Music Rally

• Thread starter crooky369
  • 7 comments
phillip_andrews
Where's the love for Music Rally?

I'm loving feeling the new physics engine with the old slidey cars with music blasting away in the background. I find if I don't get gold I just keep turning the music volume up until I do!

I've only had a few hours with the game but this is the perfect content to ease you into the game. Get a feel for the handling, adjust your image settings etc.

I'm happy to find I'm not getting gold first time every time either. They're not super hard but they're not massively easy either.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Most people don't seem to really understand them, myself included. How can you "drive to a beat"? You just drive as fast as you can and overtake the AI cars, same as you do any other mode. The only difference is that there is a countdown of "beats" and you replenish them at checkpoint gate.

I don't see how the music specifically plays into it, other than the simple fact it exists. You could replace the beats with seconds like the old Sierra Time Rally, It'd be exactly the same as far as I can see. I see no deep integration where the music directly affects what you're actually doing.

Harley45

Grumpy Old Git
Premium
ScruffybUK
I quite enjoyed it , stiil don't understand it though .

Music for the first race is one of my all time faves so was just chilling and driving .

Lion-Face

Premium
New Zealand
Invercargill
Lion-Face
Most people don't seem to really understand them, myself included. How can you "drive to a beat"? You just drive as fast as you can and overtake the AI cars, same as you do any other mode. The only difference is that there is a countdown of "beats" and you replenish them at checkpoint gate.

I don't see how the music specifically plays into it, other than the simple fact it exists. You could replace the beats with seconds like the old Sierra Time Rally, It'd be exactly the same as far as I can see. I see no deep integration where the music directly affects what you're actually doing.
That's it, that's all there is to it. The only other difference between music rally and your traditional arcade time attack is this mode ends when the music ends, so it is about going as far as you can within the length of the music track, compared to your traditional time attack modes, where, in theory, you could drive indefinitely provided you kept hitting checkpoints and there was enough bonus time to allow you to get to the next checkpoint.

It's certainly not any deeper than that, I'm really enjoying the mode, and it sounds great through my sound system! Reminds me a little of Wipeout's Zone mode, although that one was a lot more stressful than music rally.

United Kingdom
bristol
smokebeer
First thing i do in every game is turn the music off so this just seems asinine to me i didn't even complete the intro after that first event i just left it to install

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
First thing i do in every game is turn the music off so this just seems asinine to me i didn't even complete the intro after that first event i just left it to install
Same here.
Not once ever have I had in-race BGM switched on. It’s distracting at best.

Last edited:
United States
Kathleen, Georgia
micahsbeard
micahs beard
It's just a throw back to old arcade racers, it should be great for my 6 year old son. I think it's definitely a cool way to get them into it on something more on their level.

United States
United States
Blood_Raven_70
I can't get gold in the 3rd one. I've gotten silver. And I've gotten close to gold.....but no gold. I can't hear the car's revs over the music. And after the 6th try, or so, the music is getting annoying. It was a cool song, at first. But now it's just annoying. I'd much rather hear the car revving and not have to look at the tachometer to know when to shift rather than hear music.

I always turn the music off in GT games, but I haven't seen a way to do this in Music Rally.