is up and i am available most of today and tomorrow to meet up.

Sorry, just saw your message. I am pretty slammed at work, but I sit 6 feet from my rig and can easily hop on any time to do a quick test of the pit stops (30 minutes is probably all i need to set aside to meet up and run a few laps/pit :sly: ).
Let me know the next window you have open. My PS4 is up and i am available most of today and tomorrow to meet up.

Ok I will let you know. So far most of my day is with the family and doing things with them. I might have some free time later on though.

Back