Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
There is another just as good for people bored with the Nostalgia Race,
The Nations Cup X2014 at Catalunya 8 laps= 230K (without clean race bonus) in under 11mins( without cutting) so potentially 345K in 10mins

You'll win it the day after you spend 20 mil on it. Yet don't feel too bad, you get 6 mil trade in value on your brand new 20 mil car :lol:

Wait... WHAT???

So back in 2018 you could actually sell any car? I'm saying this because I cannot sell my 330 P4 that I've bought. Was there an update? I started playing about 2 months ago.

Wait... WHAT???

So back in 2018 you could actually sell any car? I'm saying this because I cannot sell my 330 P4 that I've bought. Was there an update? I started playing about 2 months ago.

You still can. I just checked and the game will give me 6 mill for the 330 P4 I bought. Are you sure you bought it with in game credits, no dots or anything?

I had purchased a Renault R8 Gordini and entered Race 1 of the Nostalgic 1979 race with that but it wasn't effective. I thus sold that car and later purchased a Ferrari 330 P4 and won race 1 with that car.

I'm not a fan of grinding but I did it yesterday... 11.000.000 Cr. in 7 Hours on BMB with McLaren F1 N500 (315.000 in 11,5 Min always, because this car is so fast and easy to drive). Meanwhile I listened some podcasts.

I just wanted already to have Ford MK IV Race Car, and bought it. And you know what, I'm glad to have this baby in my garage. I have already played today using this car and have on my account 3.500.000 Cr. from just having fun with Ford. And it's only beginning. :)
I think that I will buy still only the Alfa Romeo, because it seems to be such a cool Race Car.

You don't need to buy them all, only these which you find worth attention.

7hours BMB? :crazy:

take the rs500 in n300. 375000 in 11,45 to 11,50 :D
i changed a little after release of the rx500, little bit slower on straight, but faster in corner

You still can. I just checked and the game will give me 6 mill for the 330 P4 I bought. Are you sure you bought it with in game credits, no dots or anything?

Last time I saw the "sell" button was grey... Maybe I didn't check propperly. If that's the case, then it's good news for me. If I get a 330 P4 on the roullete, I'll just sell my current P4... and buy more cars with that money.

The most expensive car I got from the Roullete was a Lamborghini Veneno or an Aston Martin Vulcan, I think both are above 3 million each. Certainly haven't won a single 10 million+ classic car...

Last time I saw the "sell" button was grey... Maybe I didn't check propperly. If that's the case, then it's good news for me. If I get a 330 P4 on the roullete, I'll just sell my current P4... and buy more cars with that money.

The most expensive car I got from the Roullete was a Lamborghini Veneno or an Aston Martin Vulcan, I think both are above 3 million each. Certainly haven't won a single 10 million+ classic car...

Me neither after receiving 601 daily gifts. I wish you could turn it off cause it's just messing up my garage with useless duplicates, and sometimes causes me to miss a race entry due to that annoyingly slow roulette.

You should be able to either sell the cars for creditz, ANY even a 1/10 price would suffice since you win these cars daily... Or at the very very least, trade them for miles. Otherwise they bring absolutely nothing but full your entire garage with replicates everywhere.

Last time I saw the "sell" button was grey... Maybe I didn't check propperly.
The only thing I can think of is that you can't sell your current car (IIRC), if you were in the car you are trying to sell changing to another should let you delete or sell the Ferrari.

Last edited:
There are probably comments on the D Type elsewhere, but this seems a logical place to comment on the new car.
Initially I was very disappointed with it because, in standard form, it is way too slow to compete in the Pro Nostalgic 1979 races. However, fully loaded it more than holds its own, and I now love it!
It's slower than the Aston Martin (which, after tuning, can hit 220mph without slipstreaming!) but still hits well over 200mph and is probably a bit more stable.
I think the car is a bit more twitchy than the newer cars (P330, XJ13 and Mk IV) but I still find it incredible fun.

