• Thread starter Flerbizky
  • 43 comments

Flerbizky

Weltanschauung
Premium
Denmark
Whateversville
Flerbizky
Did the Seattle 100 in my GT40 racecar. Only car that could keep up was the Cobra, and when he started pitting after every second lap and my tires were just becoming green I knew this was stupid. But I finished it to see if I could handle the 40 laps in a row.. Pitted on lap 8,16, 25(moved this pitstop one up and my left front tire were smouldering), 33...

Lap times were high 1.50's in pit laps, low to mid 1.30's on the other laps.. Total race time 1.05.39'679

Bone stock GT40 Racecar on Medium tires (T5's) and I actually liked the way it handled when the tires were cold (first lap after pitting.) Other than that it was 2 clicks up on downforce in the front, 2 clicks up on springrate F+R and +0.5 degrees toe-in front. TSC at 0 and ASM at 1. Still on auto though :grumpy:

So I'm gonna take my GT40 road car. Give it the full treatment (apart from the engine obviously) and try this once again on T4's... Should equal things a bit :)

More on this when it's done in the GT40 roadcar
Got the Nismo GT-R Road Car btw... Wanted the damn ZZII or the F1 :grumpy:

you're gonna blow them all into little pieces if you use any GT40. try it with a Camaro.

Cano

or even a smaller, underpowered car, for some challenge.

Originally posted by Cano
you're gonna blow them all into little pieces if you use any GT40. try it with a Camaro.

You think ?.. A stock GT40 with it's measly 322Bhp ?...

What cars does the competition use? Try using almost similar cars...but stock.

Im almost sure, you could try, but I think you will blow the off. the GT40 is almost a race car, and is very agile if you know how to deal with it. and the CPU is stupid. so, I think you will beat them with ease. try, tough.

Cano

If you are smart enough to use good pit strategy you can win with a fairly stock Elise.

I think they are vettes, camaros, the mustang and viper, and the cobra. the usual ones @ seattle.

Cano

and yes, if you use a good pitting strategy(not superslicks, please) you can win with virtually every car. its like dat in many races.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
What cars does the competition use? Try using almost similar cars...but stock.
A Viper GTS, a Cobra (doesn't count. Pits every other lap :D ), a Mustang something with a lard 4ss rear spoiler, a Camaro and something else :D Oh yeah - A C6 Vette..

Originally posted by Gil
If you are smart enough to use good pit strategy you can win with a fairly stock Elise.
Yeah? Can those in the know, ie you, let us who aren't in the know, ie me, in on this most spectacular pit strategy?

Originally posted by Cano

Cano

or even a smaller, underpowered car, for some challenge.

You're right.. The GT40 DID blow them away. So I'm thinking - A sligtly modded Trueno Shigeno version on some T5's :mischievous:

Ah ok...if you want competition, I suggest something around the 50,000 credit mark then...stock of course...maybe with T2s.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Ah ok...if you want competition, I suggest something around the 50,000 credit mark then...stock of course...maybe with T2s.
Yep, like an older Skyline or a Supra.

Originally posted by SandStorm
You need Manual - I started using it a month ago and the difference is amazing.
That's my next project :D Just did the Seattle 100 again in a Trueno. I think I might have had the time for a last pit (which was very much needed) but I didn't take it... Damn Z06 Vette were getting closer..

Ohh well.. Got the Poly 002 :D

Originally posted by Flerbizky
You think ?.. A stock GT40 with it's measly 322Bhp ?...
Hi Flerbizky:
:D Have beat this Enduro w/both MIATA & VITZ (it wasn't the Pink one, so can't call it a "Pitz".) Anything that will average 1'45.xxx including Pit Stops will take it easily. Keep up your quest for the ZZII, one of the OUTSTANDING Cars in the Game IMO...UB57
:D

BTW: Ever considered "donating" to the "Write-Up" Forum, like your reporting style. 👍

I did it in the Covette Z06, all non engine mods except chipped, port'n'polish. And won by a lap. The Cobra is damn fast but also damn stupid as well.

Originally posted by UB57
Hi Flerbizky:
:D Have beat this Enduro w/both MIATA & VITZ (it wasn't the Pink one, so can't call it a "Pitz".) Anything that will average 1'45.xxx including Pit Stops will take it easily. Keep up your quest for the ZZII, one of the OUTSTANDING Cars in the Game IMO...UB57
:D

With the Trueno I was running low to mid 1.40's (and a couple of VERY high 1.40's. Damn arse on the Trueno is a bit light from time to time on T4's :mischievous: )
So I guess anything that'll run 1.45 on a no pitstop round can win this race..

