My 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited [Sold]

Over the holidays, I finally got that engine light taken care of.

@SVX, you were right. It was a bad oxygen sensor, so thank you for the tip. :)

But after getting that done, I found out that there's still some other maintenance stuff to take care of. I still have my eye on that exhaust upgrade though. I'm going to try to save a little money on the side to do it.

Overall, my Legacy is still running as well as the day I bought it. Now that I had it for 3 years, it's proved to be a reliable car without breaking my wallet. Here's a picture of it from a few weeks ago after I washed it.

6B972DCF-7FEE-4DC3-9A9D-6122C810FC8D_zpstrlnaoya.jpg

This post isn't about my car but my mom found some photos of her Subaru GL (Leone) that she had back in the 80's. It was used as a demo car, so it was fairly new when she bought it. Now I know where I got my tastes from. :lol:

83CD74F3-8C9E-441E-B06C-75FA8C640681_zpsvoz32ths.jpg

C1BE0291-50E0-4A44-88A8-39B6233DDC28_zpsrangu36w.jpg

Unfortunately, she eventually traded it away for a BMW 3-series. :(

Well, it’s time to revive this thread with some unfortunate news. After 7 years, the clutch is starting to kick the bucket. It squeaks whenever the pedal is stepped on and of course, there’s that awful burnt smell. So won’t be driving the Legacy for now. Fortunately, I don’t have heavy reliance on the car in day-to-day life, so I’m willing to wait as long as I have to until I can get the clutch replaced.

The car also has 195,000 miles now.

Even more bad news. Talked to my mechanic and it turns out one of the previous owners replaced the clutch, flywheel, every part involved in making the car shift gears, with aftermarket performance parts made by some German company...that’s no longer in business.

If that company was still around, only the clutch would have to be replaced, but now all of those parts have to be replaced with original Subaru parts, which is going to be quite costly to say the least. :banghead:

But I’m biting the bullet and going forward with the repair. No point in keeping the car broken.

I wasn’t looking forward to making this post, but I sadly had to sell the Legacy. Long story short, it got a severe oil leak over the past several months, to the point where I had to regularly carry fresh oil with me. And unfortunately a problem like this was too expensive for me to fix this time, so it was time to let it go. On the positive side, I had this car for almost a decade and drove it up to 207,000 miles, so I’m at least glad I was able to get a lot of it in the grand scheme of things. Here’s one of my last photos of the car before selling it a few days later:

26332000-47C2-43B9-A10D-5A73188D9516.jpeg

———————-

419FD4BB-5A14-4B83-90A7-9A0AA0D832E3.jpeg

So I now drive this 2016 Lexus IS 300 AWD with 35,000 miles. It’s not a F Sport model, and while that would’ve been nice to have, I really wasn’t in a good position to be picky considering most of the differences with the F Sport are just cosmetic at the end of the day. Because of my circumstances I needed a good, reliable car ASAP to travel to work and whatnot and this IS 300 is what I liked most that was in my local area.

That being said, I’ve had the car for a month now and I’m quite happy with it. It produces the same amount of power as the Legacy and it’s no slouch in Sport mode. I will miss driving a manual though.

Back