My Gran Turismo 5 video review

• Thread starter Stune
  • 20 comments
I’d like to share with everyone my GT5 video review I have been working on over the last 3 days. Sadly due to the 10 min time limit imposed by YouTube some areas have been brushed over with very little detail and also I’m not able to evaluate any online components at this time. Since this is one of the closest to a ‘full review’ released so far I hope everyone can enjoy it. Of course the opinions stated in this review are purely my own take on GT5, which you are free to agree or disagree on. The quality isn’t HD and it was recorded with low-tech equipment, but with the lack of many other video review type footage it should make a for an entertaining watch.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBN7BOR9-c

Last edited:
I’d like to share with everyone my GT5 video review I have been working on over the last 3 days. Sadly due to the 10 min time limit imposed by YouTube some areas have been brushed over with very little detail and also I’m not able to evaluate any online components at this time. Since this is one of the closest to a ‘full review’ released so far I hope everyone can enjoy it. Of course the opinions stated in this review are purely my own take on GT5, which you are free to agree or disagree on. The quality isn’t HD and it was recorded with low-tech equipment, but with the lack of many other video review type footage it should make a for an entertaining watch.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBN7BOR9-c

note to mods: Would it be possible to embed the video? i couldn't get it working like that

There goes. Agree with your point about the Scirocco. Funny considering it's been one of the most visible car at GT's sponsored Nurburgring 24Hr. I'm sure we will get this car in a few months (hopefully). And thanks for the review.

Last edited:
Shell we just be honest now guys and stop with the fanboyism, it isnt THAT much better looking then forza. Infact id go as far to say that they both have their own strengths and weakness and some cases GT5 looks a bit better and othrr cases forza 3 looks a bit better. Graphics are not as mind blowinf as we thought they would be and NO i am not bashing the game, its just my opinion i know the games great :)

Shell we just be honest now guys and stop with the fanboyism, it isnt THAT much better looking then forza. Infact id go as far to say that they both have their own strengths and weakness and some cases GT5 looks a bit better and othrr cases forza 3 looks a bit better. Graphics are not as mind blowinf as we thought they would be and NO i am not bashing the game, its just my opinion i know the games great :)

WHere did Forza 3 come from? He didnt mention it once in his review.

Besides GT5 Runs at a higher resolution with weather effects and Much more advanced lighting system and a dynamic damage system unlike Borza pre canned crap.

WHere did Forza 3 come from? He didnt mention it once in his review.

Besides GT5 Runs at a higher resolution with weather effects and Much more advanced lighting system and a dynamic damage system unlike Borza pre canned crap.

Who said he mentioned forza 3? Thats my opinion on th graphics

As far as environments go, GT5 still has that 2-D cardboard cutout tree thing going, so FM3 is still the winner in terms of off-track looks.
But IMO every object that is actually on the track looks so much better in GT. If I look at Forza it looks good, but I can always tell that I'm looking at a game. But with GT5 every once in a while things line up in a way that makes them almost indistinguishable from real life.

I love FM3 and would have played it even during the GT5 install had my data not been corrupted a few days ago. So I'm not just saying this.

Ruf = "Roof" as in Alois Ruf. It's not sounded out as "Ruf".

Other than that, fantastic review! 👍

;)

Excellent review! Thanks!

I'm away on my honeymoon, but have my laptop and have snuck a few minutes of online time lol.

Anyways, haven't played the game yet, so I have a couple questions -

1. Does the AI seem to be more aware of your presence? I've read a couple reviews where it was stated that the AI stick to their rails like in previous GTs, and will ram into the back of you or smack into the side of your car if you're in their set line.

2. Is the damage system pretty negligible unless you are driving around ramming into everything? I don't want a system that requires you to race perfect or one small wall tap means you're finished, but I've read that the damage system is too muted to even be worth it.

Thanks!

Excellent review! Thanks!

I'm away on my honeymoon, but have my laptop and have snuck a few minutes of online time lol.

Anyways, haven't played the game yet, so I have a couple questions -

1. Does the AI seem to be more aware of your presence? I've read a couple reviews where it was stated that the AI stick to their rails like in previous GTs, and will ram into the back of you or smack into the side of your car if you're in their set line.

2. Is the damage system pretty negligible unless you are driving around ramming into everything? I don't want a system that requires you to race perfect or one small wall tap means you're finished, but I've read that the damage system is too muted to even be worth it.

Thanks!

1. I don't think the AI is perfect but it has improved a bit since the prologue.
2. The damage system is definitely too muted, you can barely see a dent if you crash into a wall a 150 Mph!

Disappointing indeed that tracks like Midway, Test Track, and El Capitan have been ommited. But tell you something, with DLC confirmed i would make no absolute rational sense to not bring these tracks back. I mean, even GT PSP has them, why not GT5. I believe it was a disk space issue rather than just an omission.

Great review 👍

Forza has cartoonish look. GT5 has superior gfx but shadows, and gfx glitches is bad :(

Great review. Thanks so much. Appreciate the time you took to do it.

Sadly, the positive review will probably fuel the hate around here too. :(

There is a problem with the steering on my Mercedes mclaren SLR

I use GT steering wheel with no driving aids just 1 abs +
racing : supersoft tires (force feed back maxed 10)

The biggest problem is when I'm cornering at low speeds its already understeering

The only time it oversteers is if I accelerate turn in from within 0-40 kmh

Other than that all low/mid cornering gets a huge understeer Never goes correctly even if I try slowing down and trying to remove the understeer waiting for an oversteers but never came ( it is basically like I have ASM all the time........ It won't let me unleash the savagery )

this doesn't feel or look right it rarely oversteers and mostly understeer when I try to neutralize the understeer then trying for a bit of oversteer at the exit it never came nor did it for all IT'S LIKE I HAVE ASM all the time which I do not.. ever

Another thing is the brakes I was expecting great brakes but I think it's not that great compared to the real mclaren SLR braking capability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azU1q-fkdns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBTubKLWOJk

Watch both to see what I mean by McLaren SLR braking capability xD

Btw anyone having the same feeling?

Latest Posts

Back