My Licenses - Write Up

• Thread starter Speed 2
  • 14 comments
This thread is for all my licence times which will be included in the following 6 tables over time with descriptions of each test.
Keep checking each table for updates.
I will give an extremely detailed description of any gold medal run, and only a brief description of Bronze or Silver runs.

All runs are in manual and raced using the GT Force Steering Wheel.

From B-3 onwards, I will be just aiming to finish the licences, rather than aiming for golds on all again, I'll save that for later into the game

Licence TestFastest Time
B-134.659
B-225.038
B-331.010
B-428.897
B-534.354
B-632.907
B-732.824
B-842.733

B-1 - I revved the engine in second gear at around 300rpm below the red, then when the light goes green, slam the accelerator, the needle reaches the red without red-lining and the car steadily accelerates away from the start. 3rd gear comes into play at 83.5m/78.9km/h. 4th gear makes an appearance at 413.1m/125.7km/h. I begin to brake at 944.0m/155.9km/h. The car comes to a stop at 1007.0m. Gold Medal Awarded. When I return some day to improve, my braking point can be 5m earlier to decreasethe distance travelled.

B-2 - I kept the engine at the red-line until the flag went down, ten I eased the accelerator rather quickly, rather than slamming it to prevent red-lining. 2nd appears at 30.1m/77.0km/h. 3rd comes in at 107m/121.2km/h. 4th makes an entrance at 273.5m/165.5km/h. The car is really moving now. 5th appears at 668m/216.9km/h. I hammered the brakes at 863m and kept braking until 990.0m when I realized that I wouldn't make it to the line so I let off the brakes for 6m and then stopped the car at 1006.4m. Gold Medal Awarded. Braking point can be improved when I return to improve.

B-3 - I kept the needle near the red while preparing to start. I eased the accelerator for the first 9m to prevent red-lining but it did so twice, went to 2nd at 21.5m/53.1km/h, changed to 3rd at 120m/102km/h, changed to 4th at 413.5m/147.5km/h just as I drove over the crest of the hill. I reached a top speed of 160.4kmh before braking at 535m until 576.5m dropping my speed to 96.2km/h. I then tapped the accelerator several times through the corner slowing to a lowest speed of 92km/h. I then accelerated to the line reaching a top speed of 121.5km/h at the finish line at 881.5m. Another gold medal. Keep em' comin'!

B-4 - Accelerated from the start well. 2nd gear at 28.8m/71.1km/h. 3rd gear appeared at 140.1m/112.4km/h. Changed into 4th gearjust before the crest of the hill at 415.8m/155.2km/h. I braked at 524m mark with a top speed of 168.6km/h, braking for 76m, dropping 2 gears to 2nd and slowing to a speed of 78.9km/h. I then accelerated smoothly and constantly around the apex of the corner with the left wheels slightly touching the grass on the inside. Changed back into 3rd at 694.2m/108.2km/h. Then I reached the finish line with a top speed of 130.8km/h. Gold medal awarded.

B-5 - Accelerated from the start line by nursing the throttle from 2'500rpm at the start until the car got to 40km/h then floored the accelerator, the car red-lined about 5 times but the acceleration stayed pretty constant, changed to 2nd at 36.3m/59.6km/h. Jumped to 3rd at 148.3m/98.6km/h. Took turn 1 very nicely with the left wheel on the blue line. Constantly accelerated through turn 1 until I got to 358.1m/ 116.9km/h. I then let off the gas for about 18m, then pressed for 10m, then released for 8m then applied for 22m then released for 7m, then applied for 27m then released for 7m to drop the speed slightly to around 105km/h and to keep it there for the duration of the turn. The car drifted about 1m left of the blue line so I had to keep steering to the right until my braking point at 537.8m/108.8kmh to set myself up for the final noghtmare, the dreaded left turn before the tunnel. I braked for 10m to drop my speed down to 88.6km/h which dropped to 87.1km/h due to the extreme steering required for the corner, I then had to let off the gas for about 25m while the speed dropped to a more adaquate 82.5km/h. My left wheels barely touched the grass on the left and the car drifted nicely to about 20cms from the wallwhich was the perfect turn speed, I then accelerated to the line changing back into 3rd at 706.1m/99.1km/h, reaching the line (900m) with a top speed of 125.7km/h

B-6 - Great run. Accelerated from the start line with the revs being held at around 3'000rpm. Reached 2nd at 23.4m/55.2km/h. Changed into 3rd at 146.3m/95.7km/h. Took the first left hander slightly wide of the blue line to begin with but pulled it in to get the best line for turn 2. Entered turn 1 at around 100kmh and constantly accelerated until the exit at 115km/h. Reached 119.8km/h before letting off the gas at 361m and tapping the brakes twice at 368m and 374m dropping my speed down to 109.1km/h at 389.8m before accelerating around turn 2 nicely, letting off the gas at the apex to ruduce my speed to 102.6km/h. I raced off to the next left hander, the hardest of them all. I held the brake for precisely 10m between 538-548m dropping my speed down to 86.9km/h but keeping in 3rd gear all the way around before accelerating all the way to the line reaching a top speed of 127.7km/h at the finish line at 900m. Another gold medal to add to the collection.

