My GT4 24 hour at the ring story

Master_Yoda

(Banned)
At 12:00 PM Pacific (USA) time (loacted in california) I will start my 24 hour race.
I did this cause i've seen storys like this, and people liked them. So i'm doing this for people to read and for people that havn't done it, it will help them to choose what car.

Race Type: Endurence

Track:Nurburgring

Car: Unknown

Cars were considering using: Toyota Minolta(1,164 hp), Ford GT '05(798 hp), Chevrolet Corvette C5R Race Car(917 hp), Mercedes CLK Touring Car(764 hp), Mercedes SL 65 AMG R230 '04(952 hp), Dodge Viper SRT10 '03(983 hp) OPTION Stream Z '04(770 hp), Chaparel(???), Amuse S2000 GT1(510 hp), Audi A4 Touring Car(450 hp), Blitz Skyline(???),

I will be racing with my friend and we will switch off every hour. We are looking for a car that will be battleing in a close racee. We have no limit of money to spend. So we need your help to choose are car. So YOU tells US what to use and we will start my story as start and all the way threw to the finish. (i will have correct spelling, grammer, etc...) Please respond as fast as you can we only have 5.15 hours until we start.

I will tell you guys all the major things that happened every hour, or half hour. fell free to give out coments. For any questions PM me i will be on the whole time. I will be at my computer at all times.

More important than HP is handling and pitting strategy at the Ring 24h.
I b-speced it with the Chaparral in stock form and it was an easy win even though the car has less hp than some of the competition. The higher torque, reduced weight, better handling and acceleration had my b-spec driver lapping 40 seconds (6:51) faster than the M3 in setting 3. Even in setting 2 he was doing around 7:10. That was almost enough to pit every lap!

In comparison, the b-spec driver could only do 7:13 in the Option Stream (amlost 300extra HP but heavier and worse handling) on setting 4 and 7:27 on setting 3.

I would love it if you did it in the Amuse S2000 GT1, perhaps with a few upgrades.

EDIT: tried 1 lap at the 24h ring with the Amuse, 7:14 - 14s ahead of the pack, still green tires at stock configuration (510HP), so it'll last 2 laps. Much better if you change to R1 rear and R2 Front.
Was offered 54 A-spec points. This is a certain winner

It depends on what you call 'constant competition'. I have had 3 point races where I barely won (9 seconds or less) because I had to pit 7 -8 times more than the others. I was always having to push the limits of the car and my driving skills because of the severe tire handycap. I would call that constant competition even though I could drive circles around them.

If you want something that is equal in power and to win the race based on driving skills and pitting strategy then choose something in the 500-600HP range. Even Better, use the same BMW car as the competition (Was 2nd when I did the race). That should bring it down to driving skill and pitting..

Mr.Slow
It depends on what you call 'constant competition'. I have had 3 point races where I barely won (9 seconds or less) because I had to pit 7 -8 times more than the others. I was always having to push the limits of the car and my driving skills because of the severe tire handycap. I would call that constant competition even though I could drive circles around them.

If you want something that is equal in power and to win the race based on driving skills and pitting strategy then choose something in the 500-600HP range. Even Better, use the same BMW car as the competition (Was 2nd when I did the race). That should bring it down to driving skill and pitting..
Interesting, hhhmmm... i'm playing on a DS2 no sterring wheel so it would be a little harder and another fact that i'm not the best at the ring but my friend is alot better then me.

You aim for a 0.100 win after 24hrs? That would be an achievement!

I tried out the Audi A4 Touring car at ~450HP, did 7:22, 3s ahead of the M3 GTR. Stock, still green tires, that would make for a close race!

hispeed
You aim for a 0.100 win after 24hrs? That would be an achievement!

I tried out the Audi A4 Touring car at ~450HP, did 7:22, 3s ahead of the M3 GTR. Stock, still green tires, that would make for a close race!

is this one of the red bull cars? casue i have one of those. NOT going to use it cause it has always given me bad luck.

Tried the stock Blitz Skyline ER34 D1spec '04 (475HP). But, as I found out after the race, it was on S3 tires stock, so I lost the 1st lap by 6s at 7:38. Amazingly I didn't run off the track once!!

Gotta crash into bed now, FFS, it's 5 a.m. here now, at least I work from home (praise the lord for computer tech!) :)

hispeed
Tried the stock Blitz Skyline ER34 D1spec '04 (475HP). But, as I found out after the race, it was on S3 tires stock, so I lost the 1st lap by 6s at 7:38. Amazingly I didn't run off the track once!!

Gotta crash into bed now, FFS, it's 5 a.m. here now, at least I work from home (praise the lord for computer tech!) :)
see ya/ and i have thast same skyline fully tuned. I'm sure i coud win with that thank you for all your help.

i think you're starting at 12 AM not PM, because of the timestamp on your first post and the quote of "5:xx" remaining to the race.

anyways, try using a Lotus Carlton?

For a fun challenging race, try the BMW 320i Touring Car boosted to 393HP. I'm driving it right now against an AUDI A4 Touring Car. Woop his butt in A-spec, woops my butt in B-spec.

I used the CLK Touring Car, Hard front, Medium rear. After I was I took the lead, I just cruised through, always making sure not to wear out the tires excessively by spinning out or anything like that. Eventually, you'll catch up to the lagging 6th place guy, and you can just draft him to victory. If he pits, catch up to 5th place and do the same. Repeat until you've got an F1 car.

Back