Although I didn't catch up with the Vette Z06 till lap 12 or 13... and 3 rounds after that to find a place to pass him. I'm trying to be as nice as possible. ie. not bumping other cars. Not hitting walls etc. We need some form of damage in GT4...

BTW: Ever considered "donating" to the "Write-Up" Forum, like your reporting style. 👍
Thanks. Appreciate it although this was just quick and dirty. Don't really have the energy to put a lot of effort into it.. The 12 hours of sleep didn't really help on my cold :(

But sure... If I come up with something worthwhile I'm sure we can find a mod that'll move it to the write-up section :D (Or else Giles will come and along and tell me and SandStorm (edit: Pringles.. Sorry) to quit it :crazy: )

And regarding the ZZII. I think I'll have a go at the Pro M/R Challenge... I still need to get the Panoz though so I can compare the sound of it to the GT40 ;)

Flerbizky: If you started a thread, you can move it yourself. Just go to the first post and use the "Admin Options" at the bottom. They'll work for you if you originated the thread.

And, Giles or no, I'll ask you to kindly minimize the slowchatting on the specific-subject boards. That's what the Rumble Strip is for.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Flerbizky: If you started a thread, you can move it yourself. Just go to the first post and use the "Admin Options" at the bottom. They'll work for you if you originated the thread.

Ohh ok.. Thanks... But I'm not gonna move anything unless somebody (pref. more than one) think it belongs in the write-ups...)

And, Giles or no, I'll ask you to kindly minimize the slowchatting on the specific-subject boards. That's what the Rumble Strip is for.
It was a joke.. in poor taste though

Cheers

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
Nismo GT-R Road Car
Thats a great car,.. AND, a very hard one to obtain,.. be happy with it 👍
Is that the silver one with colored wheels? Don't you get it in the Pro Race of the Red Emblem?

Either way, I got it from Seattle, also. I've only done a lap or two in stock form but I was totally not impressed. It seemed heavy and slow - does it get better with more power?

Is that the silver one with colored wheels? Don't you get it in the Pro Race of the Red Emblem?
Yes.. Looks plastic and heavy (and a measly 320 something Bhp after oilchange :mad: )
and no... The Red Emblem will get you the Calsonic Skyline (What's with all the Skylines ? ? ? :dopey: )

I've only done a lap or two in stock form but I was totally not impressed. It seemed heavy and slow
Can't really say that makes me feel anymore for taking it for a spin :irked:

Well, give it a shot on your own and see what you think. I'm not the world's biggest Skyline fan in general. It may wake up with some extra poewr under the hood.

OK, I see from the list that it's the only prize in the Pro FR Cup: FR Challenge -- Nismo GT-R LM Road Car. So you're guaranteed to get it there, although only one copy. That and the Seattle Enduro.

Originally posted by Flerbizky
Did the Seattle 100 in my GT40 racecar. Only car that could keep up was the Cobra, and when he started pitting after every second lap and my tires were just becoming green I knew this was stupid. But I finished it to see if I could handle the 40 laps in a row.. Pitted on lap 8,16, 25(moved this pitstop one up and my left front tire were smouldering), 33...

Lap times were high 1.50's in pit laps, low to mid 1.30's on the other laps.. Total race time 1.05.39'679

Bone stock GT40 Racecar on Medium tires (T5's) and I actually liked the way it handled when the tires were cold (first lap after pitting.) Other than that it was 2 clicks up on downforce in the front, 2 clicks up on springrate F+R and +0.5 degrees toe-in front. TSC at 0 and ASM at 1. Still on auto though :grumpy:

So I'm gonna take my GT40 road car. Give it the full treatment (apart from the engine obviously) and try this once again on T4's... Should equal things a bit :)

More on this when it's done in the GT40 roadcar
Got the Nismo GT-R Road Car btw... Wanted the damn ZZII or the F1 :grumpy:
i've found that the Ultra Softs work well on the GT-40

Well, give it a shot on your own and see what you think. I'm not the world's biggest Skyline fan in general. It may wake up with some extra poewr under the hood.

I've found that a racing transmission and some weight reduction help bring out the stock power nicely... that car is pretty heavy, and the stock gearing seems to be ill-suited for it. The suspension seems a bit spongy too.

Originally posted by Masterblaster
i've found that the Ultra Softs work well on the GT-40
I've found that I actually like T4's on the GT40.. You can steer that POS with the gas :crazy:

Back