My GT4 24 hour at the ring story

Master_Yoda

(Banned)
At 12:00 PM Pacific (USA) time (loacted in california) I will start my 24 hour race.
I did this cause i've seen storys like this, and people liked them. So i'm doing this for people to read and for people that havn't done it, it will help them to choose what car.

Race Type: Endurence

Track:Nurburgring

Car: Unknown

Cars were considering using: Toyota Minolta(1,164 hp), Ford GT '05(798 hp), Chevrolet Corvette C5R Race Car(917 hp), Mercedes CLK Touring Car(764 hp), Mercedes SL 65 AMG R230 '04(952 hp), Dodge Viper SRT10 '03(983 hp) OPTION Stream Z '04(770 hp), Chaparel(???), Amuse S2000 GT1(510 hp), Audi A4 Touring Car(450 hp), Blitz Skyline(???),

I will be racing with my friend and we will switch off every hour. We are looking for a car that will be battleing in a close racee. We have no limit of money to spend. So we need your help to choose are car. So YOU tells US what to use and we will start my story as start and all the way threw to the finish. (i will have correct spelling, grammer, etc...) Please respond as fast as you can we only have 5.15 hours until we start.

I will tell you guys all the major things that happened every hour, or half hour. fell free to give out coments. For any questions PM me i will be on the whole time. I will be at my computer at all times.

More important than HP is handling and pitting strategy at the Ring 24h.
I b-speced it with the Chaparral in stock form and it was an easy win even though the car has less hp than some of the competition. The higher torque, reduced weight, better handling and acceleration had my b-spec driver lapping 40 seconds (6:51) faster than the M3 in setting 3. Even in setting 2 he was doing around 7:10. That was almost enough to pit every lap!

In comparison, the b-spec driver could only do 7:13 in the Option Stream (amlost 300extra HP but heavier and worse handling) on setting 4 and 7:27 on setting 3.

I would love it if you did it in the Amuse S2000 GT1, perhaps with a few upgrades.

EDIT: tried 1 lap at the 24h ring with the Amuse, 7:14 - 14s ahead of the pack, still green tires at stock configuration (510HP), so it'll last 2 laps. Much better if you change to R1 rear and R2 Front.
Was offered 54 A-spec points. This is a certain winner

It depends on what you call 'constant competition'. I have had 3 point races where I barely won (9 seconds or less) because I had to pit 7 -8 times more than the others. I was always having to push the limits of the car and my driving skills because of the severe tire handycap. I would call that constant competition even though I could drive circles around them.

If you want something that is equal in power and to win the race based on driving skills and pitting strategy then choose something in the 500-600HP range. Even Better, use the same BMW car as the competition (Was 2nd when I did the race). That should bring it down to driving skill and pitting..

Mr.Slow
It depends on what you call 'constant competition'. I have had 3 point races where I barely won (9 seconds or less) because I had to pit 7 -8 times more than the others. I was always having to push the limits of the car and my driving skills because of the severe tire handycap. I would call that constant competition even though I could drive circles around them.

If you want something that is equal in power and to win the race based on driving skills and pitting strategy then choose something in the 500-600HP range. Even Better, use the same BMW car as the competition (Was 2nd when I did the race). That should bring it down to driving skill and pitting..
Interesting, hhhmmm... i'm playing on a DS2 no sterring wheel so it would be a little harder and another fact that i'm not the best at the ring but my friend is alot better then me.

You aim for a 0.100 win after 24hrs? That would be an achievement!

I tried out the Audi A4 Touring car at ~450HP, did 7:22, 3s ahead of the M3 GTR. Stock, still green tires, that would make for a close race!

hispeed
You aim for a 0.100 win after 24hrs? That would be an achievement!

I tried out the Audi A4 Touring car at ~450HP, did 7:22, 3s ahead of the M3 GTR. Stock, still green tires, that would make for a close race!

is this one of the red bull cars? casue i have one of those. NOT going to use it cause it has always given me bad luck.

Tried the stock Blitz Skyline ER34 D1spec '04 (475HP). But, as I found out after the race, it was on S3 tires stock, so I lost the 1st lap by 6s at 7:38. Amazingly I didn't run off the track once!!

Gotta crash into bed now, FFS, it's 5 a.m. here now, at least I work from home (praise the lord for computer tech!) :)

hispeed
Tried the stock Blitz Skyline ER34 D1spec '04 (475HP). But, as I found out after the race, it was on S3 tires stock, so I lost the 1st lap by 6s at 7:38. Amazingly I didn't run off the track once!!

Gotta crash into bed now, FFS, it's 5 a.m. here now, at least I work from home (praise the lord for computer tech!) :)
see ya/ and i have thast same skyline fully tuned. I'm sure i coud win with that thank you for all your help.