A few weeks ago I managed to grind BMB up to 10 million credits before I threw the towel in :boggled: I went back last night and scraped up another 6 million.. It's very boring tbh and I feel like I'm falling asleep after half a dozen of those boring oval races haha :P anyway 4 mill left and I'm there! will do the last grind tonight.. wont be going anywhere near BMB for a long long time after this :yuck:👍

A few weeks ago I managed to grind BMB up to 10 million credits before I threw the towel in :boggled: I went back last night and scraped up another 6 million.. It's very boring tbh and I feel like I'm falling asleep after half a dozen of those boring oval races haha :P anyway 4 mill left and I'm there! will do the last grind tonight.. wont be going anywhere near BMB for a long long time after this :yuck:👍
Try Gr. 1 Monza for a change.... plenty of credits, 10 minutes or less.... but great fun and you won't dare fall asleep!

Try Gr. 1 Monza for a change.... plenty of credits, 10 minutes or less.... but great fun and you won't dare fall asleep!
I'd forgotten how much fun the Gr.1 Monza race is. It pays pretty well and, being the 'no chicane' version, it's fun and fast.
I completed it in just over the 10 minutes, but then I am 'Joe Slow'. I do also run my Gr.1 cars on RH tyres and without any tuning... :cool:

I have 20 million but there is not a snowball in hell's chance of me spending all of it on one car now.

I'll leave it to chance.

Once a day.

For somewhere under 12 minutes.

That is Gran Turismo Sport.
I would suggest the following if you are at or near the cap.
Go buy a Ford GT40 MARK 1 1966 for 2.8 mill, it's worth 840,000 when you sell it.
Think of it as banking credits.
That way you are still earning credits for what you do every day.

I was sitting at about 17.5 million credits when this patch dropped, bought the 5 cars, dropped down to 2.7 mill.
Sold the 9 GT40's i had and now sitting with over 11 mill already.
I just like to be prepared in case they drop an expensive car on us.:cheers:

Man, I really do have the least luck...

Been grinding a lot for credits and bought the 330 P4 and the XJ13... Today on the roullete... A Miura, A Ford Mark IV and an F1 AMG W08 Merc(which I already bought, and BTW it's nice to change the pace in the grinding to use this car which I love to drive on the Red Bull Ring, a little above 15 minutes for 360 million credits with the clean Bonus)... And of course, I end up winning a goddamn RCZ Gr. B car, a car I've won for 3x already... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Both sardegna reverse and goodwood are rough with the Daytona. I'm using a HSG tune max downforce and a 280km/h final drive and its not doing too well at all.

2nd at Sardegna because I know the track well but that 330p4 just pulls a lead. Less said about goodwood the better.

I'd forgotten how much fun the Gr.1 Monza race is. It pays pretty well and, being the 'no chicane' version, it's fun and fast.
I completed it in just over the 10 minutes, but then I am 'Joe Slow'. I do also run my Gr.1 cars on RH tyres and without any tuning... :cool:
That's a good time then! I tune Gr.1 to the max, stick on super softs and go ;)
After all, I'm in it for the money....:cheers:

Both sardegna reverse and goodwood are rough with the Daytona. I'm using a HSG tune max downforce and a 280km/h final drive and its not doing too well at all.

2nd at Sardegna because I know the track well but that 330p4 just pulls a lead. Less said about goodwood the better.
I've grown fond of Sardegna A reverse. I was able to get the win in the Daytona with 3 330s in the race. The first two started third and fourth. Used the same minimal tune that I use at Le Sarthe, with max power, but changed top speed to 168mph, if I remember correct. Had second place by lap 3, and the lead early in lap 5. The 330 challenged me a couple times after the initial pass, then fell back to about 1.5 seconds at the finish.

Had another race where the 330 started on pole, and could have won that race, but kept making stupid mistakes. It's definitely doable.

