my first drift vid (using DFP!!!) {UPDATED]

DriftingDreamer
http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3JD1GIIOWZGGK0JMVJ0P0PX4JY

its me driving the d1 fc on tsukaba...lol i dont drift all the turns but im happy with it..lol it was a miracle i survived 1 lap on the DFP without smacking into the wall, spinning out, or just completely stop middrift....my drifting isnt so bad....u could see some countersteering lol...doesnt really show in the vid but it shows on the weel! XD

EDIT:embarrassed:k i converted it to mpg

Not bad, honestly it looks about like my first few attemted drift laps in GT4. I know exactly what your problem is. You're trying to powerover, and balance the wheel instead of the car. That never works in GT4.(o.k. rarely) This is a feint game. Feint meaning turning left then right, or vise versa, quickly to snap the car sideways into the corner, (To do this while braking you have to go right, brake and to the left, then right again, or vise versa) then using very precise throttle control and steering very smoothly to avoid overcorrection, or losing your drift. The thing I find to work is keeping constant preasure on the wheel in the direction of the turn. If you try to balance the wheel, the car then becomes unbalanced and you'll either lose your drift or get the infamous "snap overcorrection". It's alot to do right and you've just got to practice, practice, practice, to get it right. Then practice some more.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. This isn't a wheelspin game. If you get massive wheelspin you're either going to end up getting alot of angle and stalling out (drift lost) or for some strange reason in this game you can get understeer because of it. (which one actually happens depends on your steering input)

Its all about car balance. If you get too much angle you'll stall out. If you don't have enough angle you'll get understeer. (either way, drift lost) And if you don't have angle coming into a corner, you likely won't have any through or exiting the corner. And if your speed is wrong (especially entry), you're screwed.

lol yeah thats kinda weird...on the supa long turn i feel like im starting to understeer so i rotate the wheel more....that doesnt do jack hahaha

and when i was still learning to get the drift right i would always stall out XD....

DriftingDreamer
lol yeah thats kinda weird...on the supa long turn i feel like im starting to understeer so i rotate the wheel more....that doesnt do jack hahaha

and when i was still learning to get the drift right i would always stall out XD....

Yeah,keeping preasure on the weel just keeps you sideways. Once you understeer in this game you're pretty much done with that turn. unless you can e-brake it loose or find a way to feint in the middle of a turn w/o wrecking. Good luck with that. :lol:

Anyways try initiating earlier and not correcting very much. You just gotta get the feel for it. Also try slowing down before the turn a bit more if you want to powerover it.

The best place to learn GT4's drift physics is at High Speed Ring.

Check this thread if you havent seen it yet. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67061

Back