Murcie's Garage - R51 Pathfinder Ti - Almost Everything is Done! (20/02/2020)

Really nice impreza there, nice choice on the wheels too 👍 Are the Sideskirts and front/real lips standard on this car or are they aftermarket parts? Nice car nonetheless

Thanks mate 👍 and the body is all the standard 2000 WRX kit, though I am thinking of getting a flat black lip to match the flat black skirts and the little bits on the back bumper.

Eyelidsfrontlip.jpg

Though you will probably be relieved to hear I'm going to steer well clear of those eyelids ;)

I'm liking the front lip, looks pretty neat 👍
:lol: those eyelids...:yuck:

Any other modifications you have in mind?

Maybe wayyyyyy down the track I might get some TEIN coils and think about some more poke under the hood but I'm loving it as it is at the moment; just gonna keep it well maintained and tidy. It's such a dream to drive.

Indeed, about middle-of-the-range for these CSE4s.

Though what worries me about some of the ones that I've seen for sale is how many of them have had their engines rebuilt or swapped in such a relatively short timeframe; pains me to think that the owners treat these like every other WRX. Granted the CSE4s aren't that special but still I take pride in saying that I usually baby this one which I don't reckon I could have said the same if I bought the white one I was looking at prior. Just something about the CSE4 makes it a lot more special to me.

Yeah.. I understand how it is with that CSE4 of yours. Looks like you take very good care of it.
Some of those other owners just don't care about their cars, no pride either.

So, in lieu of the new wheels STILL NOT BEING HERE (please let it only be a week or two more, Enkei! Please!) I have come to the startling conclusion that I haven't actually taken any more pictures of the CSE4 since the day after I bought it, which is kind of tragic really. So to prove she's not camera shy, here's a photoshoot, most of the photos in delicious Full HD. Dial up users need not apply.

89792459.jpg

87151382.jpg

Untitled-3_zpseebd20f8.jpg

Random bug just chillin' out of focus.

79623495.jpg

29889413.jpg

Shoutout to Bullet for My Valentine.

92715192.jpg

Unfortunately in the process of taking these shots I noticed the left foglight's out. Gonna see to that ASAP.

Untitled-7_zps658f7b21.jpg

56467267.jpg

Lotsa doof doof comes out of this bad boy.

Untitled-9_zpsd15439e0.jpg

Enjoy.

Where abouts in SA are you mate? If you're closeish to the city we should meet up sometime and do a photoshoot of both of ours together, with your new wheels too.

I have been taking photos of cars for a few months now at different events (qld mainly) and am now getting requests for photoshoots and stuff all the time so it'd be good practice :).

Also, it seems South Australia is the home of the GC8, I have never seen so many per day in my life. I'd see a few per week back home but here its just crazy :lol:.

The Club Spec Evo 4 basically took the standard 2000 model WRX and turned the yellow up. Special edition "Cashmere Yellow" paint (I believe this was a colour choice for JDM STis), with matching yellow Alcantara inserts on the standard WRX bucket seats. Instead of the MY00 6-spoke wheels the CSE4 has the MY99 5-spokers, painted black.

On the inside, the CSE4 got two extra tweeters in the doors (next to the door handles) and a Clarion CD player over the standard radio/casette player. Also it has STi white-faced gauges instead of the black-faced gauges in a standard Rexy.

Engine and drivetrain are untouched.

P.M'd you buddy :)

Also down where I am there's about 7 or 8 GC8s...they outnumber every other generation by far :lol:

Cheers mate 👍

Yeah, I work right in the CBD and every single loud boxer I hear is pretty much guaranteed to be a gc8, or at least an impreza of some sort :lol:.

Well of course it's pretty much guaranteed to be an Impreza lol. The sound is pretty distinctive, the only other option is a Legacy, but more people modify Imprezas, due to it being a sports car. Unless you live in NZ. Modified Legacys are like the lifeblood of the modified car scene over there lol.

Modified Legacys are like the lifeblood of the modified car scene over there lol.
Naaaah. Over here everything's a riced Skyline or Impreza, Legacies always have obnoxiously loud exhausts but that's about it.

At least in Christchurch, I don't know what it's like up north...

Just curious, How do you like the Type S? What amp aare you running? Looking at these for our Tahoe...

Liking it a lot. It's hooked up to an older Rockford Fosgate PUNCH monoblock that came out of the first SIC EM (2005 WRX). Pretty well-controlled bass for my metal-heavy iPod mix and pretty good bang for buck; cost AU$299 with enclosure.

It's got a hell of a lot of punch for dubstep/D'n'B too, my other main genres.

Thanks man 👍

It's been a fairly expensive undertaking having this as my first properly modified car but it's all worth it in the end. Never ceases to put a smile on my face.

Nice pics mayne.👍 And BFMV FTW. :lol:

Thanks mate 👍

Very quick update...I'm now $1200 poorer because, thank the heavens above, a shipping container arrived in Sydney yesterday with, among other things, none other than a set of Enkei GTC01 wheels to fit a Subaru WRX. Hmmm, I wonder who it could be for? :sly:

So now they're fully paid for and making their couple of thousand-odd kay journey to my humble abode. Cannot 🤬 wait!! :D

Back