Is this aspec or bspec ?

If aspec then use the Audi (I assume you know the nurb well). Make sure you do an oil change, refresh the chassis and consider stiffening.

You may need a lower power weight ratio than 2.3 if you think you are not as good a driver as the AI cars. Can you lap at 7.22 in the car you choose and go 5 laps on a set of tires ?

Racing cars will give you less hassle when the chassis goes than a road car.

The Merc Touring Car may be a goer as well. You will probably struggle with tires due to the hp but that may level the field.

I suggest taking a couple of racing cars for a free run first to see if you can better 7.22 lap times.

7.22, what do you guys think i have been doing here at this forum for the last 3 hours, sitting jacking off, lol sounds fun though, but i have been practcing and i got 7.09 in my mercedes touring car. :sly:

But i apreciate your help, you made me learn alot. O and i am doing a-spec, like i said me and my friend are doing it together.

ok peopel i'm thinkof the the dodge viper the most right now. it competes very well wit hthe compotition.

tires run green in under a half lap, tire ware is bad. :(
i was really thinking about that car.

Hey, if u want a close race, stop talking about 700hp+ cars and start thinking about choosing one of ur JGTC Cars. Im talking about the Takata NSX, Cerumo Supra, LM 350Z Race Car, Calsonic Skylines and such, Maybe some light mods and try to purchase all the tires. As you drive in the track u might understand which front or rear wheels get wasted faster, so that when u pit you will kno what tires u will need to benifit in ur race. This sounds like fun man i would like to be one of ur friends and o this w/ you.

Tried mines on B-Spec, BOB did good for me, GoOd LuCk To Ya 💡

Quite frankly, every single one of the cars in your list is too much.

I'm serious. All of 'em.
Even the A4 and the Amuse have way too much power for this race.

I experimented with a couple cars a few days ago for a guy on the GameFAQs board. Went the first 6 laps and put down results but it's been deleted already! :(

Anyway, I used the Toyota Altezza Touring Car. I made sure that the Audi TT-R was in the lineup since I *think* it's your toughtest potential competition. Think I still remember most of it. It was about 94p w/R1s. The Spoon S2000 was also there which really screwed up the points. Probably would've been 130-150 if a better car replaced it.

I was in the lead by the 2nd checkpoint. Started w/a 7'25, had 3 7'19s. In the middle 4 laps, I worked up about a 2 or 3 second lead and the TT would start catching me on the backside straight so I was ahead by less than 1 second 4 of the 6 laps! I was 6s up going into the pits on lap 6 (the TT started losing traction while my back tires were still light grn and fronts mid-orange), 12s up coming out. (BTW: The next closest competitor (the Calibra?) was 1 minute back. A couple JGTC300 cars were over 1/3 of a lap back and the stupid Spoon was 3/4 of a lap back already!)

The point is, it'll get easier and there's still a LOT of margin for error. Something I'm sure you'll need in a 24h race. :nervous:

Try it out and see what you think. The Altezza has a serious advantage because it has much more downforce than it's competitors.

Other good choices: ANY JGTC300 car. The Wedsport Celica is the best among them. Others would include the Arta Garaiya, the Amemiya RX-7 and the Cusco Subaru. The worst is the Razo Silvia. So if you want a real challenge. That may just be the one.

It may be best if the TT isn't there. Depends on what you're looking for.

The Merc, 190E and the Astra are the next on the list of cars to watch out for.

Good luck! 👍

WOW the viper ran really close. i think this actually may be it. although it's trie i could upgrade to a better quality. i ran only 4s in front of 2nd palce and it ran a 7.12 1 lap. thanks alot guys. this was the linup it it just was (starting at beging)

1 Merc 190E
2Windsport Celica
3Cusco subaru
4Amemiya RX-7
5BMW M3 GTR
6 Dodge Viper SRT 10 '03 (ME)

Master_Yoda
WOW the viper ran really close. i think this actually may be it. although it's trie i could upgrade to a better quality. i ran only 4s in front of 2nd palce and it ran a 7.12 1 lap.

Ok dude, which viper are u talking about, i find the stock vipers handling to be awefull, im talking of the older one. The Concept is awefully fast stock and the other should be ok, i reall nvr paid attention to it to far.
As a matter of fact, think of buying one and testing it out. :)

Supren
Ok dude, which viper are u talking about, i find the stock vipers handling to be awefull, im talking of the older one. The Concept is awefully fast stock and the other should be ok, i reall nvr paid attention to it to far.
As a matter of fact, think of buying one and testing it out. :)
i deited my post check it out. my driving was kinda off but its all there. and all the vipers in the game that i have are amazing. just get the on your thinking about its worth the money.

Latest Posts

Back