Love the track, so I've run it a few times, have yet to get the clean bonus though. The AI will dive bomb you in a heartbeat.

Seems like this is a good place for this: haven't won either of the new Nostalgic 1979 races. I have the XJ13 and the P4, and I'm sitting on about $16 mil. The P4 is a joke at handling on Goodwood and the XJ13 isn't much better. What's the recommended move here? Should I hold out for another $4 mil and go for one of the two remaining $20 mil cars? I've got pretty much everything I care about buying at this point minus the old-school Giulia, the $10 mil Aston, the expensive Shelby, the new Jag, the $20 mil Ford, and the other $20 mil Ferrari, and I don't see another update coming for four weeks, so I'm happy to blow my wad of money on the right car. Any suggestions for best car for these new races?

The P4 should win those easily just have to be careful with the throttle as it likes to tripod. The Ford MK IV can easily beat the Sardegna II but when it comes to the Goodwood race it's tougher to catch the P4 in first place.

Seems like this is a good place for this: haven't won either of the new Nostalgic 1979 races. I have the XJ13 and the P4, and I'm sitting on about $16 mil. The P4 is a joke at handling on Goodwood and the XJ13 isn't much better. What's the recommended move here? Should I hold out for another $4 mil and go for one of the two remaining $20 mil cars? I've got pretty much everything I care about buying at this point minus the old-school Giulia, the $10 mil Aston, the expensive Shelby, the new Jag, the $20 mil Ford, and the other $20 mil Ferrari, and I don't see another update coming for four weeks, so I'm happy to blow my wad of money on the right car. Any suggestions for best car for these new races?
If you tune the XJ13 and the P4, you should not have an issues with those cars.

Took me three attempts, but won the Good wood race, with the Daytona. Had a 330 start forth, took the lead on lap 6, and won by .756. The Ferrari was ready to pounce if I screwed up on the last lap.

I won both races with the XJ13 when it first came out and today i won Goodwood with the D-TYPE '54 and actually got the clean race bonus,
with an 8:37.xxx time.
Then i decided to change up the field of cars multiple times and yikes, there are some very very fast AI cars winning Goodwood.
P330 - 7:55.4 - 7:59.3 - 8:00.4
Mark IV - 7:55(2nd place was an XJ13-7:56) - 8:02.5 - 8:06
XJ13 - 8:05 - 8.:07 - 8:09
Cobra - 8:20 - 8:23
All above times are all different AI drivers.

I run all my cars max power-min weight and max down force(really helps alot)
My best time was an 8:17.xxx in the P330.
My next best car was the Mark IV then XJ13 - D-TYPE'54 and Cobra.

I did 18 races today, won 3.
So all those people looking for hard AI races, there you go and good luck.:cheers:

Edit: My new best time is 7:55.033 , didn't think it was possible two weeks ago!

Edit 2: Down to a 7:52.869 , 6 consecutive 1:06.xxx laps, it's so on the edge!

Last Edit: Down to a 7:46.404 and lost. Did 6 races against AI who ran between 7:44 and 7:50. Managed 1 win with a 7:49 , AI was slow at 7:50 :crazy:

Last edited:
2nd at goodwood and 2nd at sardegna A reverse in my daytona... the gold can be done on both as I'm less than 5 secs behind the lead 330p4 however you need to run two perfect races... ie. no off's and you should be doing close to qualifying times

For a few of the corners on sardegna you need to be in 5th doing full power turns at 220km/h plus so really... stuff you wouldnt do in real life!

eg. turn 1 sardegna

The 330p4 would do this in its sleep so I guess I should die now? or git gud with the daytona? or grind for the 330? your choice,

A couple more tries in the P4 got me first at Sardegna. I was in first by lap 5, which by my standards is pretty late, but the AI definitely seems tougher on these two new events.

Let's not talk about Goodwood. There's some shenanigans going on with the AI running 1:08 laps.

Back