my car hates to turn

• Thread starter gibson
  • 12 comments
i have the 83 yota sprinter trueno with 224 hp, n1 tires, brake controler at 9/15,
origanal suspention package with spring rate of 8.6/8.6,, ride height at 98/100, shocks at 7/8, camber at 5.0/0.0, toe at 1/0, and stabilers at 4/5. i got the 3 plat cluch and racing flywheel, and i got an lsd wit inital torque at 10, accel at 44 and decele at 12. i spent the last hour and a hlaf trying to fix these seting to get this thing to turn, drift, and not snap back. any help tips or hint so get me to stop totaling my baby?

lower the camber on the front and the toe, i dont ever use toe angle....my settings on this car is

Camber 0.5/0.0
toe 0.0/0.0
stabil. 4/4
LSD 15 to 18
accel. 40
decel. 25
brake Con. 4/2

the motor and trans. are fully modded.... just drive the car for a while and you'll get used to it:tup:

Umm Are you sure its not just YOU who can't quite drift, becasue i spotted the word "snapback". That most usually means that one hasn't developed the skill to do drift perfectly. Still, keep tampering with the settings until you get it right.

P.S. Correct your mistyping and slang terms such as "yota", "plat cluch".

the AE86's tend to have a little snapback, and require more precise control due to their short wheelbase, but your car shouldnt hate to turn unless the settings are butchered, and you may have too much demon camber

thats what i was thinking loon. it wont be the one source of not being able to 'turn' but your ride hight needs to be even, or if it is uneven then you will want the rear higher than the front. having the front higher than the rear will promote understeer more since more weight is not on the front.

Keiichi Tsuchiya - What do you do when you think there's going to be understeer? Just pull the ol' E-brake.

And yeah, settings matter too. Make sure the front suspension is softer than the rear.

my opinion, if you can find other settings that you might like, I say stick with the settings. and the better you get, mess around with it just a bit.

well, the reason rear wheel drive cars can handle more power, is beacuse when they accelerate, more weight is shifted to the rear right? so it makes the acceleration a little better, when the rear is lower, it is harder to shift MORE weight thatn there already is. even though youll have more weight on the rear to begin with, it will be more even.

Back