my cheap win on the MX-5 endro

• Thread starter Foamy
  • 6 comments

Foamy

(Banned)
Cheap but very hard
i first started on Domestic B took me 3 days to get all gold
my prize a blue MX-5 1.8i(not the light blue or dark blue you can buy)
then started on Domestic A.
Mostly bronze
International B & A mostly bronze

so i can do the endro now so i chooseing the best tyres for the car & track

was 3K short so i do the sunday cup get the 3K
& get med-hard tyres(you should be pitting each 11 laps) & oil change
total cost 22,250
so i enter the MX-5 endro
the feild as follows
MX-5 1.8i
MX-5 1.8 RS
MX-5(J)
MX-5(J)
MX-5(J)
MX-5 1.8i(me)

i start the race taking it easy know that i'll win being the fastest & all
by lap 2 i'm in 3rd over taking the MX-5(J)'s very easly now focusing on the MX-5 1.8 RS over take him on lap 2 on the S bend (near last corner)

the MX-5 1.8i was 20 seconds in front @ finish line
@ T1 19.756 seconds
@ T2 17.235 seconds
@ T3 15.479 seconds
beat him while in pit & the rest is easy

my prize car the F1 001
purple with dark purple stripe over engine bay

so if you want a challenge try this

Glad you also found this event, one of the best in GT3.

Heres a report of one of my races from my GT3 write up.
"Day 110. Go to the Mazda garage and buy the Cheapest MX-5 on the lot, a nice black 1.8 with pop up headlights. Got the dealer to add gold BBS wheels with sport tires and an oil change. The 128 bhp jumps to 132 with the oil change.

Enter the Roadster Endurance race.
Start from 6th and move to 3rd place at the end of lap 1 which was 1'55.151. Pass 2nd place car on lap 2. Lap time was 1'45.090 and am 9.065 seconds behind the AI 1.8i being driven on soft tires with a 3 lap pit strategy.
I go to first place as the 1.8i pits.
I am running low 1'45 laps for the next few laps until lap 7 when my front right goes orange. Looks like I will be running a 4 pit stop race pitting every 8 laps.
The 1.8i retakes the lead as I pit and I come out 2nd. I retake the lead at the start of lap 10 as the AI 1.8i pits again. Lead is never lost till the end of the race.
At lap 15 I lead by 34 seconds.
Lap 24 the lead is 45 seconds.
I lap positions 5 and 6 lap 29.
The lead at lap 30 was 55 seconds.
I lap 4 th on lap 37 and then lap 3rd next lap.
Fastest lap is set at lap 39 with a 1'43.906.
Finish the race 1'32.693 ahead of 2nd place.
I pitted at the end of lap 8, 16, 24 and 32.

Results
1st. Black MX-5 1.8 1:11'54.471
2nd . MX-5 1.8i 1:13'27.164
3rd. MX-5 1.8 RS + 1 lap
4th. MX-5 1.8 + 1 lap
5th. MX-5 1.6 + 1 lap
6th. MX-5 1.6 + 1 lap

100,000 prize credits and a Polyphony 002 in yellow with light purple striping over the engine cover. This is the first time I have ever won a F1 car this early in the game. (33% complete).

I did this yesterday. It is even cheaper and easier if you use the RS you get from winning Spider & Roadster. Use SUPER-SLICKS and get and oil change. Cost: $10,500

I simply won by not pitting. The car's tires never got worse than orange, and since the Miata isn't very fast, it made little difference.

Got 100,000 and a stupid MX-5. :grumpy:

I used the most expensive Miata I could get with my starter Cr as this was the first race I ran. I was outperformed by the Miata LS, but I was able to pit every 5 laps as opposed to the LS's 3-lap stints. My tires were cherry red, but I managed to control it, and I won by almost a lap.

About two years ago, I won the B-license Miata, and jumped right into the Roadster Enduro. I forgot to buy tires, so I had to pit every 4 laps, but I think I lapped every car but the 2nd place car.

My cost was 0 credits in this case, although it took me about 3-4 hours to get all-gold, and an hour to win the Enduro. I won a purple F1 car (the F188/S?) for my second car. I sold it for big money, and never worried about money for the rest of the game.

I stayed home from work last week with a cold. Really, it was bad enough and I hadn't missed a day all year. I dragged myself out of bed about noon, checked e-mail and got a little breakfast and psuedephedrine. Now would be an excellent time to do that Miata enduro. I lined up 3 tumblers of juice with ice and brought the phone with me.
I selected a yellow MX5 LS, it was my third acquisition of the game, a prize car that I hadn't messed with yet. I put super slicks on it a month or so ago and did a little practice then set it aside till I had some time. I qualified 2nd with a 1:45 something. I went back and took off the ASM completely and then posted a low 1:45 immediately (still 2nd). I was very comfortable with that.
I started the race trying to stay with the Aqua MX5 LS. My cold tires were no match for the stickier compound he must have been running. I overcooked the last turn before the tight switchbacks and dropped back to third until turn 2. I settled into a nice rythm in second as my tires finally began to warm up.
The Aqua LS was getting away but I wasn't too frazzled. my laps settled into 1:45s pretty consistently. on lap 5 or 6 Aqua pitted for tires. Mine were still green and I took the lead. Aqua came out behind me and caught and passed me in two laps. I couldn't begin to stay with him but I could tell that if he was only going to get 5 or 6 laps out of a set of tires, I had him covered. Sure enough, lap 10 he went in again. The rest of the field pitted about lap 8 if I recall. I pitted about lap 12. I probably could have stretched it longer as my lap times were still pretty consistient. I lost the lead for a couple of laps till Aqua pitted on 15. I never lost the lead after that. I stretched my tires till about lap 27 or 28. I had already lapped a backmarker or two. over the last 12 laps I managed to lap the rest of the field. I lapped Aqua on his (her?) last pitstop. With such a big lead I spent the last few laps trying to turn my fastest lap. During the middle stint I posted a high 1:43 while trying to chace down cars to lap. I never broke into the 1:43s again but I think I managed my second fastest lap (low 1:44) on the second to last lap.

I saw a Miata cup race last Saturday on SPEED at Laguna Seca. I was almost surprised at large number of off-course excursions. Pretty entertaining.

Back