B-7 - Revved the engine to 6'500rpm at the start, accelerated away very quickly, changed to 2nd at 26.6m/56.2km/h. Took the first easy left without letting off the gas of course, as soon as I change into second and clear the crest of the first hill, I imediately turn left to aim at the apex directly once I can see it. This saves me 2 or 3 metres. The next right went without a glitch too except for the acceleration stopping at 107km/h for a short while before starting again, the following left was also taken at full throttle as well since it's so soft, but I had to brake at 424.4m/124.6km/h to get ready for the tight right turn leading into the tunnel. My speed dropped to 114.3km/h before the turn and then to 112.5km/h due to the strong steering I have to apply. I then let off the gas ready for the long sweeping right-hander at 572.9m/117.8km/h for 21m then twice more at 604m and 617m for 5m to ruduce the speed to 104.7km/h. I then had to release the gas at 665.5m for 7m to drop the speed back down to 106.1km/h at the apex of the turn. OI then floored the accelerator and hugged the blue line until I got to the line with a top speed of 125.8km/h.

B-8 - Unabled to give datalogger description, exited before saving the run. The next time I run this and I get a 42.799 or less, I will post the datalogger details, but I can say for sure. That was the perfect run I've always wanted. Cut the inside of the first turn to aim for the apex about 2/3's around the corner to line up for the next right, brake 1 bar on the "winner's line" earlier than stated to drop the speed down to about 87km/h then accelerate from about a car length before the apex and exit wide without sliding at all. Tapped the brakes heading into the S bend but I slowed down about 5km/h too much before the final turn so I can improve. I tapped the brakes at the entrance to the final turn so I could hit the apex and exited without drifting or sliding, missed the outside wall of the tunnel by literally NOTHING. The replay clarified that I was 1 or 2 centimetres off the wall. :D :D :D :D :D. Gold Medal Awarded. Took about 45 mins and about 40 attempts. Mazda MX-5 1.8i as prize for all B Gold licences. :D :D :D :D :D.

I will do the other licences at another time. :D.

Licence TestFastest Time
A-132.533
A-225.950
A-329.526
A-443.055
A-555.671
A-626.974
A-714.168
A-815.358

A-1 - Held the revs at about 3'500rpms then carefully apllied the acceleration once underway. Taking about 1.5 seconds from going from about 30-40% power through to 100% giving excellent acceleration through first. Took the left on the line but aimed about half way between the outside and the apex and braked about 1 car length earlier. Started to turn and aimed for the blue line, began full acceleration about 1/4 way through the turn well before the apex, drifted as far as possible to prevent sliding and achieved gold on my second attempt. :D Can't be bad. :D

A-2 - Held revs at 5'000rpm and slammed the accelerator following the blue line about half a car length to the left of it, I braked about 2 dashes earlier the the red line and kept the car in 3rd to prevent sliding, missed the first apex by about half a car width and hit the second apex as close the the sand as possible without touching, then accelerated fully to the outside and hit the line .050 quicker. Gold on 5th attempt. :D

A-3 - Held at 3'000rpm at start. Accelerated well. Entered the corner as far left as possible and braked 1 dash mark early, hit the apex well but drifted wide of the blue line almost touching the sand, reached the line and smashed the gold time of 29.800 by .274 seconds. ON MY FIRST TRY! :eek: . Can't do better than that. :P .

A-4 - Started at 7'500rpm in 2nd gear. Kept the car in 2nd gear for first 41 seconds with short brief pauses of acceleration to keep the speed at 103-104km/h just prior to red-lining at 105km/h. The car was about 1 metre off the rumble strips the whole time until I saw the line then I aimed for the rumble strips and kicked it into 3rd gear reach 114km/h at the line .145 quicker than gold time. 4th Attempt. :D.

A-5 - Started and accelerated like A-4 but entered 3rd gear asap and kept the speed constant at about 130-133km/h until I saw the line then I floored it. Kept the car .5 metres away from strips again. Gold on 1ST TRY! :D I am GOOD! :D :cool: :D.

A-6 - Braked for first turn at the red line and changed to second, followed the line for first apex but cut the apex at the tunnel entrance more than the blue line states, touching the grass with the right wheels which lined me up for the second turn. I now ignored the "winner's line" and aimed straight for the apex and letting off the gas so I could take the corner slightly less than full throttle (about 80%). Once I could see the exit of the turn I gunned the throttle and exited as wide and as safe as possible (no touching sand) and hit the line to take gold on my 6th attempt. :D. Far easier to get golds than last time. :D.

A-7 - Changed into second right before the first jump to get a good jumpof speed upon landing. Braked about 1 dash early and aimed for the apex. I let off slightly at the apex to prevent me from exiting too wide. I NEVER touched the raized kerb on the exit on the outside but missed the apex wall by centimetres. Hit the line and finished .032 seconds aheade of gold time which, in this test, is a hell of a lot of time. :D. What made me smile the most was the fact that I got GOLD on this test in a mere NINE ATTEMPTS. :eek: :eek: :eek: . I about fainted. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A-8 - Follow the blue line towards the first left but aim to cut the corner as much as possible without failing, as you hit the apex steer the car heavily in the opposite direction to cut the next corner as much as possible without touching the cones, your left wheels just touches the rumble strip. BUT, you have to release the accelerator about 1 car length away from the second apex until you are touching the rumble strip. The car should now be able to stay on the track but end up with the right side of the car on the blue line. Now the key is DON'T PANIC at this point (Most people panic because they are way out of position and believe they can't take the final right good enough!), instead brake a hair before the red area, the sliding makes you think the car will spin but if you counter the slide 1/4 of a second before you brake the car should travel virtually dead straight, heading straight for the apex of the turn. Keep braking until you drop to about 65km/h so you can make the turn at full throttle ALL the way round from the moment you stop braking. The car should end up with the left wheels just about touching the rumble strip on the outside of the final corner. Then power to the line. Gold Medal Awarded! :D Mazda RX-8 Won :D.

Licence TestFastest Time
IB-1-
IB-2-
IB-3-
IB-4-
IB-5-
IB-6-
IB-7-
IB-8-

Licence TestFastest Time
IA-1-
IA-2-
IA-3-
IA-4-
IA-5-
IA-6-
IA-7-
IA-8-

Licence TestFastest Time
S-1-
S-2-
S-3-
S-4-
S-5-
S-6-
S-7-
S-8-

Licence TestFastest Time
R-1-
R-2-
R-3-
R-4-
R-5-
R-6-
R-7-
R-8-

I'm going to do some tests a little later, be back with descriptions of each one.
Later.

That's enough licences for today.
I've changed my mind, every licence I do now, I will go for gold. I'm already a GoldJunkie so it's not really a big deal.
I won't be doing all the licences now, when I'm done with B I will do some racing until I feel like doing some more licences or when I can't do anymore new races.

Later.

Nice write up.
You know that you can brake later if you turn and brake at the same time (you come to a stop a lot faster). Sometimes i use the emergency brake and spin into the side wall. That's how i got gold.

Excellent write up on the license tests. They sure are helping out since I really haven't taken the time to get the golds at first. I am now just starting to get all golds on the license. It is definenately helping me out a ton when figuring out what is the best line and what speed to be going here thanks Speed 2

Glad to be of service. :)

Duo17, it all depends on what car your driving. Turning while braking in a rear heavy car is a disaster waiting to happen. :)

I use that to my advantage...
I call it a controled spin. :D
I either spin into a wall or start spinning a earlier than i would brake. It took a lot of practice though.

Impressive of you to get gold on A-7 (the one with the Camaro at Seattle) in 9 attempts. That one caused me a bit of trouble, as it took me forever to nail that corner correctly.

Very good post Speed 2, but I agree with you in deciding to only aim for golds. That's a good policy, since it's quite easy (very easy) to get all bronze on the licenses, but getting all golds or even all silver is a completely different monster to tackle.

Thanks for your effort.

impressive stuff :)

hi im new here

and im not that great at GT - but I do love it eheh

does anyone have any tips on the 'going around in a circle' sections of the license tests - as I am diabolically crappy at these :P

any help is much appreciated....

BaphomeT

You have to feather the throttle and stay RIGHT on the inside, like almost up on the black and white section ... So don't give full throttle anywhere, just half all the way, so you can stay at the inside of the turn ...

yeah, i hate A-7, that camaro one is hard as hell.

i can get all golds in international B liscense, and i have about 4 golds and rest silver or bronze in I-A, but im not sure im ever gonna get that one.

Back